McNabb: Too late for an apology from Limbaugh

justAndy

Jolly Nihilist
Reaction score
first we had....

...Dennis Miller on MNF spouting literary non-sequiters, now we have Rush spouting rightwing politics - both cases of out of place content for a SPORTS show...

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
Re: first we had....

Originally posted by andikrist
...Dennis Miller on MNF spouting literary non-sequiters, now we have Rush spouting rightwing politics - both cases of out of place content for a SPORTS show...

Don't forget about the unquestionably qualified Lisa Guerrero, and the Brittany Spears led NFL season kick-off show...
It's a freaking circus. Normally I like a little spectacle of sorts, but the Superbowl halftime show, the Olympic opening and closing ceremonies, etc. just turn me off. Why don't they just come out and say, "We think you're all friggin morons, so here's some noise and shiny objects to keep you occupied in between commercials."

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by dopleganger
Man you people. Ok this is my last response, then I have to go back to work.

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't somebody on this very board post the thought that Mcnabb was overrated? Didn't I read in somebodys list of of most overrated that Mcnabb was one of them? I dunno maybe I didn't.

Man you just don't get it.

I have no problem with someone disagreeing with me about McNabb. In fact Skkorp thinks he is overrated. However I didn't see Skkorp say that McNabb was overrated because he is black and the media wanted him to succeed. That has to be the stupidest comment I have ever heard.

Remind me to thank Rush for his enlightening sports analysis. :rolleyes:

Redheart

Stack 'em up!
Reaction score
Re: Re: first we had....

Originally posted by SECTION 11 Why don't they just come out and say, "We think you're all friggin morons, so here's some noise and shiny objects to keep you occupied in between commercials." [/B]

ooooo....sparkleys.....ok, I will renew my seasons tickets...

Tangodnzr

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Originally posted by Brian in Mesa
Well we know he's not German.

If he was, he'd know how to properly spell doppelganger.

:biglaugh:

LOL, and he's certainly not French. Oh is not French, it's English. He doesn't know any better so he's just spelling it phoenetically in English. Definitely a faux Frenchie here, and not the brightest bulb in the bin either. :doi:

Wild Card

Surfin' Bird
Reaction score
Originally posted by Tangodnzr
LOL, and he's certainly not French. Oh is not French, it's English. He doesn't know any better so he's just spelling it phoenetically in English. Definitely a faux Frenchie here, and not the brightest bulb in the bin either. :doi:

Tango:

He was obviously trying--and failing--to say au contraire. Really spoils the desired effect of wordly sophistication, doesn't it?

WC

Last edited:

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Re: Re: first we had....

Originally posted by SECTION 11
Don't forget about the unquestionably qualified Lisa Guerrero, and the Brittany Spears led NFL season kick-off show...
It's a freaking circus. Normally I like a little spectacle of sorts, but the Superbowl halftime show, the Olympic opening and closing ceremonies, etc. just turn me off. Why don't they just come out and say, "We think you're all friggin morons, so here's some noise and shiny objects to keep you occupied in between commercials."

Amen Brother 11. Amen.

What is even worse is having other singers do the MNF opening song with Hank. Sorry but what is that all about? Makes me sick. Cna we not go back to simpler days with the original MNF opening music...music that got me so pumped up to watch I wanted to hit someone?

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Rush Limbaugh!

What an arrogant @sshole!

How can someone that fat, with such an easy job, and loads of money think he knows what is best for people.

The guy does nothing but stir the pot. And spread hate within mankind.

I hope he is hit by a 16 wheeler.

Black QB? Once again. We all die by a bullet in the head, We all bleed red.

Freakin racist has no idea how stupid he is !?!? I have yet to understand why in the year 2003 people still think skin color makes humans different.

It is like saying my Black and white cat is better than my tabby because of its fur color. INSANE!!!

Why can't Rush Limbaugh let his FAT @ss have a heart attack?

SOOOOO STUPID!
:rolleyes:

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Originally posted by dopleganger
Rush is not racist or the great thinker he thinks he is. But some times he is right and this is one of them. He has nothing to appolgize for. The rest of you people would normally agree with this its just that Rush said it. So you don't.

Sometimes Rush is right?

Well I guess if you do nothing but eat and talk out of your @ss all day you MUST trip upon the truth eventually.

BTW - F you! I don't agree or WILL NEVER agree with what Rush said. Religion/Racisim is the center of all mankinds problems. If you ever take skin color into account on anything then you are a F'N moron, and should be shot in the head!!! Yes, in the head. The less racist, and religious pyshopaths in this world the more peacefull it will become.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Tangodnzr

Au Contraire...

Ok, nevermind. No contraire.

JasonKGME

I'm a uncle's monkey??
Reaction score
That was my point.

People would have no problem with Rush saying "In my opinion, McNabb is overrated."

Instead he tried to spin it into some racial conspiracy coducted by the media..."(McNabb) was overrated because the media wanted to see a black quarterback succeed."

I love it when people mis-quote especial when the correct quote is in the same thread. Rush said and I quote:

"I think what we've had here is a little social concern in the NFL. The media has been very desirous that a black quarterback do well," Limbaugh said. "There is a little hope invested in McNabb, and he got a lot of credit for the performance of this team that he didn't deserve. The defense carried this team."

Why is it that everyone wants to take that quote to mean that Rush thinks McNabb sucks cus he's black? What rush said and meant was simply that the media has been desirous of having a Black QB become very successful and have thus put labels on some of the Black QB's around the league including McNabb as being "great" QB's when at this point I dont think you can really call them great. To me it is much the same media bias as when Jake came out and was annointed as the next Joe Montana. The annointing was not deserved by Jake and it is not deserved by McNabb at this point in his career. That was the point Limbaugh was trying to get across. This should never have been a race issue folks, get over it

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by JasonKGME
I love it when people mis-quote especial when the correct quote is in the same thread.

Actually, I just put into words the end of the first sentence of the article.

--- Donovan McNabb isn't looking for an apology from Rush Limbaugh, who said he was overrated because the media wanted to see a black quarterback succeed. ---

Since it is basically a paraphrase (by the writer) of Rush's words, I did NOT attribute it directly to Rush...

Thanks for playing though. :D

As for race - Limbaugh is the one who brought it into this discussion. That's what people have an issue with.

To me, Donovan McNabb is a QB in the NFL.

To Rush Limbaugh, Donovan McNabb is a black QB in the NFL.

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
I love it when people mis-quote especial when the correct quote is in the same thread. Rush said and I quote:

"I think what we've had here is a little social concern in the NFL. The media has been very desirous that a black quarterback do well," Limbaugh said. "There is a little hope invested in McNabb, and he got a lot of credit for the performance of this team that he didn't deserve. The defense carried this team."

Why is it that everyone wants to take that quote to mean that Rush thinks McNabb sucks cus he's black? What rush said and meant was simply that the media has been desirous of having a Black QB become very successful and have thus put labels on some of the Black QB's around the league including McNabb as being "great" QB's when at this point I dont think you can really call them great. To me it is much the same media bias as when Jake came out and was annointed as the next Joe Montana. The annointing was not deserved by Jake and it is not deserved by McNabb at this point in his career. That was the point Limbaugh was trying to get across. This should never have been a race issue folks, get over it

Except I never heard anyone say they wanted Jake PLummer, a white QB, to do well!

It certainly does involve race. If Rush had said. '...the media is very desirous of a QB from Syracuse to do well..." or "...for a QB whose name has a "MC" in it" etc

No Rush said a 'BLACK' QB!!!

He insinuated that the media wanted a black QB to do well....that line interjects race from the get go! How can you say Race has nothing to do with it??/?

Rats

Somanyfreaks,SofewCircus'
Reaction score
Originally posted by JeffGollin
[

And I think you owe jackasses everywhere an apology for the above comment.[/COLOR] [/B]
YES!!.....**** it....I want an apology....and I want it now:hammer:

Wild Card

Surfin' Bird
Reaction score

"I think what we've had here is a little social concern in the NFL. The media has been very desirous that a black quarterback do well," Limbaugh said...

Why is it that everyone wants to take that quote to mean that Rush thinks McNabb sucks cus he's black?

Jason:

You're missing the point. It's irrelevant whether Limbaugh "thinks McNabb sucks," or not. It's his generalization about the media wanting "a black quarterback (to) do well" that smacks of racism. It'd be just as racist, in reverse, to claim that Wayne Chrebet has been overrated as a WR, or Jason Sehorn as a DB, solely because the media wanted a white player to "do well" at those positions.

Aside and apart from the racist angle, Limbaugh's comment was simply ignorant. "Black quarterback(s)" have been successful in the NFL for years, and currently start for approximately one-fourth of the teams in the league.

I think ESPN ought to seriously rethink their relationship with Limbaugh. Better men than him have lost jobs over comments less offensive--and less stupid--than his.

WC

Last edited:

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why is it that everyone wants to take that quote to mean that Rush thinks McNabb sucks cus he's black?

No one has said that at all.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Wild Card
Jason:

I think ESPN ought to seriously rethink their relationship with Limbaugh. Better men than him have lost jobs over comments less offensive--and less stupid--than his.

WC

I don't think Limbaugh would care. He doesn't need the money, that's for sure. Maybe ratings will drop because of this, but if anything, the attention this is getting will make ratings rise.

These pregame shows have sucked for several years now, I don't watch them anymore. You get better info from boards like this without all of the stupidity.

Second Deck

Registered
Reaction score
After watching McNabb take us apart on one leg last year he made a believer out of me. He has no name receivers and still got to the NFC championship last year.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Is Donnie McNabb totally overrated? Yes.

Does the media dote on him? Yes.

Is he a black quarterback, and one of the better ones in recent memory? Yes.

I think that the media dotes on Donnie McNabb as one of the best (Top 5) QBs in the league because (1) he's black, (2) he's a charismatic, likeable guy. I think that both things help. Kurt Warner was doted on because he was (1) a former bag boy and (2) a likeable, charismatic guy. Forget the fact that 75% of the QBs in the league could light up the scoreboard like a pinball machine in that offense in the NFC West at the time Warner was playing.

No one in the media even HINTED that McNabb might be overrated until his team started the season 0-2 and he wasn't doing anything to help his team. I don't even like Rush, but he was right in saying that it was Philly's D that has carried that team for the past three years or whatever. If the Eagles fail this season, it's because Reid thought that his offense could pick up the slack of losing top-tier players to free agency every season.

It's a very, very similar situation with Jason Seahorn. He got that huge contract with the Giants, but never went to a Pro Bowl, and was never really an impact guy on their D, but he was white in a basically all-black position, and a handsome, charismatic guy who's married to uber-hottie Angie Harmon. No one wants to say that Urlacher is overrated, but he is, and it's because (1) he had Ted Washington and Keith Traylor protecting him and (2) because he's white at basically a "black" position.

A person is not racist because he might recognize that race is an issue in America. Nidan constantly asserts that the media is loathe to criticize the Bengals because Lewis is a black head coach, but no one (except Ouchie and Cheese) ever jumps all over him on it.

For the record, Brian, when someone says something, that represents their opinion. If I say, "You're a bad poster," does that make it true? No. It's my opinion. We've all been taught in school that when writing essays, don't write "in my opinion," because when you're writing an essay, that's pretty obvious. When you're hearing from Rush, or any other color commentator, it's pretty obvious that what they're saying is an opinion, and should be understood as such. It's also his opinion that the media makes excuses for him because he's black. Just because he says it doesn't make it a fact.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by kerouac9
I think that the media dotes on Donnie McNabb as one of the best (Top 5) QBs in the league because (1) he's black, (2) he's a charismatic, likeable guy. I think that both things help. Kurt Warner was doted on because he was (1) a former bag boy and (2) a likeable, charismatic guy. Forget the fact that 75% of the QBs in the league could light up the scoreboard like a pinball machine in that offense in the NFC West at the time Warner was playing.

Have you ever seen the Eagles offense? McNabb was the only offensive weapon on the Eagles for the last 3 years. That is why the media loves him.

Lets put it this way. Do you honestly beleive that the Media in Philly would overrate an Eagle QB just because they want a Black QB to succeed? Hell no, in fact they ripped the selection of McNabb over Ricky Williams. It didn't take long for them to change their tune when they witnessed him carry the entire offense starting in the 2000 season. Not to mention the last couple of seasons.

Hell I would love to have a QB like him on this team.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
That was my point.

People would have no problem with Rush saying "In my opinion, McNabb is overrated."

Instead he tried to spin it into some racial conspiracy conducted by the media..."(McNabb) was overrated because the media wanted to see a black quarterback succeed."

He's trying to say that the media purposely lobbed undeserved praises on McNabb simply because Donovan is black.

Exactly Brian. This is nothing other than a ploy to draw attention to the program, exactly what Rush is there for. Saying he is overrated is stupid, but his opinion. Saying he is overrated because he is black is moronic and is the reason that our country is still divided by ridiculous racial lines.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: first we had....

Originally posted by AZCB34
Amen Brother 11. Amen.

Thom Brenneman in the house? "Let's throw it to big Todd Walsh, Jimmie T!"

dopleganger

Veteran
Reaction score

As for race - Limbaugh is the one who brought it into this discussion. That's what people have an issue with.

To me, Donovan McNabb is a QB in the NFL.

To Rush Limbaugh, Donovan McNabb is a black QB in the NFL. [/B]

B.S. Brian. Utter B.S.. And I will spell my screen name anyway I want to - so you can K.M.A..

dopleganger

Veteran
Reaction score
Originally posted by RugbyMuffin
Rush Limbaugh!

What an arrogant @sshole!

How can someone that fat, with such an easy job, and loads of money think he knows what is best for people.

The guy does nothing but stir the pot. And spread hate within mankind.

I hope he is hit by a 16 wheeler.

Black QB? Once again. We all die by a bullet in the head, We all bleed red.

Freakin racist has no idea how stupid he is !?!? I have yet to understand why in the year 2003 people still think skin color makes humans different.

It is like saying my Black and white cat is better than my tabby because of its fur color. INSANE!!!

Why can't Rush Limbaugh let his FAT @ss have a heart attack?

SOOOOO STUPID!

Rugby, I have enjoyed reading most of your posts over the years and I hate to say this but this is total worthless crap that isn't worth the bits its saved on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05