NBA Finals Boston vs Dallas (poll)

Who will be Champions?

• Total voters

Lorenzo

Reaction score
well it's going to be up to Irving to lead this one down the stretch. I am worried dallas is out of steam.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
doncic can't do that with 5 fouls. has to be more poised than that. let him blow by you.
Yup. That was stupid.

They had their chances but Luka and Kyrie missing two close ones to cut it to 1 were killers.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Brown has become such a great all around player.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
valiant effort by dallas, Boston are just too good. kind of a wheels off game for both teams at the end. the refs are just doing whatever they want. obvious foul there on Hardaway Jr. he can't make a shot to save his life anyway.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
valiant effort by dallas, Boston are just too good. kind of a wheels off game for both teams at the end. the refs are just doing whatever they want. obvious foul there on Hardaway Jr. he can't make a shot to save his life anyway.
Well, I think the Celtics are the better team. It felt like a dirty win.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I like Jalen Brown, what a player. and good effort by Tatum today. he stepped up big time. credit where credit is due. the two best guys stepped up down the stretch and doncic was on the bench for taking a dumb foul. I don't blame doncic for the loss. he does have some maturing to do.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
dallas still hasn't hit 100 in a game this series.

That's crazy. Would have hit it tonight had Luka not fouled out. Ultimately I think it didn't hurt them that bad since their defense was stronger with him on the bench. Boston was having to work harder for shots that weren't as good.

Offensively he could have helped but the Celtics seemed so focused on Kyrie they gave up some good looks to others, like that Lively dunk.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Well, I think the Celtics are the better team. It felt like a dirty win.
they are much better overall. their one-two punch of Tatum and Brown cancels out doncic and Irving through the first 3 games and the rest of the Celtics are making big time shots. dallas waited until they were down by 21 to play like a desperate team. if you have that effort in you why not play like that throughout the game?

Lorenzo

Reaction score
That's crazy. Would have hit it tonight had Luka not fouled out. Ultimately I think it didn't hurt them that bad since their defense was stronger with him on the bench. Boston was having to work harder for shots that weren't as good.

Offensively he could have helped but the Celtics seemed so focused on Kyrie they gave up some good looks to others, like that Lively dunk.
I don't agree with that. Luka was on the court for most of the run where they shrunk the lead down. I thought dallas got a little smaller across their defense when doncic went out and clearly their offense suffered.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
with that said though, I think Luka was out of gas. that was a lazy foul that he took and it was most likely a mental lapse from fatigue.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I also hate the timeout that Kidd took at 5:25. he cooled his own guys down.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I like Jalen Brown, what a player. and good effort by Tatum today. he stepped up big time. credit where credit is due. the two best guys stepped up down the stretch and doncic was on the bench for taking a dumb foul. I don't blame doncic for the loss. he does have some maturing to do.

Jaylen is likely the MVP. He's been big. Dallas has played Tatum hard, perhaps too hard, and it's allowed Jaylen and others to step up since Jayson is just dishing it away instead of forcing it like he has in the past.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Am I the only one who thinks Luka is going to eat and drink himself out of the league? Just like Derrick Coleman did.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Am I the only one who thinks Luka is going to eat and drink himself out of the league? Just like Derrick Coleman did.
no others have said that. for all of the hyper focus on doncic's defensive woes, dallas was +9 with doncic on the court. Boston killed dallas when doncic was off the court. it's easy to focus on the end of the game, but dallas also had a bad stretch at the end of the first quarter with doncic on the bench.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Jaylen is likely the MVP. He's been big. Dallas has played Tatum hard, perhaps too hard, and it's allowed Jaylen and others to step up since Jayson is just dishing it away instead of forcing it like he has in the past.

They're a complete team, destroying this playoffs with a deep roster of guys who fit together.

On a given night any one of 4 or 5 guys could be their best player.

What a steal Derrick white was for them. When they first made that deal I was confused... they already had a defensive guard who really struggled to shoot in Smart. But White is quite a bit better than Smart at pretty much everything and plays with a much cooler head.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stbmd