NBA Off Season Thread

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
But you guys are missing the part that Portland said they will not do a S&T, so to get them to, they need to want the prices and can be picky. So good luck forcing players they do want or don't need.

I get that.

I never thought this idea had much chance of success. Just a what if.

If LMA is leaving anyway it would be a chance for them to get something back.

I would easily trade Bledsoe to get LMA but I don't want to trade Len at all. Seems like a huge price to give up that size considering they could potentially move salary some other way.

KloD

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
But you guys are missing the part that Portland said they will not do a S&T, so to get them to, they need to want the prices and can be picky. So good luck forcing players they do want or don't need.

http://www.csnnw.com/blazers/trail-blazers-unlikely-sign-and-trade-lamarcus-aldridge

How many times has a team threatened not to do a SNT and than ended up doing it. Suns won't have to if they can find a team to give Tucker, Granger, and a few of the small contracts or the Morri. They can give a draft pick or two to a team with space if needed. They don't HAVE to deal with Portland if Portland would rather lose him for nothing.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
I get that.

I never thought this idea had much chance of success. Just a what if.

If LMA is leaving anyway it would be a chance for them to get something back.

I would easily trade Bledsoe to get LMA but I don't want to trade Len at all. Seems like a huge price to give up that size considering they could potentially move salary some other way.

Bledsoe and Kieff? No need for Kieff if we have LMA, Chandler and Len.

SO91

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
How many times has a team threatened not to do a SNT and than ended up doing it. Suns won't have to if they can find a team to give Tucker, Granger, and a few of the small contracts or the Morri. They can give a draft pick or two to a team with space if needed. They don't HAVE to deal with Portland if Portland would rather lose him for nothing.

Yeah I don't buy it. Even Cleveland did a S&T with Miami when LBJ left in 2010, and we all remember how salty their owner was.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Yeah I don't buy it. Even Cleveland did a S&T with Miami when LBJ left in 2010, and we all remember how salty their owner was.

This, exactly. If he wants to be here, Suns can make it happen with or without Portland getting something in return.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score

http://www.csnnw.com/blazers/trail-blazers-unlikely-sign-and-trade-lamarcus-aldridge

They can say what they want, once the option is losing Aldridge for nothing to the Spurs or getting something in return they will listen.

If not the suns can make moves with other teams.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
If Aldridge choses us I would guess we would send the Morri and the Cavs pick to Portland.

Maybe throw in Bullock.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
If by some miracle LMA actually decides to bring his talents to the valley of the sun, can we trade Tucker and Marcus and keep Kieff and still give LMA the max?

Rab

Angry Vedder
Reaction score
I would imagine in the slim chance that only one Morris was traded, the Blazers would want the better one.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
If by some miracle LMA actually decides to bring his talents to the valley of the sun, can we trade Tucker and Marcus and keep Kieff and still give LMA the max?

We could but its the least likely situation. LMA is probably going to demand a sign-and-trade deal since it gives him another year + $20 million and in that scenario the most likely pieces are both the Morrii

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Paul Coro ‏@paulcoro 14m14 minutes ago
Suns met Aldridge with Robert Sarver, Lon Babby, Ryan McDonough, Jeff Hornacek, Earl Watson, Tyson Chandler, Eric Bledsoe & Brandon Knight.

This tells me that Bledsoe remains a key part of the team.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
I would imagine in the slim chance that only one Morris was traded, the Blazers would want the better one.

In a vacuum that makes good sense for them. Kieff isnt Aldridge but he is 3/5 the player at 1/5 the cost. Throw in a pick and Granger and thats not as bad as him leaving with nothing.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
It's surprising that Tucker is not part of it given that he was teammates with Aldridge at Texas for 2 years.

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
I would give Portland the twins, Tucker, plus one (Goodwin, Booker or Warren), and any number of 2nd round picks they would want.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 2 Min.Vor 2 Minuten

For Suns, wise move bringing new assistant Earl Watson to Aldridge meeting. Close with LMA, highly-respected. Suns made good impression.

about the best you could hope for, WOJ tweeting that our meeting went well

Rab

Angry Vedder
Reaction score
about the best you could hope for, WOJ tweeting that our meeting went well
That's good news for sure. If anything, it sounds like we gave him something to think about even if the decision to go to SA is already predominantly running through his head.