NBA Finals: Spurs vs Heat

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like this will go 7.

i hope so, just because a Game 7 would be awesome, but if the Heat don't come out on fire on Tuesday, i can see them wilting under the Spurs experience. LeBron will have to come out with a Game 6 Celtics performance. Dude's been pretty average most of this series compared to how he's played the rest of the playoffs the last two years.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
Still can't believe that I'm finding myself rooting for the Spurs.

I think it's more rooting against the Heat, really.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Still can't believe that I'm finding myself rooting for the Spurs.

I think it's more rooting against the Heat, really.

I always liked San Antonio before the Horry/Bowen era, and I like them just fine now, since those two are gone. I also think the fact we swept them that one year brought me plenty of closure.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
In case anyone is interested, the probability of a .429 three-point shooter making at least 25 out of 38 attempts is about 1/268.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
i hope so, just because a Game 7 would be awesome, but if the Heat don't come out on fire on Tuesday, i can see them wilting under the Spurs experience. LeBron will have to come out with a Game 6 Celtics performance. Dude's been pretty average most of this series compared to how he's played the rest of the playoffs the last two years.

still putting up 22ppg 11rpg 7apg 2.2spg 1bpg

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
still putting up 22ppg 11rpg 7apg 2.2spg 1bpg

True, but that's 4 points below regular season average, shooting 10% worse then the regular season. The bet player in the game has to ELEVATE his game in the Finals or at least play to the same level he has been. Anything else, especially if that player leads a favored team to a loss is a failure in that series for me...and
Probably most of the rest of the basketball watching world.

carrrnuttt

Didactic
Reaction score
True, but that's 4 points below regular season average, shooting 10% worse then the regular season. The bet player in the game has to ELEVATE his game in the Finals or at least play to the same level he has been. Anything else, especially if that player leads a favored team to a loss is a failure in that series for me...and
Probably most of the rest of the basketball watching world.

There's a discussion right now in another basketball-exclusive forum about how many times LeBron has been found hanging his head and not sprinting back when/if he gets stopped on the offensive end. Especially if he feels he got fouled.

LeBron not giving everything on the floor is what will always leave him a step behind MJ.

2 or 3 plays he missed a bucket, got blocked or lost a rebound and he just stayed up the court while the Spurs pushed. Really not a good look for one of the 'greats'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=-DfAnP8yi0M

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's a discussion right now in another basketball-exclusive forum about how many times LeBron has been found hanging his head and not sprinting back when/if he gets stopped on the offensive end. Especially if he feels he got fouled.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=-DfAnP8yi0M

my friend and I were saying the exact same thing during the game. It was during that critical point in the game when the Spurs lead went from 1 to 17 in the blink of an eye.

the clip above isn't a great example of it IMO tho. That's at the very end of the half and there was nothing Bron could do. But repeatedly we saw the same thing during the third quarter of last night's game.

carrrnuttt

Didactic
Reaction score
the clip above isn't a great example of it IMO tho. That's at the very end of the half and there was nothing Bron could do. But repeatedly we saw the same thing during the third quarter of last night's game.

You're right about the video being a poor example. It just happened to be the one I had the quickest access to, as it was already in that other thread I was referencing.

But I did watch the game, and there were enough blatant examples of what we're discussing to where [at least!] several of us across the interwebs have noticed it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSpg2b8G6jg

Last edited:

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Danny Green for MVP, if the Spurs can pull out 1 more win.

I am hoping they do so, but am a bit skeptical about it.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Danny Green for MVP, if the Spurs can pull out 1 more win.

I am hoping they do so, but am a bit skeptical about it.

my guess is they'll give to to Parker... but truthfully, this would be the toughest team to give an MVP award to. They play SUCH team basketball, no one in the series is averaging over 16 PPG and each one of Duncan, Parker and Green have played their roles perfectly. Duncan protects the paint, boards like a mother and forces double teams, Parker save for one game (where SA dominated) has been pretty lights out scoring and breaking down the Heat D and Green has been outrageously lights out from 3.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
my guess is they'll give to to Parker... but truthfully, this would be the toughest team to give an MVP award to. They play SUCH team basketball, no one in the series is averaging over 16 PPG and each one of Duncan, Parker and Green have played their roles perfectly. Duncan protects the paint, boards like a mother and forces double teams, Parker save for one game (where SA dominated) has been pretty lights out scoring and breaking down the Heat D and Green has been outrageously lights out from 3.

If the Spurs go on to win, there is no way they can't give it to Green. He's 25 of 38 in 3-pointers... 66% from behind the arc! Are you kidding me???

:shock:

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
With all of the media attention on Lebron, Miami's Big 3, and even SA's Big 3, to have Green be named as the Finals MVP would be a huge statement about team basketball and phenomonal for the future of the game.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LeBron with another shooting stinker so far tonight.

OP
OP
O

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
LeBron is turning into Kobe the way he complains after every shot that he thinks doesn't go his way.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
wow...on back to back plays, LeBron and Wade throw up TERRIBLE shots and literally just stand or SIT on the ground and pout and the Spurs go down and score two HUGE buckets due to them being babies.

I originally wanted the Heat to win because it would make Laker fans crazy, but this team is BEYOND unlikable.

Besides, if Duncan wins his 5th, I think anyone would be hard pressed to make the argument that Kobe is the player of this generation. 5 titles, 4 Finals MVPs, 3 Reg Season MVPs and has ALWAYS been the best teammate he can be. That's a no brainer if they pull this out, with Duncan scoring a ridiculous 30+ and 15 boards.

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
why is Miami going through Wade at this point is anyone's guess.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
putting Dwayne Wade back in the game was the dumbest move i've ever seen. Bron has shot the ball since.