Nash is Out of Gas

TucsonDevil

Good to be back!
Reaction score
Hoopy Dunkalot said:
This is why Cuban didn't pay him the long contract. They knew that in a few seasons time he would be hurtin bad. Plus, he fades about now. GL.

This is the same idiotic comment made by Bickley and MJ this morning on the radio... if you agree with comments made by tweetle D and tweetle Dumb, you are dim upstairs.

Besides, didn't he just win his second MVP trophy? He has to be doing something right...

Nash

Reaction score
Dirk is younger and has had a series of ankle problems because of his running style. I think he will be back pretty strong.

Man, I hate to see Nash struggle like this. He clearly looks like a shadow of his former self. The past few games he's looked jaded and has lost that spring in his step. If only that friggin' Eddie House knew to play a little bit! He's such a waste.

We need to pick up a solid point guard to protect Nash next season so that he won't have to toil during the regular season and will be raring to go full force in the playoffs.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hoopy Dunkalot said:
Plus, he fades about now. GL.

like he did last year when he knocked your tissue-paper soft asses out of the playoffs last year while averaging a gagillion points?

Get your smack talk in now... you know... when we're playing with 3/5s of our starting lineup, cause next year we're going to own you guys, just like we always have (hell, we even owned you guys this season, kicking your ass the last two games and blowing a 17 point lead in the first).

jibikao

Reaction score
Nash said:
Dirk is younger and has had a series of ankle problems because of his running style. I think he will be back pretty strong.

Man, I hate to see Nash struggle like this. He clearly looks like a shadow of his former self. The past few games he's looked jaded and has lost that spring in his step. If only that friggin' Eddie House knew to play a little bit! He's such a waste.

We need to pick up a solid point guard to protect Nash next season so that he won't have to toil during the regular season and will be raring to go full force in the playoffs.

I have to say House is the biggest surprise this post-season so far. He just hasn't contributed much at all. I was hoping we can see the good ole' House on fire in some games. Haven't seen that at all. :( If he can shoot the lights out, he'll certainly break down the defense for other guys and buy more time for Nash to rest.

Djaughe

Reaction score
goldseraph said:
...Is there anything we can do to revitalize Steve, or has our lack of depth finally caught up with us?

Didn't Nash get his ankle stepped on in the first game of this series by Marion?

I've only been watching the Suns during this playoff run and he defiantly looks like he can't shift to the next gear.

Granted though the clippers are constantly positioning 2 guys in his direction...so it really leaves little excuse why the other suns players aren't finishing stronger to the basket.

I think I'm more frustrated that diaw and barbosa aren't driving into the basket paint to draw fouls.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
It's pretty simple, if our guys were hitting their wide open shots, we'd be fine. Nash would be fine. As it is, since nobody can hit jumpshots right now, the Clippers can afford to throw two defenders at Nash. Like I said before, he's passing great, but nobody on the team is finishing.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
TucsonDevil said:
This is the same idiotic comment made by Bickley and MJ this morning on the radio... if you agree with comments made by tweetle D and tweetle Dumb, you are dim upstairs.

Besides, didn't he just win his second MVP trophy? He has to be doing something right...

i have to admit, this is why i was so upset at the signing originally. now he's outperformed my expectations. and i don't think he's done. but if we don't find him adequate backup, i think this is the slowed-down steve nash we'll see in the playoffs for years unfortunately. i know we won't keep both of our firsts in this coming draft, but i think we should and we should draft pgs exclusively and hope one of the two can become an adequate backup.

nowagimp

Reaction score
Djaughe said:
Didn't Nash get his ankle stepped on in the first game of this series by Marion?

That injury occurred in the last laker game, after the outcome was decided. Nash has not looked good off the dribble since. I think it took the clips that first game to see it and adjust. Nash has not been quick off the dribble and Barbs has had difficulty finding penetration lanes. The poor outside shooting of other suns like Barbs, JR, Marion is making the situation worse as the defense collapses. But the clips are contesting the 3's of Bell and Thomas. Nash just looks uncomfortable on the jumpshot. He has had open 3's and turned them down on a clooapsed defense, it makes no sense unless he is injured. When asked about Nashs ankle D'Antoni says "you'll have to ask him about that". Nash says he's OK, more or less. I'm not quite sure what that means, but he doesnt seem to have the hops to get his fadeaway in the lane area off anymore. Playing him 40mins/game never was a great option even when he was fully healthy.

Nash

Reaction score
I think it has to do with Mobley's cross. That cross sign he makes calling out to Hesoos every time he gets in the game could actually be some kind of voodoo the Clippers have setup to work against Nash.

Those bloody aliens. The Nash we've seen of late has been affected by some paranormal happening from the Andromedian and the neandrethal.

nowagimp

Reaction score
Nash said:
I think it has to do with Mobley's cross. That cross sign he makes calling out to Hesoos every time he gets in the game could actually be some kind of voodoo the Clippers have setup to work against Nash.

Those bloody aliens. The Nash we've seen of late has been affected by some paranormal happening from the Andromedian and the neandrethal.

Yeah, but is Mobleys voodoo anywhere near as potent as Jack Nicholsons??

jibikao

Reaction score
Chaplin said:
It's pretty simple, if our guys were hitting their wide open shots, we'd be fine. Nash would be fine. As it is, since nobody can hit jumpshots right now, the Clippers can afford to throw two defenders at Nash. Like I said before, he's passing great, but nobody on the team is finishing.

Did we get a lot of open looks for the past 2 games? I figure if they want to double team Nash, somebody must be open. We rotate the ball really well as a team so double teaming Nash shouldn't work that well unless we keep missing easy shots... I think.

nowagimp

Reaction score
jibikao said:
Did we get a lot of open looks for the past 2 games? I figure if they want to double team Nash, somebody must be open. We rotate the ball really well as a team so double teaming Nash shouldn't work that well unless we keep missing easy shots... I think.

Bell and Tim Thomas have seen perimeter defense, but Diaw, Marion, JR, Barbs have not seen much. The clips are going under the screen on Barbs frequently, letting him shoot. Marion sits out at the 3 pt line with his defender just outside the lane, clogging it. They let Diaw shoot(go under the screen) from 17 ft, and he's making some of them, but he has less room driving to the hoop. Nash is 0-8 from 3 in the last 3 games, and most of those were open shots.

Nash

Reaction score
nowagimp said:
Yeah, but is Mobleys voodoo anywhere near as potent as Jack Nicholsons??
You bring up a very interesting point. Clearly Jack Nicholson's evil presence is what made that series 7 games long. It is what forced 5 wins from us just to get to the second round. But the one game where he did that really cheap trick wiggling his fingers a la 'whoever's the wickedest in Harry Potter' at our players when they were playing near the sideline his trick didnt work. IIRC we won that game. Thereafter, I guess good prevailed over the evil.

We need things working our way now. For one, cheesebeef - if you are the man you claim to be , start rubbishing Marion in the most slanderous way and if possible , get it out in the media by tomorrow morning. We really need that. Cheese is the only weapon we got.

We've stunk at the 3 point line real bad for 2 games in a row now. This has got to stop somehow. Tim T had so many open shots but they all hit nothin' but rim. With Nash struggling with his back, its up to Raja, Barbo and Tim to make the 3's. Only that can save us. Brand needs to lose his shot. He's becoming more like Nowitzki with his 7 foot jumpers.

Djaughe

Reaction score
Does anyone have a pic of Jack Nicholson's voodoo finger wave?

Redmark

Registered
Reaction score
Dumb Questions

Who is JR? I know of James Jones but can't think of a player with those initials.

Also, what does IIRC stand for?

Thanks friends

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Redmark said:
Who is JR? I know of James Jones but can't think of a player with those initials.

Also, what does IIRC stand for?

Thanks friends

JR is James Jones.

IIRC = If I Recall Correctly

jibikao

Reaction score
nowagimp said:
Bell and Tim Thomas have seen perimeter defense, but Diaw, Marion, JR, Barbs have not seen much. The clips are going under the screen on Barbs frequently, letting him shoot. Marion sits out at the 3 pt line with his defender just outside the lane, clogging it. They let Diaw shoot(go under the screen) from 17 ft, and he's making some of them, but he has less room driving to the hoop. Nash is 0-8 from 3 in the last 3 games, and most of those were open shots.

Man, 0/8 3pt. What's wrong? Age caught up in him?

Well, we are known for being a 3pt shooting team. If they invite us to shoot, we should take advantage of that. Barbosa hasn't shot 3pt that well in the playoffs too. :( Maybe House will bring the house down in game 5 at home?

Djaughe

Reaction score
jibikao said:
... Maybe House will bring the house down in game 5 at home?

While I'm all fer House to bust out and have a great game...we're surely not at that point to hope that we need that scenario fer a game 5 win.

jibikao

Reaction score
Djaughe said:
While I'm all fer House to bust out and have a great game...we're surely not at that point to hope that we need that scenario fer a game 5 win.

Hey, if we can come back from 1-3, I think it's possible. If Clipper's defense is to collaps on Nash, put House in to spread the defense. When House is in, every team knows they need to put a tight body on him. I think House is waiting for one game to get back to his regular season form.

Djaughe

Reaction score
jibikao said:
Hey, if we can come back from 1-3, I think it's possible. If Clipper's defense is to collaps on Nash, put House in to spread the defense. When House is in, every team knows they need to put a tight body on him. I think House is waiting for one game to get back to his regular season form.

Just curious what lineup are you considering?

Being from ASU - I like House alot...but to me frankly he's given the coach too short of a leash to trust in this round of playoffs and another player to post up.

Reaction score
cheesebeef said:
like he did last year when he knocked your tissue-paper soft asses out of the playoffs last year while averaging a gagillion points?

Get your smack talk in now... you know... when we're playing with 3/5s of our starting lineup, cause next year we're going to own you guys, just like we always have (hell, we even owned you guys this season, kicking your ass the last two games and blowing a 17 point lead in the first).

Get a new line. We're one of the better D teams in the L.

Live in the now btw. I HOPE WE GET TO PLAY YOU GUYS...we're gonna mop the floor with you.

DAMN PROUD TO BE A MAVS TROLL!!!!

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Hoopy Dunkalot said:

Live in the now btw. I HOPE WE GET TO PLAY YOU GUYS...we're gonna mop the floor with you.

Hoopy Dunkalot. You chose to name yourself Hoopy Dunkalot. Think about that...

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hoopy Dunkalot said:

you guys are nothing more than the circa 1988-90 Suns with Dirk as the German Tom Chambers. One of the better D teams in the league? You're tissue paper-soft and you know it. Just 'cause Avery slowed the tempo doesn't make you a better defense and anyone who knows basketball knows that.

And you might as well get your trash talk in now, take as much pleasure in being able to beat a squad with 2/5s of our starting lineup out (hell, if either team EVEN GETS THERE), because it won't last long. Injured players can get healthy, but soft is always soft... so like I said, enjoy it while it lasts.

As far as living in the now, you're the one who brought up the past moron, calling out Nash, I just merely pointed out that he kicked your ass last year - sorry if that one still stings. And besides two bad games, the guy is STILL the MVP (you know - THIS YEAR) and has been great for the rest of the playoffs.

Nash 2x MVP

Reaction score
#45 jibikao vbmenu_register("postmenu_996538", true);

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djaughe

If you have nash and house on the floor at the same time.. Might as well give them the win because they will kill house in the defensive end...