My take on Robyn Lopez

Makeplays

Rookie
Reaction score
Ok guys what's up with Robyn Lopez? Have you ever seen this guy stand upright on defense? I mean this guy is giving up 8 inches because he's always jackknifed stalking the paint. He gets a block here and there. But overall, he gets beat like a snare drum on that DVD that's always playing at the Home Theater section of best buy.

But I can tell you right now. I'm calling the shot. He's a bust. He is timid and has the scoring prowess of a Mike Shmrek in his latter years (yeah I just aged myself.) This guy is a bust.

Comments?

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
When you're being coached by a "big man's coach" that isn't really a big man, what do you expect?

OP
OP
M

Makeplays

Rookie
Reaction score
When you're being coached by a "big man's coach" that isn't really a big man, what do you expect?

I feel ya ..... I would really trade Robyn before Amare. I don't know how they could even see the future in Lopez.

The Commish

youknowhatimsayin?
Reaction score
Hated the pick from the start, and I still do. He's the type of guy you find via free agency or in the second round (not in the teens). It's alright though, I'm sure Dragic will be a future All-Star. FYI - it's Robin. :bang:

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

Makeplays

Rookie
Reaction score
Hated the pick from the start, and I still do. He's the type of guy you find via free agency or in the second round. FYI - it's Robin.

I know lol, I'm being an arse ala Jim Rome calling Jim Everett "Chris"

sorry guys

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I feel ya ..... I would really trade Robyn before Amare. I don't know how they could even see the future in Lopez.

Amare has trade value and a large contract. Also his play this season has been uninspired. That's why Amare is a candidate to be traded.

Robin does not have trade value but he is only age 19 and he is on a rookie contract... which makes him cheap. Since the Suns would not get any value for Lopez in a trade, the Suns can sit him on the end of the bench and see if he develops over the next couple of seasons.

OP
OP
M

Makeplays

Rookie
Reaction score
Amare has trade value and a large contract. Also his play this season has been uninspired. That's why Amare is a candidate to be traded.

Robin does not have trade value but he is only age 19 and he is on a rookie contract... which makes him cheap. Since the Suns would not get any value for Lopez in a trade, the Suns can sit him on the end of the bench and see if he develops over the next couple of seasons.

That's reality. I know. But what I waste of bench space. Who's draft call was that?

Sean Marks where are you man? He would do a lot better.

jlove

AZ Born and Bred!!!
Reaction score
Bill Cartwright is the current Suns big man coach. The Suns need to bring back Mike Iavaroni to coach him.

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Ok guys what's up with Robyn Lopez? Have you ever seen this guy stand upright on defense? I mean this guy is giving up 8 inches because he's always jackknifed stalking the paint. He gets a block here and there. But overall, he gets beat like a snare drum on that DVD that's always playing at the Home Theater section of best buy.

But I can tell you right now. I'm calling the shot. He's a bust. He is timid and has the scoring prowess of a Mike Shmrek in his latter years (yeah I just aged myself.) This guy is a bust.

Comments?
I'm glad i'm not the only one who's noticed this. He does the same thing when he goes to make his move offensively too. He makes himself 6 feet tall in the paint. Bending the knees for leverage and to feel the defender in the post is par for the course but this guy is taking his 7' tall court vision away and playing completely off balance.
LOL @ the Shmrek reference.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What kills me about the stupidity of this pick was that pre-draft word on him was that he would underachieved on the boards. We already had an underachieving big man in Amare. What GM in their right mind would draft another front court big man with similar issues and say "that's our future"???

Maybe Kerr thought we were going to draft or bring in the best, PG, SG, SF rebounding tandem in the NBA at a later date to make up for it. :bang:

OP
OP
M

Makeplays

Rookie
Reaction score
What kills me about the stupidity of this pick was that pre-draft word on him was that he would underachieved on the boards. We already had an underachieving big man in Amare. What GM in their right mind would draft another front court big man with similar issues and say "that's our future"???

Maybe Kerr thought we were going to draft or bring in the best, PG, SG, SF rebounding tandem in the NBA at a later date to make up for it. :bang:

I thought he might pan out because I liked the philosophy of having 4 or 5 bigs in the stable ala SA Spurs. But Robin is spooked. Too much stage fright on the big stage and he does not want to be a difference maker. I also think Tucker lacks confidence too.

Shzm13

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Look at his brother.. They were born 10 mins apart. Are pretty much physical clones.. Only Brook is better because he has a MAN's haircut and not this catastrophe Robin calls a hairstyle.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Look at his brother.. They were born 10 mins apart. Are pretty much physical clones.. Only Brook is better because he has a MAN's haircut and not this catastrophe Robin calls a hairstyle.

Identical twins are NEVER identical.