OP
Dr. Jones

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
At number 10 -- The Cards Select Matt Leinhart! :D

We ran to the podium!!!!

You must be registered for see images

Strengths: Is a proven winner; one of the most effective quarterbacks to ever play in Division I-A. Has a terrific command of his offense. A natural born leader with terrific all-around intangibles. Is calm and poised. A proven performer under pressure. Steps up in key situations and isn't afraid to have the ball in his hands when it counts. He has very good size. Is tall with solid build, long arms and big hands. He has an excellent feel for reading defenses. Shows rare touch and accuracy as a passer. Can fit the ball in between coverage and knows how to lead his receivers. He throws a tight spiral. Has excellent feel for timing routes and anticipates his receivers' breaks well. He has deceptively quick feet in the pocket for such a big quarterback. Possesses good pocket presence. Not a threat to run but he shows enough quickness and fluidity to buy extra time from within the pocket. He sets up quicker than his speed would indicate. He also does a very good job of reading defenses in his drop. He has good body control and balance. He has a high release point, has no trouble seeing over his offensive line and rarely has a pass batted down. He has a very good work ethic.

Weaknesses: Durability is somewhat of a concern. Had a rotator cuff injury that forced him to miss his sophomore season in high school, tendonitis that bothered him in 2004 and required off-season surgery that shelved him in the spring of 2005. Lacks ideal speed. Not a threat to take off and run. His delivery quickness is slower than the ideal. He possesses adequate-to-good arm strength, but lacks elite NFL arm. He will not be able to fit the ball into some tight spaces that NFL quarterbacks with excellent arm strength can execute.

Overall: Leinart, who replaced Heisman Trophy winner Carson Palmer as the Trojans' starting quarterback in 2003, has been a fulltime starter since his sophomore season, when he finished 255 of 404 (63.4-percent) with 3,556 yards, 38 touchdowns and nine interceptions. Leinart started for his second season at quarterback as a junior in 2004, when he completed 269-of-412 passes (65.3%) for 3,322 yards and 33 TDs with just 6 interceptions, plus he rushed for 3 TDs. As a senior in 2005, Leinart completed 65.7-percent of his attempts for 3,815 yards with 28 TD's and eight INT's. He won the Heisman Trophy in 2004. In three seasons as a fulltime starter (2003-'05), Leinart was 37-2 in games that he started and he led his team to back-to-back national championships during his first two seasons. Leinart is a southpaw quarterback with great size, leadership skills and intangibles. As a potential top-five draft pick, Leinart's lack of speed is a bit concerning, as are his minor durability issues and lack of elite arm strength. He also has been surrounded by the best supporting cast in college football during his three seasons as a starter. However, Leinart still has enough physical tools and the exceptional intangibles that it takes to develop into a good starting quarterback in the NFL. He is quick enough in the pocket to buy some second-chance passing opportunities, he has played through pain and he has better arm strength than several above average starters in the NFL right now. He also possesses outstanding accuracy as a passer. Very much like the Patriots' Tom Brady, Leinart simply knows how to win. That is why, despite his lack of elite all-around physical tools, Leinart is the premier quarterback prospect in the 2006 class.

* Player biographies are provided by Scouts Inc.

JACKPOT!!!!

Shogun

Never doubt Mitch. EVER.
Reaction score
I love it. Now if we can pick Rocky McIntosh in the second....EXCELLENCE!!

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
I dont even care what we do the rest of the draft anymore.

dogpoo32

meh
Reaction score
I think I may be more excited right now than I will be for the birth of my first child. Well, maybe not... But I am freakin stoked!!!

:thumbup:

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
I am so freakin hyped right now. This is crazy.

Savage58

Defense, Defense, DEFENSE
Reaction score
TEARS!!!!!!!!! BEERS!!!!!!! Crying and lots of disbelieve, WOW!

YEEEEEEEEEEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now lets go draft some O Lineman. OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:fans:

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

Leinart to Boldin/Fitz/Edge and co. :thud:

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
He is not going to play right away. It will be mistake to put him on field right away.

BigRedFan

Registered
Reaction score
Jake had a pretty good year and still gets a lot of criticism. The QB stndards are pretty high in Denver.

Mr.Dibbs

Cap Casualty
Reaction score
He won't start right away, and what's nice is if his signing gets difficult and he's not in camp, it's okay due to him not expected to have an immediate impact.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunchaser