Michael Floyd

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
To be fair, when you go back through the drafts since Levi, it's difficult to say that we passed on a better offensive lineman than the guy that we ended up getting. Even robo-bust Cody Brown wasn't picked ahead of a bunch of impact offensive linemen.

BPA cuts both ways as a draft philosophy. You're going to draft a lot of skill position players, because NCAA football has better skill position players than offensive linemen. You have to tweak your philosophy in a way that you've said in the past in unacceptable and take an imperfect lineman head of a more perfect running back, or corner, or linebacker.

I think it's really an art form, where you have to stack your board with BPA a positions of need, but then have a separate list where you flat out rank BPA so that you never get to a point where you're drafting your 15th rank OL over your 4th ranked CB.

I doubt DeCastro was even on the Cardinals top 20 list, since we signed Colledge last year and Snyder (ugh) this offseason. Jonathan Martin obviously was universally seen as not a first rounder and Reilly Reiff hasn't exactly lit up the world up in Detroit.

I agree that even when we took Cody Brown, Rashad Johnson, and other 2-3 round picks that there probably weren't better OL prospects on the board, but we still didn't take guys in the 4th round either. I've soured on Grimm for sure, but I'll still argue that he hasn't been given even adequate linemen to work with.