Official Game 1 Thread

thegrahamcrackr

Reaction score
Well guys, it is finally here. I just hope Amare doesnt go crazy and pick up 2 early fouls. BTW, which channel does everyone prefer for the game today, UPN or ESPN??

jw7

Woof!
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by thegrahamcrackr
Well guys, it is finally here. I just hope Amare doesnt go crazy and pick up 2 early fouls. BTW, which channel does everyone prefer for the game today, UPN or ESPN??

I dunno - I think I'll try ESPN for the national coverage!

Agree 100% Stoudemire will NOT get calls today :(

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
And untill the Boston/Indy game ends I dont' get to watch the Suns game. You would think being in ARizona ESPN would show the Phoenix game over this crap, but I guess not. I just hope it doesn't go into overtime.

adam

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I am going to watch the Espn telecast until they piss me off, then I will return to the homers.

Go Suns.

notakiddfan1

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Man, you can't rotate 3 stiff guys off the bench in the middle of a 1st quarter like this!

The Suns are up 14 - 10 and Frank Johnson puts JJ, Bo and Voskhul into the game all at once, and then the Spurs go on a 7 - 0 run. Why?

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I can't believe they have that punk Greg Anthony commentating on this game. Remember when he came off the bench in street clothes and sucker punched KJ?

cheng

Veteran
Reaction score
As the commentator put it "You are asking for trouble when you pull 3 starter all at once like this!".

notakiddfan1

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Yeah, I mean it's obvious. You just can't do that.

I'm worried that Joe Johnson might not give us much in these playoffs this year. The guy has been notoriously afraid to shoot big shots, and even though he's been playing well lately, this is a whole new ballgame in the postseason. Maybe he'll play well, but I can see him playing really tentative. I hope I'm wrong.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really don't understand frame Johnson's thought process there. Amare Stoudemire is young. There is absolutely no reason to take him out of the game like that.

Joe

notakiddfan1

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Amare Stoudemire has 2 fouls! In the second quarter, that's not foul trouble. You don't take a player out of a game to avoid getting into foul trouble.

OP
OP
T

thegrahamcrackr

Reaction score
at least we are only down by 6 while playing so bad. im worried about amare, hes got 3 now, probably wont see him again till the second half

cheng

Veteran
Reaction score
The spurs could be up by 15 now if their shooter hit their shots.
They space the floor so well and they are getting the shots they want on every possesion.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can understand double teaming Tim Duncan, but at this point why would you double team David Robinson right away?

Joe

cheng

Veteran
Reaction score
Having Johnson on the floor with Penny and Marbury really hurt the team. We could really use some size, Rose is killing Marion down low! Replace JJ with outlaw!

OP
OP
T

thegrahamcrackr

Reaction score
JJ is 6'7" 235
Bo is 6'8" 220

JJ is avery large 2 guard, just like penny is. that is one of the reasons the small lineup works pretty good. It isnt really that small. I mean you have 3 players around 6'7" one 6'11" guy and the strongest PG in the league