fatosber

Veteran
Reaction score
I'm from KOSOVA ( EUROPE ) and before I start talking I want you to now than I am the bigest Phoenix Suns Fan in europe . Everybody knows that most of the world's talents come from BALLKANS , so I can always post about new players coming to nba , about Euroleague , Vujanic and everything about europian basketball . Everynight I stay till 3 or 4 just to watch the suns play , because I have always been a suns fan . I hope I can help , and I hope you will accept me :)

SUNS 13-3 ..................60-22 my prediction

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
fatosber said:
I'm from KOSOVA ( EUROPE ) and before I start talking I want you to now than I am the bigest Phoenix Suns Fan in europe . Everybody knows that most of the world's talents come from BALLKANS , so I can always post about new players coming to nba , about Euroleague , Vujanic and everything about europian basketball . Everynight I stay till 3 or 4 just to watch the suns play , because I have always been a suns fan . I hope I can help , and I hope you will accept me :)

Welcome, all new Suns fans are always welcome, especially those up till 3 or 4 to see them.....although slinslin may be offended by the biggest suns fan in europe comment.... :D

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the board. I'm glad you found us. I'm sure your insights on the international players, especially around draft time, will be welcomed and appreciated.

Joe Mama

cepstrum

Shqiptar i Qart
Reaction score
fatosber said:

whats up tos. Im glad you signed up. Who's winning the kosova league this year? I'm thinking mabetex...

OP
OP
F

fatosber

Veteran
Reaction score
cepstrum said:
whats up tos. Im glad you signed up. Who's winning the kosova league this year? I'm thinking mabetex...
Prishtina is wining everything , but that doesn't really matter . I hope SUNS will be one of the top teams in NBA and why not win it all .

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Welcome aboard how did you hear about us?

OP
OP
F

fatosber

Veteran
Reaction score
SweetD said:
Welcome aboard how did you hear about us?
I was in Phoenix Twice and I was at AWA and I saw a suns game . Since than I am a huge suns fan , especially now that they are playing so good . Here in kosova everybody is a LAKERS or PHILY fan , I am the only suns fan here , and it is a great feeling to see LA and Phily play bad . NOBODY can talk to me now about how bad the suns are

George O'Brien

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Are you familiar with Vujanic, who played for the SM Olympic and is under contract with Skipper Bologna? The Suns have his rights, but we are unclear if he is an NBA caliber player.

OP
OP
F

fatosber

Veteran
Reaction score
George O'Brien said:
Are you familiar with Vujanic, who played for the SM Olympic and is under contract with Skipper Bologna? The Suns have his rights, but we are unclear if he is an NBA caliber player.
YESS of course . I know everything about serbians , even though we had a national conflict with them I never mix sports with politics. Anyway I get to watch VUJANIC play every week , he is a great shooter he can hit threes he steals a lot of balls he makes a lot of assists 5 or 6 per game ( in europe thats great ) he is like all around player , he can also play SG . In general he is a NBA caliber player , and he would be a great suns PG in the future

remember he is 24 and he can be our PG after nash's time

sunsfn

Reaction score
What are the dates of Vujanics season?

From when to when??

OP
OP
F

fatosber

Veteran
Reaction score
sunsfn said:
What are the dates of Vujanics season?

From when to when??
what do you exacly mean by this ?? so I can give you the best answer

sunsfn

Reaction score
What months do they play? The same as ours? How many games do they play?

I remember reading that their season ends before ours?

George O'Brien

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
One of the confusing aspects of European basketball to Americans is the differences between league play and Euroleague. I'm not sure how it works, but we don't know when things start and when it is all over.

OP
OP
F

fatosber

Veteran
Reaction score
sunsfn said:
What months do they play? The same as ours? How many games do they play?

I remember reading that their season ends before ours?
One of the confusing aspects of European basketball to Americans is the differences between league play and Euroleague. I'm not sure how it works, but we don't know when things start and when it is all over
It started after the NBA season and it will finish before , plus they play like 1 game per week or maybe per 2 weeks . After this boring short season ends than the Playoffs start , each year the playoffs are held in different cities . From total of 24 teams in 3 groups only 4 of them advance to playoffs . And the playoffs are really boing because there are only two games maximum per team , { europian basketball its kind of short an boring , but here we have the country championship on every state so they play a lot of games } MACABI TELAVIV is the best team and they have the best PG JASIKEVICIUS

BigBuddy

Reaction score
fatosber said:
YESS of course . I know everything about serbians , even though we had a national conflict with them I never mix sports with politics. Anyway I get to watch VUJANIC play every week , he is a great shooter he can hit threes he steals a lot of balls he makes a lot of assists 5 or 6 per game ( in europe thats great ) he is like all around player , he can also play SG . In general he is a NBA caliber player , and he would be a great suns PG in the future

remember he is 24 and he can be our PG after nash's time

Disagree.
Vujanic has a great touch, he can score from anywhere on the court and he could easily switch from 625cm to 715cm 3p-shooting distance. However, he has no court vision, he doesn't have that 'team first, me later' attitude which makes a great playmaker. He loses his head to often, too. If any team makes him it's PG, pray the Lord to have mercy for them.
Why not to make him an SG then? No way. He's to short and to less athletic, he couldn't guard opposing SG and would be forced to shoot over a taller defender. Not a great idea IMHO.
He's a very good player for Europe (not a great one though) but nothing more. I was very keen on seeing him in Phoenix last year as I thought his court vision would improve, but now it seems he's just not that type.

