Michael Floyd - womp womp

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Still too early. I may have an issue with the pick, but one game does not make a career.

And you forgot the False Start penalty he had.

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
How many targets did Floyd have? I was at the game but I don't remember them trowing his directly much, if at all. I kept waiting for them to throw his direction in the redzone because he was single covered the whole time and they kept rolling the safety over to Fitz.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think he'll eventually be a good player but doesn't look like he's ready. Thing is so many rookie WR's go through and one good game can completely change things.

You gotta figure history says we'll need him at some point hope he's ready when we do.

Denny Green Fan

Registered
Reaction score
I think he'll eventually be a good player but doesn't look like he's ready. Thing is so many rookie WR's go through and one good game can completely change things.

You gotta figure history says we'll need him at some point hope he's ready when we do.

For what its worth the San Diego General manager loves him. " I just think he

is going to be great. Reminds me so much of Vincent Jackson"

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Hopefully short-term patience = long-term payoff. I hope/can see him making a big jump between year one and year two.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
the guy is like the fourth WR on the depth chart, a lot of it has to do with Whis and his approach to rookies and this system of his which is not apparently easy to learn...to say crap like he is a bust at this point is absurd...ding dong ding dong!

InfiniteRed

Veteran
Reaction score
He's fourth string, he isn't going to show up much since he is being eased in. Give it some time he could be great or he could be a bust, not fair to judge now.

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This post is so asinine, that if you weren't a long time poster I would think you were trolling.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We're only one week into the season and this is already our second thread proclaiming Floyd as a mega-bust. I didn't like the draft pick but you would have to be Kreskin to nail any rookie's future from a preseason and one freaking game. Especially a guy who's spent most of his time watching from the sidelines.

Steve

Denny Green Fan

Registered
Reaction score
We're only one week into the season and this is already our second thread proclaiming Floyd as a mega-bust. I didn't like the draft pick but you would have to be Kreskin to nail any rookie's future from a preseason and one freaking game. Especially a guy who's spent most of his time watching from the sidelines.

Steve

Yep it took Daris Heyward Bay a few seasons to come around:)

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
WTH is the deal with these kinds of posts? Is it some kind of desire to be the first "I called it" if the player doesn't do well? Is it some kind of attempt to be funny? Sarcasm?

I'm being serious. Have no idea why anyone would post something like this about any rookie after ONE regular season game.

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
WTH is the deal with these kinds of posts? Is it some kind of desire to be the first "I called it" if the player doesn't do well? Is it some kind of attempt to be funny? Sarcasm?

I'm being serious. Have no idea why anyone would post something like this about any rookie after ONE regular season game.

I honestly think it is trolling. Trying to rile up the board on a Tuesday. Especially with the childish "Womp Womp" thing.

Still considering a ban at this point.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Still too early. I may have an issue with the pick, but one game does not make a career.

And you forgot the False Start penalty he had.

I agree it is way to early to pass judgement on Floyd.

ryanshaug

Registered
Reaction score
Just...wow. Getting tired of reading the negatives on this board. How about focusing on the positives? Roberts, Doucet made some great catches. Floyd is going to be fine. He's buried on the depth chart because Roberts is playing pretty darn good. Floyd has a chance to develop where he is, and you know what - that may pay off. Give him time.

He made one mistake (false start) but you know what he also covered a fumble too. He contributed, he's a Cardinal, and I hope he makes you eat your words.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

DemsMyBoys

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Mega bust... 0 catches.

I totally agree.

Guy's a looser. Waste of a draft pick. Worst player in Cardinal red ev-ah. Can't catch. Can't run. Couldn't find a saguaro in the Sonoran desert. What on earth were the Bidwills thinking?

Dear Coach Whiz,

We all know the team thrives on being told they suck. Please post this on the bulletin board outside the locker room. A big black arrow with READ THIS pointing to it would help. You're very welcome. Enjoy the flight home. They're always nice after a win.

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
seriously.....

Peyton Manning's 1st game 3 INT's and a 58 passer rating...Why'd the Colts even keep him around

Lawrence Taylor had 1 sack his first year...man they should have cut him

Barry Sanders only got 71 yards his first game and 57 his second....waste of talent there

Joe Montana had 2 INT's his first start....bum

Walter Peyton's first game he ran 8 times for ZERO YARDS....why in the world did they even keep him

Colts should cut Andrew Luck after his first game...he sucked

Last edited:

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
"womp womp?"

Really?
I think maybe (at least I hope) he is just doing the hook for his next rap album?

I love all the recent threads out there with zero nutritional value.

My favorite ones are when people read a post in a thread, and then go make a new thread like it is somehow new information. Good times, thank goodness football is back.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05