MHJ

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’m not blaming him…. I’m saying our resources may have been better used if we’re not gonna use him at all. That’s why at the end I said I hope they rectify this. I don’t blame him at all not even a little bit. he’s not the one not looking his way or having plays called for him….
Guy is so mad you’re not slandering Kyler to hell that he can’t even comprehend.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I’m not blaming him…. I’m saying our resources may have been better used if we’re not gonna use him at all. That’s why at the end I said I hope they rectify this. I don’t blame him at all not even a little bit. he’s not the one not looking his way or not having plays called for him….
I misread your post and got it confused with another.
Yes. They need to rectify it.

Hope it’s not like the Falcons when they didn’t use Bijan other than a decoy.

602 Native

Veteran
Reaction score
Ball hit my man directly in the hands and couldn’t get separation. He wasn’t ready but most rookies aren’t.

He will be better in the weeks to come.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know just guessing but not reacting to the back shoulder throw early and then the drop it seemed like Kyler was just not in synch with him. On the last few drives he basically only seemed to trust McBride and Dortch.

You gotta give the kid the ball though, after the drop we came right back to him.

Kyler has to see him at the end there, that's just a play you get so rarely in the NFL a total busted coverage on a #1 WR.

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know just guessing but not reacting to the back shoulder throw early and then the drop it seemed like Kyler was just not in synch with him. On the last few drives he basically only seemed to trust McBride and Dortch.

You gotta give the kid the ball though, after the drop we came right back to him.

Kyler has to see him at the end there, that's just a play you get so rarely in the NFL a total busted coverage on a #1 WR.
Well to be fair right now he’s our #3 :)

eastcoastDave

Veteran
Reaction score
I didn’t watch the game because of a prior committment. However, I “watched” the game on my phone’s Gamecast and kept track of the score/stats. I was amazed the prized rookie wide receiver had only 1 catch ( 3 targets) for 4 yards. Man, if you’ve got a new car, take it out and drive it; if you’ve got a prized wide receiver, throw him that damn ball. I just don’t get it.

urs

All Star
Reaction score
Is anyone else super excited that we drafted this guy number four overall to be our next Larry Fitzgerald?

Yet, our quarterback doesn’t even look his way? Or no designed plays just for him in an entire game? A close game at that.

I mean, I think he had like three targets one catch for 4 yards and a horrible drop…. Very Cardinalesque… certainly hoping this somehow gets rectified moving forward.
Larry had 4 games his rookie year with 2 or less catches

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score

Does anybody else think MHJ reacted weirdly to that first back-shoulder target to him?

When the ball was in the air, he didn't seem to adjust to at all. I mean not even a little bit!

It's not like pass was eight yards away from. It would have been a really touch catch but he didn't even really seem to try!

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Does anybody else think MHJ reacted weirdly to that first back-shoulder target to him?

When the ball was in the air, he didn't seem to adjust to at all. I mean not even a little bit!

It's not like pass was eight yards away from. It would have been a really touch catch but he didn't even really seem to try!
I was disappointed he was completely unprepared for it.
I don't know if he's ever had to scrap for anything. When has he ever been in a position like this?
Welcome to the Cardinals MHJ.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

He just didn't seem to expect it which surprised me but then they haven't played together in a game.

It sucks but between that and the drop on the last drive by Wilson we got a situation where Kyler only trusted McBride and Dortch to our detriment.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Didn't play in the preseason and wasn't ready for NFL game speed. No rapport with the QB.
Weird how that was predicted by a large portion of the board.

I agree with Shane. Criminal misuse. Yeah, one drop, but Jamar Chase did that too. I'm not worried about the talent there.

I am now worried about Petzing. He really took a dump on the sideline in the 2nd half.

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Weird how that was predicted by a large portion of the board.

I agree with Shane. Criminal misuse. Yeah, one drop, but Jamar Chase did that too. I'm not worried about the talent there.

I am now worried about Petzing. He really took a dump on the sideline in the 2nd half.
Ja’Marr Chase went out today with zero practice zero preseason games and being in street clothes the entire off-season and managed six catches for almost 70 yards… without even watching the game I’m pretty sure that he was a focus of the patriots D

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Ja’Marr Chase went out today with zero practice zero preseason games and being in street clothes the entire off-season and managed six catches for almost 70 yards… without even watching the game I’m pretty sure that he was a focus of the patriots D
I just agreed with you, so...yeah, maybe not try to weirdly disprove me agreeing with you?

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just agreed with you, so...yeah, maybe not try to weirdly disprove me agreeing with you?
We don’t agree on PS actually being necessary. The rest we agreed upon.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Most don’t remember it, but Fitzgerald got off to a slow start and didn’t really break out until year 2. I’m not the least bit concerned

Fitz was also playing with drek like Josh McCown and Shaun Freaking King throwing him the ball, not a 40 million dollar “star” QB.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t want to hear Jack squat from Gannon or Kyler about bracket coverage with MHJ. EVERY great WR is keyed on. Take this Rams game for example. No Pacua, but they can CONSISTENTLY get Cupp the ball.

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
I don’t want to hear Jack squat from Gannon or Kyler about bracket coverage with MHJ. EVERY great WR is keyed on. Take this Rams game for example. No Pacua, but they can CONSISTENTLY get Cupp the ball.
That's an odd comparison. Aside from last year, Kupp has been an All-Pro WR

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sparky