• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OP
OP
George O'Brien

George O'Brien

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Dickau had done nothing prior to joining the Hornets and is not playing on a running team.

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I haven't seen enough of Dickau to make a fair judgement, but it's got to be tough to get assists on that team with the surrounding cast that he has. He might be a decent backup PG for the Suns and then again he might not. I think his numbers with the Suns would be better than they are right now. Still, I'd rather bring over Milos and see what he can do.

OP
OP
George O'Brien

George O'Brien

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It certainly looks like bring over Vujanic is the most popular choice with 71% of the votes. Drafting a point guard received only a little over 15% of the votes through afternoon of 2-8-2005. I probably should have had the option of both Vujanic AND draft a PG.

thegrahamcrackr

Reaction score
jbeecham said:
I haven't seen enough of Dickau to make a fair judgement, but it's got to be tough to get assists on that team with the surrounding cast that he has. He might be a decent backup PG for the Suns and then again he might not. I think his numbers with the Suns would be better than they are right now. Still, I'd rather bring over Milos and see what he can do.

Andre Miller lead the league in assists on a horrible Cavs team. A team may be bad, but even horrible players can hit a jumpshot in a while.

I really don't like Dickau much. I have seen him about 5 times in the past month, and wasn't very impressed. His play is infinitely better than it was before, but a lot of his turnovers seem to come from running the break. His decision making is also questionable sometimes.

I know someone on here is from NO, just can't think of who. Maybe a hometown perspective from someone that gets to watch him more often?

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
thegrahamcrackr said:
Andre Miller lead the league in assists on a horrible Cavs team. A team may be bad, but even horrible players can hit a jumpshot in a while.

I really don't like Dickau much. I have seen him about 5 times in the past month, and wasn't very impressed. His play is infinitely better than it was before, but a lot of his turnovers seem to come from running the break. His decision making is also questionable sometimes.

I know someone on here is from NO, just can't think of who. Maybe a hometown perspective from someone that gets to watch him more often?

I didn't like Dickau much when I saw him in December a couple of times. However he did look much better in January. He has a propensity to turn the ball over. He's not big. He's not a very good defensive player. He can score and move the ball around some however. His overall numbers are not that impressive, but they have definitely improved over the last couple months.

In January he averaged 15.4 points on 46% shooting (42.3% three-pointers), 5.1 assists, and 3.6 rebounds.

In February he is averaging 16 points on 51.5% shooting (54.5% three-pointers), 4 assists, and 3.7 rebounds. Of course there have only been 3 New Orleans games so far in February.

If he keeps putting up numbers like that he won't want to come here as a backup, and it will take more than the Phoenix Suns have just to sign him. Keep in mind that those numbers for January and February do not include turnovers.

Joe

Errntknght

Reaction score
thegrahamcrackr >>I have watched a good amount of Lakers games this year. Tierre Brown is horrible. I would rather have Smush Parker out there, who is the only other person I have seen throw a layup off the underside of the rim this season.

Maybe I have only seen the bad, but almost every time he comes in the game he seems to single handily destroy anything the Lakers have going.<<

Yikes, worse than Smush... scratch Tiere...

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Errntknght said:
thegrahamcrackr >> I would rather have Smush Parker out there, who is the only other person I have seen throw a layup off the underside of the rim this season.

:thewave:

coloradosun

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
One deal I would consider with Vujanic next summer is dangle him to Houston for Bob Sura. This depends what the Rockets and Suns do in the draft. Houston runs more of a half court offense and if Vujanic likes running off picks, it would a perfect match.

If Houston takes a point guard in the draft, they still may want a more seasoned player for immediate impact. If the Suns draft big and let McCarty go, I would consider going after Sura. I may even consider giving up Barbosa if Jackson continues to be large contributor.

OP
OP
George O'Brien

George O'Brien

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
coloradosun said:
One deal I would consider with Vujanic next summer is dangle him to Houston for Bob Sura. This depends what the Rockets and Suns do in the draft. Houston runs more of a half court offense and if Vujanic likes running off picks, it would a perfect match.

If Houston takes a point guard in the draft, they still may want a more seasoned player for immediate impact. If the Suns draft big and let McCarty go, I would consider going after Sura. I may even consider giving up Barbosa if Jackson continues to be large contributor.

I don't want Sura. He has never been a consistent performer in his well travelled career.

BTW, we have no idea what Vujanic's trade value is. Is there a team that thinks much more highly of him than the Suns? Considering that the Suns need a point guard, that would mean that Suns don't think he can play. But if the Suns don't think he can play, why should anyone else? Wouldn' they be suspicious if the Suns traded away rights to a player that fits their needs?

coloradosun

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
George O'Brien said:
I don't want Sura. He has never been a consistent performer in his well travelled career.

BTW, we have no idea what Vujanic's trade value is. Is there a team that thinks much more highly of him than the Suns? Considering that the Suns need a point guard, that would mean that Suns don't think he can play. But if the Suns don't think he can play, why should anyone else? Wouldn' they be suspicious if the Suns traded away rights to a player that fits their needs?

I am trying to take the perspective of Vujanic, some of his playing time demands may not be able to be met by the Suns especially if they keep Barbosa. In Houston he could very well start. Houston has its own scouts and I sure they would probably evalute him in regards to their needs and their offense.

Sura's career will be winding down in the next couple of years. If we are going after a veteran backup, I want someone who will not complain about playing time (Euro's tend to do that) and can play multiple positons.

Veterans want to win, Euros want to play.

OP
OP
George O'Brien

George O'Brien

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Everybody wants to play. On the Suns, the backup point guard will be getting increasing minutes over the next several years in order to reduce Nash's court time. By call reports, Vujanic is very comfortable in a wide open offense and seems like a much better fit for the Suns than on a team like the Rockets.

As for Barbosa, he is likely to be used at SG more than PG. If Vujanic can't beat out Barbosa, he isn't going to start for any quality team. In any case, he can come over on a short term contract with a player out option if he is worried about not getting court time.