NBA Finals Boston vs Dallas (poll)

Who will be Champions?

• Total voters

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I really think KP doesn't move the needle one way or the other whether he's in or out.

For sure, perhaps the west didn't put their best team forward? Or is Boston just that good? I think the Luka being hurt is half of it.
KP moved the needle in game 1 for sure. he was the reason they got out to that huge lead. I'd have to say he was the top player in that game for what he did at both ends of the court. he was less of an impact in game 2 especially as it went into the 2nd half. the thing with KP is that you can never rely on him to be there for the long haul. dallas definitely would prefer him to not be on the court.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I really think KP doesn't move the needle one way or the other whether he's in or out.

For sure, perhaps the west didn't put their best team forward? Or is Boston just that good? I think the Luka being hurt is half of it.

They are a hole other animal when he is healthy, especially on defense.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Irving was on that Cavs team. they were also down 3-1 in that series. It's hard to imagine a more improbable comeback than that one given that GS had won 73 games that year in the reg season.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Good lord, Luka gets caught sleeping on defense nonstop.

You’d think last game would’ve embarrassed him into showing a little more hustle on that end.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Luka doesn't block out Jrue, o rebound layup, and then Luka turns and complains to the only teammate anywhere near the play as if Washington should have blocked out Luka's man AND got the rebound.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Luka doesn't block out Jrue, o rebound layup, and then Luka turns and complains to the only teammate anywhere near the play as if Washington should have blocked out Luka's man AND got the rebound.
what about the play where Luka was hacked by J-rue and they reverse the call out on Luka? that was the inverse of the K. Irving play that a lot of people complained about in the Minnesota series.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Washington needs to shoot the ball. no 3 attempt there leads to a turnover and a layup at the other end!

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Man… role players playing the role of Casper The Ghost again for the Mavs.
they need to shoot the ball. a missed shot is better than a turnover.

edit: Washington with only 1 point has got to be more aggressive. either he, jones, Kleber, or Hardaway Jr. have to hit some 3's. it can't be Irving and doncic doing everything.

Last edited:

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Good lord, Luka gets caught sleeping on defense nonstop.

You’d think last game would’ve embarrassed him into showing a little more hustle on that end.
yeah it goes both ways. he's been putting Tatum on skates as well. I think a lot of it is Boston's ability to move off the ball and get all 5 guys involved. dallas is so concerned with rotating to the 3 point line and Boston are taking advantage.

Doncic has to be more aggressive on defense and not get caught standing in space like he did on that easy layup that I assume you are talking about. I like the foul that he took on Tatum in the corner, where it looked like Tatum pushed off. but it prevented Tatum from shooting a 3. if the refs are not going to give doncic the fouls on the offensive end, then doncic has to go hack them on the other end.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This has been the worst game by the officials so far. Amazing some of the blatant obvious fouls they have missed. Both ways.

Competitive but Boston is a hot streak of 2 or 3 3s away from taking total command.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
yeah it goes both ways. he's been putting Tatum on skates as well. I think a lot of it is Boston's ability to move off the ball and get all 5 guys involved. dallas is so concerned with rotating to the 3 point line and Boston are taking advantage.

Doncic has to be more aggressive on defense and not get caught standing in space like he did on that easy layup that I assume you are talking about. I like the foul that he took on Tatum in the corner, where it looked like Tatum pushed off. but it prevented Tatum from shooting a 3. if the refs are not going to give doncic the fouls on the offensive end, then doncic has to go hack them on the other end.

Tatum getting beat by great offense is one thing. Luka isn't getting roasted by guys busting out some move on him, mostly guys just blow right by him, when it's off the ball, they cut to the rim while he stands flat footed, ball watching, if Luka is tasked to close out on a shooter he rarely makes any effort.

He's a great great player, no question, but his defensive lapses are killing Dallas.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I forgot the Celtics added Tillman, he was a Grizzly and came over in the Porzingis deal that sent out Marcus Smart.

I'm envious of their depth. They spent wisely despite being a second apron team. They are top heavy with Jaylen and Jayson's deals but they've surrounded them with great role players. Horford, White, Porzingis and Holiday as starters, 2 younger and 2 older. Then they have Hauser, Tillman, and Pritchard as fringe rotation players there that would be in the top 6-7 on most other teams.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This has been the worst game by the officials so far. Amazing some of the blatant obvious fouls they have missed. Both ways.

Competitive but Boston is a hot streak of 2 or 3 3s away from taking total command.

The officiating has been really bad.

And yeah, Boston, all series, has struggled to hit open threes. These games could have have been routs.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I forgot the Celtics added Tillman, he was a Grizzly and came over in the Porzingis deal that sent out Marcus Smart.

I'm envious of their depth. They spent wisely despite being a second apron team. They are top heavy with Jaylen and Jayson's deals but they've surrounded them with great role players. Horford, White, Porzingis and Holiday as starters, 2 younger and 2 older. Then they have Hauser, Tillman, and Pritchard as fringe rotation players there that would be in the top 6-7 on most other teams.

My bad, I thought he came over in the Smart deal but he was acquired at the deadline for a pair of 2nd rounders. Boston had a trade exception. He's not making much, $1.9m so another cheap player who we could have had, if JJ was a competent GM.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
it looks over.

It was competitive throughout the first half. No one pulling away and then Boston's bench just rallied in the 3rd.

As important as stars are, you need role players to step up to win. Boston has had that, Dallas hasn't. Dallas had Washington, Gafford, and Lively all step up in their way to the finals but it seems Boston took note and has done everything to keep that from continuing.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Tatum getting beat by great offense is one thing. Luka isn't getting roasted by guys busting out some move on him, mostly guys just blow right by him, when it's off the ball, they cut to the rim while he stands flat footed, ball watching, if Luka is tasked to close out on a shooter he rarely makes any effort.

He's a great great player, no question, but his defensive lapses are killing Dallas.
I agree and its not just doncic playing poorly on defense. there are others. and some of it is the way Boston are moving the ball with one touch passing. then you look at the dallas end and every basket is tough for dallas.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

There is your hot streak... woof.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
It was competitive throughout the first half. No one pulling away and then Boston's bench just rallied in the 3rd.

As important as stars are, you need role players to step up to win. Boston has had that, Dallas hasn't. Dallas had Washington, Gafford, and Lively all step up in their way to the finals but it seems Boston took note and has done everything to keep that from continuing.
Boston are doing it all. their one touch passing is amazing. it reminds me of Fc Barcelona from the Messi days lol.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
this series is over. it was over from the start. dallas are no match for this Celtics team. I thought dallas would win 2 games in the series.