Edit: a little comment on his assists number. His team, Climamio Bologna, is all packed with great shooters like Basile, Smodis and Douglas. They average over 93ppg with 57 FG%, so it usualy takes as little as passing the ball to anyone to get the assist.

Last edited:

cepstrum

Shqiptar i Qart
Reaction score
BigBuddy said:
Disagree.
Vujanic has a great touch, he can score from anywhere on the court and he could easily switch from 625cm to 715cm 3p-shooting distance. However, he has no court vision, he doesn't have that 'team first, me later' attitude which makes a great playmaker. He loses his head to often, too. If any team makes him it's PG, pray the Lord to have mercy for them.
Why not to make him an SG then? No way. He's to short and to less athletic, he couldn't guard opposing SG and would be forced to shoot over a taller defender. Not a great idea IMHO.
He's a very good player for Europe (not a great one though) but nothing more. I was very keen on seeing him in Phoenix last year as I thought his court vision would improve, but now it seems he's just not that type.

Edit: a little comment on his assists number. His team, Climamio Bologna, is all packed with great shooters like Basile, Smodis and Douglas. They average over 93ppg with 57 FG%, so it usualy takes as little as passing the ball to anyone to get the assist.

How often have u seen him play? Im just wondering because it seems like you have seen him play a lot.

George O'Brien

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
BigBuddy said:
Disagree.

This is similar to some of the other reports we've seen. Since I've only seen him in a few games, it is hard for me to know who is right. My guess is that if he joined the Suns, it would be to provide scoring off the bench rather than PG play.

OP
OP
F

fatosber

Veteran
Reaction score
BigBuddy said:
Disagree.

I agree with some of this . He can score but he can't assist a lot . That is because his team has so many options ( basile ) and vujanic actually is playing SG . If Jaric would play for SM in olympics they say that Vujanic would be the starting PG. Just imagine how good Jaric is ?. 3 weeks ago I saw this game CLIMANIO-EFES ( he score 4 straight threes ) and his team won by 30 . Other than assists ( which I think will improve ) he is a great player , of course this is my opinion .

BigBuddy

Reaction score
cepstrum said:
How often have u seen him play? Im just wondering because it seems like you have seen him play a lot.

I've been watching his Euroleague games closely since he joined the competition in 2001. I may have missed him playing once or twice in 01/02 season and same in 02/03, then I've seen his every EL game since his move to Bologna.
I also saw him live once and found out he was only a little bit taller than me and definetely less athletic :D

BigBuddy

Reaction score
George O'Brien said:
This is similar to some of the other reports we've seen. Since I've only seen him in a few games, it is hard for me to know who is right. My guess is that if he joined the Suns, it would be to provide scoring off the bench rather than PG play.

He can't play PG in offense, but he also cannot guard opposing SG which means he needs a strong, athletic PG capable of defending shooting guards. In offense he could use some screens, forcing the opposition to switch on him and guard him with their PG but I don't think it's worth it, if you need SG you'd rather go for a guy that would be able create for himself.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
I doubt Vujanic will ever play for the Suns.

Why would the Suns want to spend anything of their MLE to get a rookie PG from overseas on their roster with questionmarks about wether he really is a PG anyway?

I think Vujannic will be dealt sooner or later for maybe just a 2nd round pick or in a bigger package.

George O'Brien

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Right now the Suns don't have a lot of firepower off the bench. Barbosa has the potential, but his outside shot is too slow to be taken unless wide open and Casey is not shooting well, plus he won't be back. Right now I think Vujanic could get 8-10 minutes of Casey's time if they put him with JJ and not have to defend against a strong offensive player.

In that a guy who plays 8 minutes is not a huge deal, I'm not sure it makes much difference as long as Vujanic doesn't cost too much.

jibikao

Reaction score
I wonder if Dirk (Mavs) is popular in Europe?

Jimmy

OP
OP
F

fatosber

Veteran
Reaction score
jibikao said:

Jimmy
Yeah everybody likes him . He is the best europian player in NBA . ak47,gasol,stojakovic,parker are also very popular

BigBuddy

Reaction score
jibikao said:

Jimmy

Personally I prefer Kirilenko (gotta love this guy, his a better, upgraded version of KG :p) and Peja, but in general Dirk is said to be the best Euro player in the game. I was very surprised to see that the European edition of NBA Live 2k5 had Gasol on it's cover instead of him.
Sabas also became very popular last year thanks to his return to the Euroleague. He's still class!

Last edited: