NBA Finals Boston vs Dallas (poll)

Who will be Champions?

• Total voters

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I agree and its not just doncic playing poorly on defense. there are others. and some of it is the way Boston are moving the ball with one touch passing. then you look at the dallas end and every basket is tough for dallas.

Yeah, I enjoy watching Luka get beat but it's not his defense costing Dallas this game or the series. Boston just swings the ball like the Duncan era Spurs did, just jetting it all over the court. Everyone gets a touch and it leads to a good to great look.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I agree and its not just doncic playing poorly on defense. there are others. and some of it is the way Boston are moving the ball with one touch passing. then you look at the dallas end and every basket is tough for dallas.

Boston is simply really well built team. They don't have to throw double teams at hardly any player in the league, everyone who sees regular minutes can shoot.

They're a monster. I don't know who was going to beat them... I think Denver would have been their toughest matchup, but the Nuggets had their bizarre meltdown.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Boston is simply really well built team. They don't have to throw double teams at hardly at player in the league, everyone who sees regular minutes can shoot.

They're a monster. I don't know who was going to beat them... I think Denver would have been their toughest matchup, but the Nuggets had their bizarre meltdown.
I don't think Murray was 100% himself.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Boston is simply really well built team. They don't have to throw double teams at hardly at player in the league, everyone who sees regular minutes can shoot.

I think Minnesota would have been a better fight. Their size might give Boston problems. KAT would crumble though. He seemed to wilt with the pressure of the WCF, the finals would have broken him Nick Anderson style.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score

They lose somebody as good as Porzingis and it's like it doesn't even matter

But wait! Here come the MAVS!!!! Watch out!

Lorenzo

Reaction score
ahh nice to see Steve Nash and former AZ running back E. Smith cheering for dallas. I'll take the moral victory.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
No Porzingis, no problem, huh?

Pretty terrible Finals from an entertainment standpoint.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Minnesota would have been a better fight. Their size might give Boston problems. KAT would crumble though. He seemed to wilt with the pressure of the WCF, the finals would have broken him Nick Anderson style.
The only team I thought had a shot was Denver. That is why once they went out I said "It is just sitting there for the Celtics". And, if they don't take it this year, this group might not do it. It's lined up perfect for them.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I think they'd have smoked the Wolves. Dallas beat Minnesota because of their ability to spread the court and Towns and Gobert's inability to defend on the outside. Boston is significantly better at those aspects. They also have some of the best defensive guards in the league.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
matchups are everything. you never know what Minnesota would have put up vs. Boston. goebert and doncic favors dallas because of the pick and roll defense that he can't defend. I also think Minnesota were out of gas, particularly Edwards after that tough series vs. Denver.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Boston is simply really well built team. They don't have to throw double teams at hardly any player in the league, everyone who sees regular minutes can shoot.

Blowing a 20 point 2nd half lead in a home Game 7 to the T-Pups was definitely one of the most bizarre moments in recent NBA history.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Looks like we, and seemingly the Celtics, counted their chickens too soon.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Last gasp charge by Dallas…

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Surprised Kidd took that timeout there.

Also, how was Luka’s body block on Brown not a foul?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stbmd