Official Are We Better Off With Leinart thread

Does Leinart give us a better chance to win than Kurt did?

• Total voters
Reaction score
At least based on pre-season action from Leinart--

Matt seems to look for the 5-7 yarder first, and then if he has time, will look farther down field

Kurt seems to look downfield first, and then for the 5-7 yarder as a last resort

I think Matt will have fewer sacks than Kurt, but throw for a lower percentage. It seems Matt's habit, and I am sure Denny is drilling this into him -- if its not there, throw it away.
I know that it is hard to believe; especially after watching QB's such as Plummer, McCown, and Warner; but that's the way most of the NFL QB's play! ;)

Gambit

First-Class Second-Rate Poster
Reaction score
Hey all--I've been lurking here for a while and decided to finally sign up. Like you all I'm disappointed by the slow start but I have faith things will turn. And if not--then them's the breaks. Leinart will struggle early on but this is the right move.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey all--I've been lurking here for a while and decided to finally sign up. Like you all I'm disappointed by the slow start but I have faith things will turn. And if not--then them's the breaks. Leinart will struggle early on but this is the right move.

Welcome aboard gambit. I agree, he won't be a star right out of the gate but you have to make the move now.

SpokaneCardfan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
After the last two weeks , The lack of points and the extreme number of turnovers. I don't see how it could get any worse unless Matt gets hurt. I would love to see Kurt playing well but it just isn't happening. I don't expect Matt to work miracles but maybe this will give the team a little more attitude or life. They have been painfull to watch.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i'm so freaking lividly pissed I don't get to watch this game. For OVER A DECADE i've been waiting for the day when we get to finally see our franchise QB, number 1 pick QB, all that jazz start his career and because of some stupid wedding in the Catskills, I'm goign to be flying ALLDAY - DAMNIT! I SHOULD BE AT THE STADIUM FOR THIS FREAKING MOMENT - NO MATTER HOW GOOD OR BAD IT IS!

PISSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BigRedArk

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
i'm so freaking lividly pissed I don't get to watch this game. For OVER A DECADE i've been waiting for the day when we get to finally see our franchise QB, number 1 pick QB, all that jazz start his career and because of some stupid wedding in the Catskills, I'm goign to be flying ALLDAY - DAMNIT! I SHOULD BE AT THE STADIUM FOR THIS FREAKING MOMENT - NO MATTER HOW GOOD OR BAD IT IS!

Whenever I am gonna be out of pocket for a game I always think to myself...."well maybe they'll win if I don't watch" there cheesie. Of course it never matters either way.:( :sad:

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score

Here's hoping that it's so stunningly good of a moment that you tell your grandchildren about how pissed you still are you missed the moment when our whole lives as fans changed "for the better", not just a little better like OMG better.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
Whenever I am gonna be out of pocket for a game I always think to myself...."well maybe they'll win if I don't watch" there cheesie. Of course it never matters either way.:( :sad:

I know that over the years I've studied this phenomenon and the only thing I've figured out is that it's not me.

What they real problem is? I don't have a clue, but I feel safe it's not me.

MrY

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

This is such a big moment in Cards history that they are even going to show the game on network in Albuquerque. First time in recorded history. (its only cuz the Donkeys are playing at night and they need a game to go opposite the Cowspuds)