Murray to Sit

GeorgiaCard88

Veteran
Reaction score
As much as I want Murray to get reps with his receivers and get in sync- a veteran of that many years should not need the pre-season to catch up to game speed anymore or get comfortable with the playbook.

Hate to say it, but especially in light of the McCarthy injury- sitting him is likely the right choice

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score

BulldogCard

Veteran
Reaction score
MHJ was never going to get a pass thrown to him. He was out on the field for FOUR PLAYS.

Huge Old Man Yells at Cloud energy.

Bills gonna own us in Week 1, because Josh Allen played 8 snaps against Chicago.
Hey you're the big expert on everything...I'm sure you will be right. You can grow old in confidence knowing you are the source on Cardinals and how their practicing habits make them Championship pedigree material. And if Murray finally gets into rhythm by week 4, then we will know you were the big expert.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Andy Reid disagrees with you
And last week they lost, according to their depth chart, their #1 WR for 6-8 weeks. And Mahomes is absolutely build different. The guy came back in record time after a Knee Patella Dislocation.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's Mahomes being Mahomes.

0 Super Bowls in 18 season without Mahomes.
3 Super Bowls in 3 season with Mahomes
That's true

But I am a firm believer in playing the starters so they aren't rusty

So all this sitting for our team when they haven't done anything to deserve it is nuts to me

How many playoff games have we won the last few years?

And yet we are so good we skip opportunities to get game speed reps?

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kyler could just as easily go out for the year week 1

He could, but at least he’d be playing for something

What is the gain here? I find the idea insane that running out for eight snaps of vanilla offense three weeks before the actual season begins is going to have any measurable impact on his success… other than the impact it would have if he took a hit and got injured.

James Connor hasn’t seen the field either, nor has Wilson, as they shouldn’t. IMO, no starters should play at all in the preseason, and playing guys with an injury history is just flat out stupid.

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Andy Reid disagrees with you
Probably be roundly dismissed for this, but for years....and years........ and...... years. Andy Reid was a talented, lovable doofus, who could coach the regular season, but couldn't win when it mattered, in the playoffs.

It went on for seasons, until he was kind of run out on a rail in PHI. Then he struggled with the same in KC, until.... he got that QB dude, and was paired with Taylors guy. Now he can do no wrong. He is the pillar of how things must be done to win the big one. This board was evenly split when we were rumored suitors of his talents upon exiting PHI. "He makes bizarre game time decisions!" was his calling card. "Cost his team the win!"

Others felt differently.

Point being, every season all coaches but one are ultimately losers. Until they aren't. And no one knows what combination of things it was that got them over the top. But the boards light up with conjecture. I'd love to see someone do the deep dive into winning percentages for coaches who play and those that sit their starters for preseason. To me, the bemoaning of the relatively new approach of sitting the entirety of the preseason reeks of serious old man vibes.

I wont do the work, because I watch football to be entertained, and I read this board to be entertained (Its very entertaining, Ill tell you that!). I don't care enough to actually do that work. But I just thought Id point out, in my own inconsequential way, that everybody has a different approach to how to summit mount Lombardi. But its very frustrating to read and re read the lamentations of our way being different that the most recent mountaineer to reach the pinnacle, when for most of his career, he didn't have the Sherpa to get him there, and was roundly dismissed as not being able to do it on his own. Now, his way is the only way to get there?

Laughable.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sparky