NBA Finals Boston vs Dallas (poll)

Who will be Champions?

• Total voters

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Every team can use a Holiday. He’s likely going to be a HOFer. Getting one of those guys is easier said than done.

His parents hit the lottery, they have THREE sons in the NBA.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Luka is really bad defensively. He can't stay in front of anybody unless they are slow. I noticed that the Mavs like to keep a guy ready to rotate to Luka's guy pretty often. Reminds me of when the Suns used to try and hide Nash defensively.

He was listed as injured before game 2 and he does appear a bit slower than his normal slow self but yes his defense is really being exposed in this series. There's nobody for him to hide on.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He was listed as injured before game 2 and he does appear a bit slower than his normal slow self but yes his defense is really being exposed in this series. There's nobody for him to hide on.

I think he's more injured than he's leading on, he's definitely slower this series. A few times I thought it was more his injured leg that didn't allow him to get through while attacking where he just had no choice but to throw the ball back out which resulted in turnovers. That was something very uncharacteristic of Luka. And he doesn't have as much "lift" on his fadeaways, he's pretty much still on the ground while taking those.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I think he's more injured than he's leading on, he's definitely slower this series. A few times I thought it was more his injured leg that didn't allow him to get through while attacking where he just had no choice but to throw the ball back out which resulted in turnovers. That was something very uncharacteristic of Luka. And he doesn't have as much "lift" on his fadeaways, he's pretty much still on the ground while taking those.
dallas morning news reported that he had to have a pain injection before the game. I think it was for a chest injury that he suffered in game 1. so it might explain why he was avoiding contact at times.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
It's what losing teams say to justify a 0-2 hole.
dallas has been on both ends of that multiple times in the last 20 years and have seen the series won by the team down 0-2. this would be the most unbelievable one of them all. but there is reason for hope when you have 2 of the greatest offensive players in the league. we are going to see what doncic and Irving are made of. both Luka and Irving have already been involved with big come from behind series wins. Irving did it against GS in the finals down 1-3 IIRC. but if dallas loses game 3 I will concede.

Last edited:

Lorenzo

Reaction score
KP has a "rare" injury in his leg. and is day to day. I would be surprised if he plays.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
KP has a "rare" injury in his leg. and is day to day. I would be surprised if he plays.

They'd be smart to let him rest. He'll travel with the team still but don't play him until you go back to Boston. Either they come back 3-1 and he's their victory cigar or they need him and it's 2-2.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
dallas has been on both ends of that multiple times in the last 20 years and have seen the series won by the team down 0-2. this would be the most unbelievable one of them all. but there is reason for hope when you have 2 of the greatest offensive players in the league. we are going to see what doncic and Irving are made of. both Luka and Irving have already been involved with big come from behind series wins. Irving did it against GS in the finals down 1-3 IIRC. but if dallas loses game 3 I will concede.

The playoff series is the best of 7 games for a reason. Anything can happen.

There can be an injury or a coach can find another team's Achilles heel.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The playoff series is the best of 7 games for a reason. Anything can happen.

There can be an injury or a coach can find another team's Achilles heel.
Anything can happen but it would take something catastrophic. There is a reason teams rarely comeback from 2-0 in the finals. Winning 4/5 of these last games is a very tall order.

Personally I want to see smug ass crybaby Luka get swept.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anything can happen but it would take something catastrophic. There is a reason teams rarely comeback from 2-0 in the finals. Winning 4/5 of these last games is a very tall order.

I don't want to see the Mavericks win a second title, but otherwise, I have no love for the Celtics.

Lorenzo

Reaction score

the first thing that has to happen is dallas has to win tonight. I don't think it's rocket science, dallas need to make the shots that they missed in boston and protect the ball.

then there is KP. if he doesn't play that should help dallas. he made an impact at both ends of the court in the first 2 games. If dallas find a way to win tonight and KP doesn't play, that will be a talking point.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
the first thing that has to happen is dallas has to win tonight. I don't think it's rocket science, dallas need to make the shots that they missed in boston and protect the ball.

then there is KP. if he doesn't play that should help dallas. he made an impact at both ends of the court in the first 2 games. If dallas find a way to win tonight and KP doesn't play, that will be a talking point.

I really think KP doesn't move the needle one way or the other whether he's in or out.

I dislike both teams but the last thing I wanted to see in the
NBA Finals is a sweep.... Disappointing way to end the season

For sure, perhaps the west didn't put their best team forward? Or is Boston just that good? I think the Luka being hurt is half of it.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stbmd