Official Game 1 Thread

cheng

Veteran
Reaction score
Typical small ball, I am really sick of watching small ball. Every suns playoff series has been like this for the past 10 years! Stoudemire needs to get back on the floor, we have been out rebounded badly since he went out.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
We're not going to see Big Jake very much in this series. They do not want to slow the down with him in the game.

The Suns have played extremely poorly. They've turned the ball over a lot. They are getting called for a bunch of fouls, and most importantly their outside shots are not falling..

How in the world does David Robinson figure that was a jump ball? He had his arms wrapped around him!

Joe Mama

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
Bad officiating, and horrible coaching.

Go suns. :rolleyes:

OP
OP
T

thegrahamcrackr

Reaction score
here comes amare.

Cheng, you complain about jj being their instead of the "bigger" outlaw. then you want amare in there in place of scott? I mean im pretty sure scott is bigger, not as strong, but bigger.

As much as small ball probably wont be very effective against most teams in the NBA, it is the lineup that gave SA fits all season. If you watched the 3 games we won, this lineup is where it happened. the lineup is very very long, and SA has problems matching up with the athleticism and length. adding big jake or another center along amare will slow the tempo allowing SA to play their half court game where we will get dominated

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
Im tired of officials ruining the nba. seriously.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What did I say about the officiating? I honestly believe that aside from the Suns outside shooting that may be the biggest factor in this series.

He can't believe NBA officials have finally thrown somebody out of the game for making a dirty play. We've seen this kind of crap several times this season. At least a finally did something about it.

Joe Mama

cheng

Veteran
Reaction score
that could kill somebody and it was clearly intentional as the replay show Willis saw Williams coming down the court.

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, the stupid fans in SA are booing a guy who stared at Williams coming from behind and hit him like he was Karl Malone or something.

Horrible, just horrible, not sure how you can do that to someone.

Mike

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Hopefully the Suns wake up after that. Only 5 down although we shot an awful percentage and didn't take care of the ball.

OP
OP
T

thegrahamcrackr

Reaction score
espn said something to the effect....."You have to look up at the board and see you are only down 6, and havent done anything well. You have turned it over, played horrible offense and defense, got into foul trouble....that has to give you confidence going into the second half"

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I think the Suns are extremely fortunate to be down by only five. With how poorly they played, the game could easily be already over.

The guard rotation of Marbury, Hardaway and Johnson is collectively 4-21. That is major-league ugly. In fact, it's really not clear how the Suns are still in this game. They are getting outrebounded, and they have committed more turnovers and more fouls.

If the Suns can stop giving up dunks to Malik Rose, I think they have a chance. Marbury is getting to the rim pretty well; he has just missed some easy layups that he usually makes. And Hardaway's veteran experience should enable him to make some shots in the second half. Joe Johnson might be a lost cause for this game; we'll have to see about that.

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know the ESPN announcers kept criticizing Frank Johnson for his doubleteam schemes but give me a damned break - in the 2nd quarter that defense put us back into the game.

And another thing - small ball works against SA. Of course, we could go big and slow and get killed like everybody else who tries it against SA.

OP
OP
T

thegrahamcrackr

Reaction score
somehow we shaved another 2 points off the deficit. down 3 with 12 minutes to go....even if we keep playing like $hit we have a good chance. hopefully something clicks and they come out on all cylinders.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Small ball NEVER works in playoff

down only 3, time for Marbury to take over

Make up your mind.

cheng

Veteran
Reaction score
Originally posted by elindholm
Small ball NEVER works in playoff

down only 3, time for Marbury to take over

Make up your mind.

What is the contradiction here?

Marbury needs to take over offensively, we still need big guys to rebound unless you really think Marbury can shut down Duncan.

7footer

Reaction score
we need to go on a run

and I hate leaving Ginobli open to take all those threes
he was hitting them the last regular season game as well

have to challenge Duncan and get more fouls on him

OP
OP
T

thegrahamcrackr

Reaction score
i like how marion is stepping up. shows his maturation. remember when peja horribly outplayed him 2 years ago in the playoffs??

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05