Milos Vujanic

NastyOne

Suns 4 Life...Probably...Maybe
Reaction score
Anyone know whats the deal with him now?

I havent heard about him since last summer, and then he got injured.

Is he fully healthy now? Does he still not want to play backup if he joins the NBA?

Any updated info on him would be great.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
2 blown out knees, and refuses to come over unless he starts.

no thanks.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
SactownSunsFan said:
What a pompous ass.

Yeah, I remember reading that he claims to be better than Nash, and won't come over because he doesn't want to be his backup.

Better than a two time MVP?! HAHA.

OP
OP
NastyOne

NastyOne

Reaction score
WastedFate said:
Yeah, I remember reading that he claims to be better than Nash, and won't come over because he doesn't want to be his backup.

Better than a two time MVP?! HAHA.

I have never seen an Article saying he was better than Nash.

Last thing i heard was him saying that he believe hes a starter, and he doesnt want to leave europe where hes a starter and a star in his league, to come off the bench in the NBA.

Plus hes making good money in europe, so we would be expecting him to leave his country, make less money and no longer be a starter.

Can't blame him for staying, but he does have to realize that his time to join the NBA is running out.

Either way hes the best PG in europe and we need a backup PG, so D'Antoni needs to fly over there and talk this guy into signing with us and promise him atleast 20mpg as Nash's backup.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
NastyOne said:

Last thing i heard was him saying that he believe hes a starter, and he doesnt want to leave europe where hes a starter and a star in his league, to come off the bench in the NBA.

Plus hes making good money in europe, so we would be expecting him to leave his country, make less money and no longer be a starter.

Can't blame him for staying, but he does have to realize that his time to join the NBA is running out.

Either way hes the best PG in europe and we need a backup PG, so D'Antoni needs to fly over there and talk this guy into signing with us and promise him atleast 20mpg as Nash's backup.

I specifically remember reading that he claimed to be better than Nash, and didnt want to come over to be his backup. I believe that this was when Phoenix signed Nash, though.

OP
OP
NastyOne

NastyOne

Reaction score
WastedFate said:
I specifically remember reading that he claimed to be better than Nash, and didnt want to come over to be his backup. I believe that this was when Phoenix signed Nash, though.

Unless the guy is totally ********, i highly doubt he or anyone else playing in europe would make such a statement.

Some newspaper probably quoted him wrong, or took what he said out of context.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
NastyOne said:
Unless the guy is totally ********, i highly doubt he or anyone else playing in europe would make such a statement.

Some newspaper probably quoted him wrong, or took what he said out of context.

Maybe, or he IS ********. ;)

I was high on him at first, but after the 2 blown out knees and "better than Nash" stuff I basically gave him up. You could be right, though. Maybe it was taken out of context. Who knows.

SactownSunsFan

Welcome to the Age of Ayton
Reaction score
NastyOne said:

If you want to play with the big boys you have to pay your dues. He is being a pompous ass if he thinks he can come over to the biggest, most competitive league in the world and become an instant starter without first proving he's good enough to be a starter in this league.

Nash would :slap: if he came to the Suns with an "I'm better than the 2-time MVP" attitude. (Okay, I admit, I wrote that part in for the animation :D )

Last edited:

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought we were done discussing Vujanic. His NBA career was over when he declined in 2004 and the Suns signed Nash.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
NastyOne said:

He WAS the best pg in europe. Now he's just a big question mark like Jay Williams.

OP
OP
NastyOne

NastyOne

Reaction score
pokerface said:
He WAS the best pg in europe. Now he's just a big question mark like Jay Williams.

A sports related injury makes you a question mark?

Jay Williams suffered many injuries when he was in the motorcycle crash, Vujanic tore his ACL.(Or MCL not 100% sure)

Its not a injury that you can't comeback from.

F-Dog

lurker
Reaction score
Gaddabout said:
I thought we were done discussing Vujanic. His NBA career was over when he declined in 2004 and the Suns signed Nash.

Yup.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
NastyOne said:
A sports related injury makes you a question mark?

Jay Williams suffered many injuries when he was in the motorcycle crash, Vujanic tore his ACL.(Or MCL not 100% sure)

Its not a injury that you can't comeback from.

So he is not a question mark?

OP
OP
NastyOne

NastyOne

Reaction score
Bada0Bing said:
So he is not a question mark?

Not in my opinion

Hes a pointguard, not someone that relies only on athletic ability, so the Knee injury shouldnt be a big thing to comeback from.

And last i heard his agents want him to come to the states, so it might not be long before we see him in a Suns uniform.(Not this year, but maybe in 07/08

Hes still pretty young.

jlove

AZ Born and Bred!!!
Reaction score
NastyOne said:
Not in my opinion

Hes a pointguard, not someone that relies only on athletic ability, so the Knee injury shouldnt be a big thing to comeback from.

And last i heard his agents want him to come to the states, so it might not be long before we see him in a Suns uniform.(Not this year, but maybe in 07/08

Hes still pretty young.

I honestly don't forsee him ever playing in a Suns uniform. He has stated numerous times, that he will not come play in the States unless he is a starter. Therefore, what I would like to see, is use him as trade fodder to a team in need of a starting, or potential, starting PG. I can think of a few teams, such as Atlanta (even with Speedy), Milwaukee (all they really have is Mo Williams and he is said to be tradeable), Cleveland, Houston, Indy, Minny, and Phily.

EDIT----Indy might be a good place for him. A trade of Tinsley to the Suns for the rights to Vujanic and a furutre pick? Rumor has it Tinsley is on the outs there.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
NastyOne said:
Not in my opinion

Hes still pretty young.

He IS a question mark on so many levels...You shouldnt assume anything else until he proves otherwise.

George O'Brien

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He has to play again before he's worth worrrying about.

IF, he returned to complete health, in a couple of years the Suns might make another push. I can see Nash lasting until he's 40 if he comes off the bench. But it is quite another thing to be worthy of starting.

BigBuddy

Reaction score
NastyOne said:
Either way hes the best PG in europe

Wow! Now these are the words that need some serious back up.

Just to mention Papaloukas (GRE, CSKA Moscow, Euroleague Final MVP), Lakovic (SLV, Panathinaikos Athens) and Navarro (ESP, Winthertur Barcelona).

I believe Suns has already dropped Vujanic and they're 100% right about that.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
NastyOne said:
Not in my opinion

:shock: :thud:

PG does not rely on athletic ability? The knee injury shouldn't "be a big thing to comeback from"?

Do you watch the Suns? Nash currently runs around the court like a madman relying on his athletic ability to get guys open shots.

George O'Brien

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Bada0Bing said:
:shock: :thud:

PG does not rely on athletic ability? The knee injury shouldn't "be a big thing to comeback from"?

Do you watch the Suns? Nash currently runs around the court like a madman relying on his athletic ability to get guys open shots.

Nash is not super quick, which is why he relies on picks to get into the lane. Where he differs from most guys is that runs flat out all the time. There are lot guys who CAN run faster than Nash, but most don't choose to.

Back to Vujanic, he was always viewed as scoring point guard who relied heavily on the pick and roll along with other techniques to get in the paint. IMHO, if he's materially slower, he's not going to do much.

F-Dog

lurker
Reaction score
Listen, the foreign players who come to the NBA from Europe really have the desire to do so. They're almost guaranteed to be sacrificing money, status and PT in the move, but they're willing to do it anyway, mainly for the challenge of playing in the toughest league in the world.

In the years since he was drafted, Vujanic has never said a single thing to indicate he has the desire necessary to come over.

His rights weren't worth anything even before his injuries.