NBA Off Season Thread

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Woj is saying the Suns have closed the gap with the Spurs. WOOT!

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
They can go over the cap to sign their own player.

They sign Leonard last.

Yeah but they also just signed Green for an additional $45M. Can a team sign more than one of their own FA's and not have to worry about going over the cap? I don't think so as Tucker took up some of PHX's cap space last summer.

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
Yeah but they also just signed Green for an additional $45M. Can a team sign more than one of their own FA's and not have to worry about going over the cap? I don't think so as Tucker took up some of PHX's cap space last summer.
None of the deals are final for another week. The only thing they have counting against the cap now is the cap hold based on last year's salary.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Draymond Green and the Warriors have broken off negotiations. I still think they'd gladly match the 4 year max any other team could offer.

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This all sounds good on the LA front, especially including Earl Watson in the meetings who they say is close to LA http://arizonasports.com/41/1846793...dge-very-engaged-in-meeting-with-Phoenix-Suns

We appear to be in the mix folks.

But for LA, I am wondering if it will come down to which team can get him a title? San Antonio has a window, but not sure how long that will be open. Their system is awesome though and could just continue to regenerate contenders.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I found this tweet about the Kings. Cousins and Rondo would be two interesting personalities playing together.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 29m29 minutes ago

The Kings clearing the salary cap space to pursue free agents Rajon Rondo and Wes Matthews, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

Might be fun to watch... Cousins, Rondo and George Karl all together.

https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA

Last edited:

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Kings are a mess. Rondo, Cousins and George Karl... that should take about 3 games before they all mutually despise each other.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo 2h2 hours ago
The Warriors have agreed to terms on a five-year, $85 million deal with their free agent forward Draymond Green, a source told Yahoo.

I like Draymond Green but yeesh

The Kings are a mess. Rondo, Cousins and George Karl... that should take about 3 games before they all mutually despise each other.

I think you're being way too generous. They'll probably want to kill each other during training camp

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With Cousins and Gay's large salaries how much can they possibly offer him? Plus don't they have Stauskas & McLemore at SG?

I guess it would be something close to the combination of the salaries of Nik Stauskus, Jason Thompson and Carl Laundry who they traded. This comes to about 15-16 million a year.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I guess it would be something close to the combination of the salaries of Nik Stauskus, Jason Thompson and Carl Laundry who they traded. This comes to about 15-16 million a year.
Well I guess PHI needed frontcourt depth and now they have it and added Stauskas in the process. Too bad they couldn't land a PG in the deal unless they feel Stauskas can play PG.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Greg Monroe max contract with the Bucks.

Blazers, Knicks, Lakers miss out

Monroe was also the Spurs fallback option reportedly.

God I love the Lakers and Knicks completely missing out. So much for that big market crap.

OP
OP
bankybruce

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Chris Broussard
✔ @Chris_Broussard

Houston, Dallas, Clippers, Phoenix among those who've registered some degree of interest in @Amareisreal as back-up big, sources say

Robin Lopez likely to NYK.

The Blazers are turning over their entire roster.. Batum gone, Lopez gone, Matthews likely gone.. why would Aldridge go back?

Spurs are losing Aron Baynes to Detroit.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Portland and Dallas really seem to be imploding.

Portland will lose everyone except Lillard, Dallas is losing all starters except Dirk and Parsons.

If Dallas does not get DeAndre Jordan which seems unlikely they are toast.

Dallas is losing Chandler, Ellis, Rondo, Amare
Portland is losing Batum, Lopez, Matthews and Aldridge

This should open up 2 playoff spots for the Suns, Thunder and/or Jazz.

If the Spurs miss out on Aldridge they are not a playoff lock imo.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Robin Lopez likely to NYK.

The Blazers are turning over their entire roster.. Batum gone, Lopez gone, Matthews likely gone.. why would Aldridge go back?

Spurs are losing Aron Baynes to Detroit.

Spurs only have 39-year-old Duncan to play the 5, and he's not going to play a ton of minutes. If the reports are correct that LMA hates playing center, could this vault us to the top of LMA's list?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stbmd