NBA All-Star Weekend thread

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Dirk was horrible in the 4th.....he basically won the game for the East (falls apart under pressure again). Brandon Roy didn't help much either letting Ray Allen get wide open for those 3's.

BeeBeard

Throw some Bees on that.
Reaction score
yes they are.

i only watched a few minutes of the game, but i can barely tell the east and west apart if i see the the light parts together.

I think Allen Iverson thought the same thing. He had 6 turnovers at the half. ;)

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Amare hit a nice looking 3 in the 1st quarter. I bet with the addition of Shaq, Amare will be called upon to shoot more of those

Andrew

flamboyantly righteous!
Reaction score
As usual, it wasn't that much to see until the last 5 minutes.

Can't explain it, it just seemed dry out there. Last year was more entertaining, you had Shaq playing point and throwing up a 3 brick and kissing McGrady after a dunk...

Anyways, the break is over...time to get back to business.

cly2tw

Reaction score
No doubt now that Paul is the best PG in the league. He, Amare, and Roy almost won the game in the 4th for the West. But Ray Allen, LBJ, Wade went crazy in the last couple min. to save it for the East. Very good game in the 4th.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yes they are.

i only watched a few minutes of the game, but i can barely tell the east and west apart if i see the the light parts together.

It's like there are three teams on the court...the gold, the blue and the white. And the white team has a crapload of players.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
it was fitting that the game was put out of reach on a Wade 3-pt play with a phantom foul call.

Kody Rumin

Registered
Reaction score
Anyone when All Star tickets are on sale or how much they cost? I want to go to the All Star game next year.

I checked ticket prices to this one in New Orleans a few months ago, and the cheapest ticket was $500. I don't know if they are any cheaper when they first go on sale, but I'd expect them to be about that much.

Which sucks, because I would love to go next year in Phoenix. I might pay $150-200 for an All-Star ticket, but I don't have the budget to go over that.

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
yes they are.

the worst part is, you have one team with their back to the basket, the other team with their fronts to the basket, which aligns the colors either white/dark on both ends of the court. Flippin brilliant move, NBA.

supernova

Rookie
Reaction score
No doubt now that Paul is the best PG in the league. He, Amare, and Roy almost won the game in the 4th for the West. But Ray Allen, LBJ, Wade went crazy in the last couple min. to save it for the East. Very good game in the 4th.

Paul totally choked down the stretch. If Nash had been given his proper minutes the west probably would have won. Paul has worshiped Nash for years and studied all his game tapes, but the MVP is the MVP. It was shameful of Byron to play Paul such extreme minutes while leaving (by far) the best pg in the game on the bench.

jandaman

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
the jerseys design point of view and looks... its nice.

but the back of the east and front of the west is wrong... white?

red and gold... for west

blue and white.. for east

would of been easier..

and Iverson looked lost... hehe.. he use to playing with east guys.

scoutmasterdave

Board Certified Suns Fan
Reaction score
Allen Iverson was absolutely terrible. Of course, he shouldn't have even been an All-Star, much less a starter. Fan voting is lame.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunchaser