NBA Finals Boston vs Dallas (poll)

Who will be Champions?

• Total voters

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Mavs in 6.

Celtics have had the easiest path, and will be shell shocked tomorrow as they lose game 1. Luka as the #1 guy has had a few days to get healed up. I'll even predict(guess) each game winner.

Game 1 - Mavs
Game 2 - Celtics
Game 3 - Mavs
Game 4 - Mavs
Game 5 - Celtics
Game 6 - Mavs

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Dont forget our Avatar bet, @BirdGangThing We sticking to July 10th as the end date?

I'm thinking Celtics in 5. Longer the series goes, better chance for a Dallas upset. I can't it see going 7 though. I want to see Luka pout. I quite like the "stars" on the Celtics also, Jaylen and Jayson as well as Jrue. Horford has been at it a long time also and seeing him win a chip would be cool.

I think Boston can handle Kyrie, or more accurately Jrue can. Derrick White is no slouch either. Then they have Jaylen and Jayson to play physical with Luka on both ends. Horford and Lively are a push, of sorts. Celtics will need Porzingis back to dominate. No one on the Mavericks can guard him. He's the ultimate mismatch and he also covers a ton of ground on defense, which will keep Washington from getting clean looks like he did against OKC. He's more mobile than Gobert and a better perimeter defender than KAT also.

OP
OP
BirdGangThing

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Dont forget our Avatar bet, @BirdGangThing We sticking to July 10th as the end date?

I'm thinking Celtics in 5. Longer the series goes, better chance for a Dallas upset. I can't it see going 7 though. I want to see Luka pout. I quite like the "stars" on the Celtics also, Jaylen and Jayson as well as Jrue. Horford has been at it a long time also and seeing him win a chip would be cool.

I think Boston can handle Kyrie, or more accurately Jrue can. Derrick White is no slouch either. Then they have Jaylen and Jayson to play physical with Luka on both ends. Horford and Lively are a push, of sorts. Celtics will need Porzingis back to dominate. No one on the Mavericks can guard him. He's the ultimate mismatch and he also covers a ton of ground on defense, which will keep Washington from getting clean looks like he did against OKC. He's more mobile than Gobert and a better perimeter defender than KAT also.
yessir avatars till july 10th

and not only do i see boston losing this series - i think this will be their last legit chance - window closing - other eastern teams closing in - i think them and the 76ers are yesterday's news

as far as dallas's sorry asses go - boston can't stop luka - kyrie - and a legit center on the court at all times - plus dallas has been playing really good defense during crunch time

i still haven't picked out your new avatar but im thinking something that has "never in doubt" in it
:Dold

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
yessir avatars till july 10th

and not only do i see boston losing this series - i think this will be their last legit chance - window closing - other eastern teams closing in - i think them and the 76ers are yesterday's news

as far as dallas's sorry asses go - boston can't stop luka - kyrie - and a legit center on the court at all times - plus dallas has been playing really good defense during crunch time

i still haven't picked out your new avatar but im thinking something that has "never in doubt" in it
:Dold

I'm trying to find a way to make the gorilla look a bit more derpy.

You must be registered for see images attach

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Boston in 6. Hope I have it upside down. I’ve been wrong the last 2 Dallas series.

Lorenzo

Reaction score

I’m curious about KP’s health. I’m guessing he’s good or he wouldn’t be playing. He was so up and down when he was in Dallas. He at times would look great everywhere on the court and other times he looked worse than Shawn Bradley (IYKYK). I’ve heard Boston is great for KP because he doesn’t even need to play for them to win. He can be the fifth or sixth option. If KP is a factor Dallas will need lively to have a big series. Lively can guard on the perimeter. And Dallas will run switches to get KP away from the basket to punish the Celtics both on the perimeter and at the rim.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’m curious about KP’s health. I’m guessing he’s good or he wouldn’t be playing. He was so up and down when he was in Dallas. He at times would look great everywhere on the court and other times he looked worse than Shawn Bradley (IYKYK). I’ve heard Boston is great for KP because he doesn’t even need to play for them to win. He can be the fifth or sixth option. If KP is a factor Dallas will need lively to have a big series. Lively can guard on the perimeter. And Dallas will run switches to get KP away from the basket to punish the Celtics both on the perimeter and at the rim.

He was supposedly ready to return in the Indiana series but once they went up 2-0 and 3-0 they decided to hold off because it was getting more physical and it was clear they didn't need him. His health is a big factor though. If he's healthy, that hurts Dallas and lowers their chances, IMO. We'll see.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
KP looks good so far at both ends. He’s been their best player to say the least.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tatum took only two shots in the first quarter. He had more assists than shots.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They said it early on, Dallas hasn't played anyone who can go 5 out so far. They've been able to sag off someone in each series. They can't do that against Boston. Plus Boston is crashing the offensive glass so well, they're getting buckets.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
KD has never looked as dominate on the suns as porzingas has been in this game.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
They said it early on, Dallas hasn't played anyone who can go 5 out so far. They've been able to sag off someone in each series. They can't do that against Boston. Plus Boston is crashing the offensive glass so well, they're getting buckets.
True and it’s one half of one game. Dallas is missing make-able shots. And as good as KP is playing today, can he do that for the entire series? He will miss at some point. If not he will be finals mvp.

I thought OKC at times had guys all over the court hitting 3’s including their rookie big man. But Boston is next level in outside shooting from all positions. It’s a problem for sure and that’s why I picked them to win in 6. Dallas probably need to steal a game in Boston to make it a 6 game series though.