Official Game 1 Thread

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Marbury needs to take over offensively, we still need big guys to rebound unless you really think Marbury can shut down Duncan.

I'm no fan of small ball, and I agree that rebounding has been a big problem in this game.

But Marbury gets more room to operate when the Suns use a lineup of quicker players. The reason he wasn't as effective when the Suns had a traditional lineup is that the Suns couldn't create enough motion to give him room to operate.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
These officials are absolute ****.

and amare is going to be special...

notakiddfan1

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Man, if we could get this game, it would be absolutely huge. Tony Parker's confidence is down right now because he doesn't believe in himself playing against Stephon Marbury. If we could get a W tonight, it's possible the Spurs would have that same mental block against the Suns in general.

Not to mention the fact that we'd have stolen home-court advantage, and we'd be up 1 - 0.

cheng

Veteran
Reaction score
Originally posted by elindholm
Marbury needs to take over offensively, we still need big guys to rebound unless you really think Marbury can shut down Duncan.

I'm no fan of small ball, and I agree that rebounding has been a big problem in this game.

But Marbury gets more room to operate when the Suns use a lineup of quicker players. The reason he wasn't as effective when the Suns had a traditional lineup is that the Suns couldn't create enough motion to give him room to operate.

When I pointed out small ball I was referring to the first half when Stoudemire was out because of foul trouble. It is fine as long as Stoudemire is on the floor.

notakiddfan1

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
You know, it's really hard to criticize Marion with the way he's played today, but he just can't stand outside and shoot 3pt shots! He was attacking the boards when he doesn't have the ball, but all he's doing when he has the ball in his hand is passing the ball, or shooting long range jumpers.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
The officials lead this series 1-0.

If SA gets away with this crap...

cheng

Veteran
Reaction score
I can't complain Johnson's substitutions in the second half until he decided to pull hardway and put Outlaw on Parker.

notakiddfan1

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I don't know how bad the officiating has been. They certainly missed some calls, like when Tim Duncan tapped his own shot in that was on the cylinder. However, for the most part they've been alright.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
We wouldnt be in this situation if they would have called the offensive goal tending on Duncan.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
OMFG AMARE WITH A 3 TO TIE!!! :eek:

8 seconds left though.....

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
Haha! Did you see what Steph said to Amare after the 4th?

"Man, that took some balls!" Amare just laughed. Classic.

Last edited by a moderator:

notakiddfan1

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Wow.. I knew it was going in when he shot it, but that was one of those, "NO NO, AMARE YOU IDIO- YES!!!! YOU'RE THE MAN.. AMARE!!!"

AZ4Life

Reaction score
That was the biggest BS call I have ever seen. Parker was clearly moving when Penny drove in the lane. I'm fuming!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

WHY IS PENNY DRIVING WHEN MARBURY IS THE GUY WHO SHOULD HAVE THE BALL????????????

Misses a three to take a nice lead, turns it over with a blantant offense foul, this sucks.

Mike

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by AZ4Life
That was the biggest BS call I have ever seen. Parker was clearly moving when Penny drove in the lane. I'm fuming!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

The defender CAN be moving AND take a charge, Penny pushed off with his arm.

Mike