NBA Finals: Spurs vs Heat

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
He almost lost the game all by himself until he hit that 3.

In the 4th/OT, he scores 18 points, plays tenacious defense on Parker, and dishes 3 assists to bring his team back to life; yet, all anyone wants to talk about are the turnovers. Without his herculean effort at the end, the NBA season is over today.

Plenty of superstars commit turnovers or make boneheaded decisions during crucial periods in the game while executing on all ends of the floor. Only with Lebron can he have such great success in the end, but get ridiculed for one or two mistakes.

This is a man's game, and Lebron proved last night he can be "the man" when he needs to be.

TJ

Reaction score
not sure that was all ball, but Manu traveled more then Clooney in Up In The Air as he took it the hole. Can't call that stuff.

Here's the way Steve Javey, former ref who works for ESPN now, interpreted that play on The Herd this morning:

During the drive, Ray first dislodged the ball from Manu's hands. After the ball came free, any unintentional contact which may have happened was fair game and therefore, by the letter of the law, it was not a foul.

The traveling before the non-foul is an entirely different story.....

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
It was a foul, but certainly a huge flop. You'd never catch Jordan putting on that kind of act.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sunsfan88 said:
He's the only reason that the game even got close..

Disagree. He was pretty average until late in the 4th.

I'm not sure you really disagree. If he had been his normal superstar self in the first three quarters, they would have cruised to a victory so he was very much the only reason they got close. He played great for the most part in the 4th quarter but there were 3 quarters before that 4th quarter where he was pretty mediocre.

Steve

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was a foul, but certainly a huge flop. You'd never catch Jordan putting on that kind of act.

man, i don't know. Bron is certainly a flopper, but that was a pretty good unexpected elbow to the NECK.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
as much as people don't want to admit this...if a guy can really be criticized for a couple turnovers in a game where he put up 32/10/11, while playing great defense and forcing a Game 7, it really just speaks to his greatness and not the lack thereof.

look...he's not Jordan. Jordan was as close to perfection as any sport has ever seen. But he's still incredible...and this is coming from someone who has repeatedly been mystified by some of Bron's performances throughout this series.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
man, i don't know. Bron is certainly a flopper, but that was a pretty good unexpected elbow to the NECK.

If I elbowed you to the neck, do you really think you'd sprawl backward eight feet? How about if you weighed 260 and were built like a piece of highway construction machinery?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I elbowed you to the neck, do you really think you'd sprawl backward eight feet? How about if you weighed 260 and were built like a piece of highway construction machinery?

Eric have you ever been elbowed in the neck while running? It kinda messes you up. If he hit him in the chest and fell back, I get the flopping claim. But that was a sharp elbow to a pretty sensitive part of the body.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The most amazing part of the play was that Manu didn't flop also after LeBron's neck ran into his elbow. :D

That is because there was actually contact. He has never felt that before and he did not know what the do. :D

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Eric have you ever been elbowed in the neck while running? It kinda messes you up.

I'm sure it hurt, but that's not the point. If you hit me below the belt, that will hurt too, but I'm not going to be propelled several feet backward, whether I'm running or not.

TJ

Reaction score
Eric have you ever been elbowed in the neck while running? It kinda messes you up. If he hit him in the chest and fell back, I get the flopping claim. But that was a sharp elbow to a pretty sensitive part of the body.

I've been hit in the Adam's Apple before with an elbow. Lebron's reaction was not feigned by any stretch of the imagination.

Could have done some serious damage.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been hit in the Adam's Apple before with an elbow. Lebron's reaction was not feigned by any stretch of the imagination.

Could have done some serious damage.

Agreed.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Again, I'm not disputing whether it was painful, but whether there was sufficient momentum behind Ginobili's elbow to result in that kind of momentum change.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I mean geez, come on, watch it again. James's head snaps back and that looks genuine. Then, a fraction of a second later, he deliberately launches himself to the ground, as a completely different move. I really don't understand how this can be debated.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I mean geez, come on, watch it again. James's head snaps back and that looks genuine. Then, a fraction of a second later, he deliberately launches himself to the ground, as a completely different move. I really don't understand how this can be debated.

I love those kind of flops - contact, hesitation, reaction. :D

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

man, I ain't seeing it. he gets smacked in the neck and then goes down.

I don't know what you're debating here, but usually when I get the wind-knocked out of me, I go down to the ground, especially if I'm in mid-run. (and with my luck and history of injuries, I go down often!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-UKkUf7D60

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
Poor Brown trying to say something constructive about flopper numero uno.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNxiWES8G0o

:D

I root for the Sterns to beat the Heat in game 7. Can't stand the Heat and "the king". I don't want the casual basketball fans of the world to all start cheering for Miami in a rigged league where bronbron is crowned the best thing since sliced bread. MJ is off course better than sliced bread. And Kobe is toast.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I'm sorry but LeBron James is the 2nd best player to ever play the game of basketball. There's no avoiding that.

Last edited: