NBA Finals: Spurs vs Heat

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry but LeBron James is the best player to ever play the game of basketball. There's no avoiding that.

He's without a doubt the best player OF THIS ERA, but he's still got a way to go to get to MJ. Time will tell, but tonight and Game 6 were ALL-TIME Performances.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Arguably one of the best playoff series in NBA history. I thought Miami was going to snow plow San Antonio because I thought they were physically and mentally taxed after Game 6 collapse, but they kept it up until the final minute of the game.

LeBron is quickly cementing his legacy as one of the best, most versatile players to ever lace 'em up.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Arguably one of the best playoff series in NBA history. I thought Miami was going to snow plow San Antonio because I thought they were physically and mentally taxed after Game 6 collapse, but they kept it up until the final minute of the game.

LeBron is quickly cementing his legacy as one of the best, most versatile players to ever lace 'em up.

None of this can be debated...although I'm sure Donald will try. :)

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Not Donald, but no argument from me. He is one of the best to ever play. That's been hyped since he was a kid. It is the hype that most of the haters hate. He was a self-proclaimed King and had a huge "The Chosen One" tattoo before he had actually done anything.

Not surprised at his level of play - it is what we have been told he would do for years now. He put in the work and improved his outside jumper and even his 3 point shooting to become a more rounded player.

Congrats to LeBron for winning a title after a full NBA season so we haters can't use that against him any longer. :D

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
It was something to see James, listed at 6'8"-240, as the Point Guard on offense the whole game (Magic was 6'9"-230). As well as shoot from the outside and rebound and play defense down low. He seems tireless.

He is indeed the greatest player of his time.

JustWinBaby

Veteran
Reaction score
If you were the Spurs would you go after Iggy in the off season to replace Manu?

It appears that they would have enough cap room to get it done.

Duncan - 37
Leonard - 22
Parker - 31
Iggy - 29

What I saw of Duncan he sure does not appear to be done yet. I expect he could have another two good years. They could probably keep Manu as well on the cheap.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
If you were the Spurs would you go after Iggy in the off season to replace Manu?

It appears that they would have enough cap room to get it done.

Duncan - 37
Leonard - 22
Parker - 31
Iggy - 29

What I saw of Duncan he sure does not appear to be done yet. I expect he could have another two good years. They could probably keep Manu as well on the cheap.
Denver's already said that their keeping Igoudala and will do whatever it takes to resign him.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Denver's already said that their keeping Igoudala and will do whatever it takes to resign him.

that's great and all, but Iggy is a UFA, which means he can do whatever he wants. if he wants to win, he won't be back in Denver.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
that's great and all, but Iggy is a UFA, which means he can do whatever he wants. if he wants to win, he won't be back in Denver.

Igoudala isn't a superstar that's looking for a ring to fulfill his legacy or anything.

He has the option of staying with the all star caliber players Ty Lawson, Kenneth Faried, Danillo Gallinari and decent bigs in McGee and forward Chandler or he can go to the Spurs and team up with 40 year old Duncan, 35 year old Ginobili and 32 year old Parker.

Not to mention Denver probably offers more $$ than SAS.

Igoudala is staying in Denver, not going anywhere.

JustWinBaby

Veteran
Reaction score
Igoudala isn't a superstar that's looking for a ring to fulfill his legacy or anything.

He has the option of staying with the all star caliber players Ty Lawson, Kenneth Faried, Danillo Gallinari and decent bigs in McGee and forward Chandler or he can go to the Spurs and team up with 40 year old Duncan, 35 year old Ginobili and 32 year old Parker.

Not to mention Denver probably offers more $$ than SAS.

Igoudala is staying in Denver, not going anywhere.

You may be correct on him staying in Denver however by signing in Denver he could put them into the luxury tax zone. He could sign for more money in San Antonio and not put the Spurs into the luxury tax zone, if they do not resign Manu.

Duncan may be old but he still can play better than anyone in Denver. Parker and Leonard are also better than anyone on the Denver roster. They also have Popovich as coach. Denver does not have a coach. All they really needed was a wing that could make plays on his own and Lebron would not have won this year. That used to be Manu. If you say Manu is done I agree with you.

Denver can offer a 5 year deal and that will probably be the deciding factor. This will probably be Iggy's last big deal.

If I were the Spurs I would still go after him.

That was the original question anyway.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score

There's no doubt he's great. I find his game super boring. He's not the best ever, not even close. Top 10 when he hang em up, probably, which is not an insult. I can't stand the effing hype around him, not one bit. 75% of what I hate about LeBron is the hype. The other part his his chosen one crap. I hate that.

But I like point guards and shooting guards, and not much of a fan of forwards and centers. That's a bias of my own. Guards, to me, are far more exciting. Bron is a forward who bulls his way to the rack, and that doesn't excite me. (and please, with the "playing pg" crap...he doesn't. He has some guard skills, very good passer, but he's not a guard and ffs, do not put him and Magic in remotely the same conversation).

Theres a good chance he'll be a Laker someday, just because that's the way it goes. And he'll still be an overhyped dude then, just on a team I like. Probably when he's got no gas left in the tank, too.

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's no doubt he's great. I find his game super boring. He's not the best ever, not even close. Top 10 when he hang em up, probably, which is not an insult.

"probably Top 10". you're takes on LeBron are laughable.

I just don't get how you find his game super-boring. I mean, how is watching incredible defense super boring...attacking the rim super boring? Basically, you like high volume jump-shooting. I can't think of anything more boring then that.

I can't stand the effing hype around him, not one bit. 75% of what I hate about LeBron is the hype.

I think what you hate more is that as his career goes on and he reaches his prime, the hype is starting to actually look like reality.

The other part his his chosen one crap. I hate that.

but you love THE MAMBA (seriously...who gives THEMSELVES nicknames? Kobe, Bron and Wade all do it and it just make them look like uber-douchebags)... and when the Yaley Face from Family Guy that Kobe does.

But I like point guards and shooting guards, and not much of a fan of forwards and centers. That's a bias of my own. Guards, to me, are far more exciting. Bron is a forward who bulls his way to the rack, and that doesn't excite me. (and please, with the "playing pg" crap...he doesn't. He has some guard skills, very good passer, but he's not a guard and ffs, do not put him and Magic in remotely the same conversation).

Theres a good chance he'll be a Laker someday, just because that's the way it goes. And he'll still be an overhyped dude then, just on a team I like. Probably when he's got no gas left in the tank, too.

I just don't get how he's overhyped. the guy has been in the league for 9 years, most of them on a really terrible team, that has ALWAYS been terrible, made them a perennial winner in the blink of an eye, even took them to their only Finals and the SECOND he played with anyone with a heartbeat, he reeled off 3 straight Finals and 2 straight titles. Seems like he's kinda met the hype in the middle of his career.

I think people still forget how young LeBron is. He's JUST entering the sweet spot of his career at age 28.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"but you love THE MAMBA (seriously...who gives THEMSELVES nicknames? Kobe, Bron and Wade all do it and it just make them look like uber-douchebags)...

I don't like the "chosen one" specifically. Flash, the Mamba, etc. Whatever. Tatting "the chosen one" on yourself is egomaniacal to a degree that bugs the crap out of me.

It's not the choosing of the name, I really don't care about that so much..kind of stupid. It's the concept of "chosen one" in the first place, and inking it on yourself in the second that irks me.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
I don't like the "chosen one" specifically. Flash, the Mamba, etc. Whatever. Tatting "the chosen one" on yourself is egomaniacal to a degree that bugs the crap out of me.

It's not the choosing of the name, I really don't care about that so much..kind of stupid. It's the concept of "chosen one" in the first place, and inking it on yourself in the second that irks me.

Its usually one of the clowns in their entourage that gives them the nicknames.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

not to mention, he inked it when he was in his early 20's, pretty much the height of man's complete and utter stupidity.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
There's no doubt he's great. I find his game super boring. He's not the best ever, not even close. Top 10 when he hang em up, probably, which is not an insult. I can't stand the effing hype around him, not one bit. 75% of what I hate about LeBron is the hype. The other part his his chosen one crap. I hate that.

You find LeBron driving it to the rim and dunking on whoever is at the rim and their mother boring? Or when LeBron starts knocking down jumpers and 3s like guards you find that boring? Or when he's making great passes? Or when he's locking down Tony Parker was arguably the second or third best player in the league last year?

And don't worry, James won't ever wear a Laker jersey. Unless maybe when he's way past his prime he'll go there to join the retirement home of Nash, Kobe, Gasol, MWP...LA isn't a bad place to retire in.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You find LeBron driving it to the rim and dunking on whoever is at the rim and their mother boring?

monumentally. he rushes through people and gets no skill points. Dunking ON people? That's not his game. That's Blake Griffin's game, and I enjoy watching him dunk for sure. LeBron is a great open court dunker, and occasionally throws down ON someone. Blake challenges guys and demoralizes them (and their mothers). You described Blake's game (the part of it I like).

Or when LeBron starts knocking down jumpers and 3s like guards you find that boring?

He's better at that these days, but its still not his game. 59% of his shots come from within 15 feet. 41% of them at the rim. He's not a jumpshooter. He's a rush you to the paint and shoot guy. Ok. He's good at it. It works, and he scores a lot. Just not my cup of tea.

Or when he's making great passes?

Magic made great passes. Lebron makes passes. Lebron is less the passer that people goo goo about. He gets two assists more a game than notorious selfish bad guy Kobe. Lebron likes passing, and that's good. One of the things I like about his game for sure, but he's not a guard with his passes. Let's not play.

Or when he's locking down Tony Parker was arguably the second or third best player in the league last year?

That's entertaining, and awesome. I think it's awesome when Kobe guards Westbrick and locks him up too. I enjoy the great play of mismatches. But really, defense is not exciting to watch. I'm not clamoring to watch the best defenders in the league, sorry.

Actually, there is one thing I enjoy watching in LeBron's game and it is defensive...he's brilliant at coming up the court and blocking a player from behind, pinning it on the backboard. His blocks and recovery plays are pretty awesome.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
monumentally. he rushes through people and gets no skill points.

LOL...A FORWARD, with LeBron's handles/speed isn't fun to watch. I just don't get it.

He's better at that these days, but its still not his game. 59% of his shots come from within 15 feet. 41% of them at the rim. He's not a jumpshooter. He's a rush you to the paint and shoot guy. Ok. He's good at it. It works, and he scores a lot. Just not my cup of tea.

Magic made great passes. Lebron makes passes. Lebron is less the passer that people goo goo about.

LeBron's bullet passes, length of the court passes are things of beauty. The idea that he simply "makes passes" is a joke.

He gets two assists more a game than notorious selfish bad guy Kobe. Lebron likes passing, and that's good. One of the things I like about his game for sure, but he's not a guard with his passes. Let's not play.

the only one playing here is the guy pretending that a 6'8 F, who can zip passes through an entire defense and average 7 assists per isn't a fanastic passer. Is he Magic? No one is. But that doesn't mean LeBron isn't a great passer.

That's entertaining, and awesome. I think it's awesome when Kobe guards Westbrick and locks him up too.

You are smoking crack. Kobe "locked down" Westbrook to the tune of 28 ppg and 9 assists per game this season... "locked down" Westbrook in the playoffs last year to the tune of 25.6 ppg and 5 assists on 48% shooting... locked him down to 26.7 ppg, 8 asst and 6 rebounds on 47% shooting two years ago in the regular season...and in the playoffs three years ago when Westbrook was just a pup, he still put up 20 ppg on 47% shooting.

ALL of those numbers were BETTER then what Westbrook averaged when he didn't play Bryant...and better then his season averages in those respective seasons.

He TORCHES Bryant on a regular basis.

I enjoy the great play of mismatches.

apparently you really enjoy the mismatch of Kobe getting destroyed by Westbrook.

seriously...you enjoy Kobe "locking down" Westbrook? Westbrook and the Thunder have freaking OWNED Kobe pretty much in every way shape or form the last three years.

this is why you have zero credibility discussing this subject.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You are smoking crack. Kobe "locked down" Westbrook to the tune of 28 ppg and 9 assists per game this season... "locked down" Westbrook in the playoffs last year to the tune of 25.6 ppg and 5 assists on 48% shooting... locked him down to 26.7 ppg, 8 asst and 6 rebounds on 47% shooting two years ago in the regular season...and in the playoffs three years ago when Westbrook was just a pup, he still put up 20 ppg on 47% shooting.

ALL of those numbers were BETTER then what Westbrook averaged when he didn't play Bryant...and better then his season averages in those respective seasons.

He TORCHES Bryant on a regular basis.

Wow, you are incredibly uninformed. Kobe guards Westbrook only in key stretches of games, never for a whole game. Several times he's guarded him, and stops him, ruins his rhythm and then goes back into scoring mode.

LA Times from 2012 said:
Bryant's face grimaced as he took the unenviable task in guarding the speedy Westbrook. He shut off his pick-and-roll penetration. Bryant held Westbrook to 14 points on three-of-22 shooting. Just like he did on a sprained right knee in Game 5 of the 2010 Western Conference first-round series, Bryant volunteered to stop Westbrook,

Yahoo from 2010 said:
Bryant’s defense on Westbrook played one of the biggest roles in the Lakers’ triumph. Westbrook entered Game 5 averaging 21.8 points, 5.3 assists and 6.5 rebounds while often blazing past Lakers veteran guard Derek Fisher(notes). Bryant told coach Phil Jackson that he wanted the challenge of guarding Westbrook, regardless of his own injuries. Bryant held Westbrook to 15 points on 4-of-13 shooting and helped force him into eight turnovers by being, in his words, a “savvy old dog.”

Brooks admitted that Bryant’s defense on Westbrook to open the game “kind of threw us off a little bit.”

For a guy who claims to know a lot about the Lakers, you don't know some pretty obvious stuff. Kobe doesn't pull the Westbrook assignment much. When he does, Westbrook does not do well. The problem with it though, is it tires Kobe for the other side, and his scoring goes down.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow, you are incredibly uninformed. Kobe guards Westbrook only in key stretches of games, never for a whole game. Several times he's guarded him, and stops him, ruins his rhythm and then goes back into scoring mode.

For a guy who claims to know a lot about the Lakers, you don't know some pretty obvious stuff. Kobe doesn't pull the Westbrook assignment much. When he does, Westbrook does not do well. The problem with it though, is it tires Kobe for the other side, and his scoring goes down.

this is based on absolutely NOTHING in fact. you point to TWO games...out of TWENTY-TWO matchups as proof?! and a game THREE years ago? That's a joke dude. And if Kobe does so well on Westbrook, how come the Thunder so consistently DESTROY the Lakers over the last three years.

And again, you're the one who made the claim that Kobe "locks down" Westbrook in response to someone saying LeBron locks down Parker. even if your ridiculous claim is true (which it isn't), it's laughable to compare a guy locking another player down "in key stretches of games" versus LeBron who takes the assignment for ENTIRE games.

seriously...the idea that Kobe "locks Westbrook" down for key spots of games has no basis in fact stat wise...or win wise.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05