MHJ

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's an odd comparison. Aside from last year, Kupp has been an All-Pro WR
It’s just the most glaring example playing out in front of us. When Cupp was dogcrap or injured last year, Nacua feasted despite being the only WR weapon… and he was a rookie. This happens all over the league. The best WRs get more coverage. Doesn’t mean they end up having pathetic 1 catch for 4 yard games.

Unless you just have pathetic expectations for what was hailed as a generational talent at WR, extra coverage is just an excuse for either bad gameplanning or crap QB’ing.

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
It’s just the most glaring example playing out in front of us. When Cupp was dogcrap or injured last year, Nacua feasted despite being the only WR weapon… and he was a rookie. This happens all over the league. The best WRs get more coverage. Doesn’t mean they end up having pathetic 1 catch for 4 yard games.

Unless you just have pathetic expectations for what was hailed as a generational talent at WR, extra coverage is just an excuse for either bad gameplanning or crap QB’ing.
Agreed. Stafford is just a much better QB than KM

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
You mean not giving the starters at least a couple of drives in the preseason has consequences early in the regular season??

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agreed. Stafford is just a much better QB than KM
I’m more mad at the idea that Gannon spouted that the D was keyed on him. Did they not expect Harrison to get more looks? And if they did and game-planned for that, is he covering for Kyler not getting him the ball?

Just a letdown to see the offense look good in the first half… and an abomination in the second. That pattern happened a lot last year too.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Is anyone else super excited that we drafted this guy number four overall to be our next Larry Fitzgerald?

Yet, our quarterback doesn’t even look his way? Or no designed plays just for him in an entire game? A close game at that.

I mean, I think he had like three targets one catch for 4 yards and a horrible drop…. Very Cardinalesque… certainly hoping this somehow gets rectified moving forward.
He’s no Anquan Boldin

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I’m more mad at the idea that Gannon spouted that the D was keyed on him. Did they not expect Harrison to get more looks? And if they did and game-planned for that, is he covering for Kyler not getting him the ball?

Just a letdown to see the offense look good in the first half… and an abomination in the second. That pattern happened a lot last year too.
The alternative would have been to throw his QB under the bus for not throwing him the ball. I like that our coach takes bullets for his guys even though doing so sets message boards on fire.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Not taking away that Kyler should have had him at the end, no excuse for that.

Marv had a nightmare debut though. Jesus.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
The alternative would have been to throw his QB under the bus for not throwing him the ball. I like that our coach takes bullets for his guys even though doing so sets message boards on fire.
There's a difference between throwing your QB under the bus and holding him accountable. You think Arians would have glossed over the missed opportunity? He was calling out things Brady missed or should have done differently in Tampa.
He wouldn't have whacked Murray and said what an F up that was, but he'd likely say something like, the play was there and we need to see and make that play.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Take it for what it’s worth

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
That is incredibly damning to KM. In the moment the DB is clearly leaving MHJ run wide open, Kyler is cocking it back to throw it to him. Why in the everloving eff would he change his mind? KM, far from covering himself in glory, has raised even more question marks for me.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That is incredibly damning to KM. In the moment the DB is clearly leaving MHJ run wide open, Kyler is cocking it back to throw it to him. Why in the everloving eff would he change his mind? KM, far from covering himself in glory, has raised even more question marks for me.
He was about to throw it to Dortch. Which begs the question, why didn’t he throw it to Dortch instead of hesitating?

PlayerHater

Veteran
Reaction score
Yah, you can see he is clearly looking in his direction when the DB is leaving him. That is exactly when he should have been throwing the ball. He had no pressure, protection was holding and if he was reading the coverage correctly he would recognize MHJ was about to blow by the DB. Even missing the original opportunity if he would have just hung in the pocket another second he would have seen him wide open but he decided to start running around in circles which is his default.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
. Even missing the original opportunity if he would have just hung in the pocket another second he would have seen him wide open but he decided to start running around in circles which is his default.

This point has been ignored by almost everyone. He had a pocket and then broke for no reason, instead of standing firm and making the play.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This point has been ignored by almost everyone. He had a pocket and then broke for no reason, instead of standing firm and making the play.
I think this guy right here chasing him is a good reason to break the pocket:

You must be registered for see images attach

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Uh… that was AFTER he already started scrambling for no reason. That pic is him running back towards the middle of the of field after breaking the initial pocket towards the Cards sideline.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Uh… that was AFTER he already started scrambling for no reason. That pic is him running back towards the middle of the of field after breaking the initial pocket towards the Cards sideline.
But he didn't break the pocket though at that point. After the Defender Jumped, took away Dortch and Kyler pulled down the ball, he reset and looked at his progressions to his Left. He was still in the pocket:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He was going to dump it off to Dortch until the Blitzing defender jumped and then Kyler rightly pulled the ball down and started to scramble.

There was NO reason for Kyler to pull the ball down and scramble RIGHT INTO pressure:

Attachments

• BC119D0B-1544-4E84-B2E6-DF7D3CA6E27F.png
    BC119D0B-1544-4E84-B2E6-DF7D3CA6E27F.png
    1 MB · Views: 3

PlayerHater

Veteran
Reaction score

That's 5-6 seconds after he got the snap. The ball should be out of his hands in 3 seconds. Watch the video posted above and freeze it at 5 seconds in, you can see he broke down and started running for no reason instead of hanging in the pocket and throwing the ball to his wide open receiver who at this point has very clear separation.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But he didn't break the pocket though at that point. After the Defender Jumped, took away Dortch and Kyler pulled down the ball, he reset and looked at his progressions to his Left. He was still in the pocket:

Are you blind or just being willfully ignorant? He’s already moving out of the pocket in that shot and running RIGHT TOWARDS the only pressure.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunchaser