Official Week 5 (vs KC) Prediction Thread

football karma

Michael snuggles the cap space
Reaction score
I like to think in terms of what has to happen for the Cards to win--

simply put -- they have to have to be no worse than even on the turnover margin

If they win, it will be in a low scoring game. In spite of the 41 point showing against the 49ers, I beleive KC's offense is pedestrian. They scored those 41 points with all of 300 yards of total offense, and benefited from 4 SF turnovers, at least 3 of which could be put in the "unforced" category. The Cardinals need to make KC go long fields, and when they do get into the redzone, settle for field goals.

A matchup I like for the Cardinals is Berry and Okeafor vs KC's tackles. They have to either get pressure on Huard and/or force KC to keep additional people in to protect.

That being said -- the Cardinal offense will be pedestrian as well. With Denny sick of the turnovers and a rookie making his first start, expect Leinart to run a very conservative offensive game plan with an emphasis on dinks, dunks and check downs.

If the Cards win, it will be a 16-13 kinda score.

Finally, I think the one advantage the Cards have is in the "desperation" factor -- playing at home, absolutley needing a win vs a KC team that thinks all is well after a post bye week drubbing of the 49ers. It has all the makings of a "trap" game for KC -- a road, non conference game early in the season coming off of a big win -- and with the KC Star reporting that their defensive players are thrilled to be facing Matt Leinart.

Last edited:

ChiefsChick23

Sultana of Smartassery
Reaction score
I like to think in terms of what has to happen for the Cards to win--

simply put -- they have to have to be no worse than even on the turnover margin

If they win, it will be in a low scoring game. In spite of the 41 point showing against the 49ers, I beleive KC's offense is pedestrian. They scored those 41 points with all of 300 yards of total offense, and benefited from 4 SF turnovers, at least 3 of which could be put in the "unforced" category. The Cardinals need to make KC go long fields, and when they do get into the redzone, settle for field goals.

A matchup I like for the Cardinals is Berry and Okeafor vs KC's tackles. They have to either get pressure on Huard and/or force KC to keep additional people in to protect.

That being said -- the Cardinal offense will be pedestrian as well. With Denny sick of the turnovers and a rookie making his first start, expect Leinart to run a very conservative offensive game plan with an emphasis on dinks, dunks and check downs.

If the Cards win, it will be a 16-13 kinda score.

Finally, I think the one advantage the Cards have is in the "desperation" factor -- playing at home, absolutley needing a win vs a KC team that thinks all is well after a post bye week drubbing of the 49ers. It has all the makings of a "trap" game for KC -- a road, non conference game early in the season coming off of a big win -- and with the KC Star reporting that their defensive players are thrilled to be facing Matt Leinart.

I think this is a very good analysis - although, of course, as a Chiefs fan, I can't agree with the final score. I do think it'll be closer than many might think, however.

I would also add that this game is very important to us because even though it's non-conference, all of the AFC West teams play you, and therefore, if things get close (which is possible with three out of four teams - the Raiders, of course, are the worst team in the NFL this year), this game could be important to deciding who wins our division.

seesred

Reaction score
The Cards will win this Sunday mark my words. The defense will shut them down and allow no more than 13 points.

GBR

seesred

Reaction score
By the way all you folks from KC, do you have some cute little women there cause I wanna get me one! We are in Kansas city boys let's get drunk.

GBR

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kansas City will win this game because they are a better coached team. They will run the ball and run it some more, because THAT is what they do best.
We on the other hand will try to do things we don't do well, instead of doing what we do best. We will cosistantly put orselves in long 3rd down situations because we will want to "protect" Leinart.
I hope Leinart gets in the huddle, ala Jim McMahon and says, " That play sucks . Heres what we are going to do".

Truth is, we will know by the beginning of the 2nd quarter just how this game will turn out.
K.C.30
Cards 17

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chiefs 31

Cards 17

daytripper

All Star
Reaction score
IMHO this will be one of the most interesting games weve seen in years. Everyone in the organization is on the bubble from ownership on down.
THe old adage Its not if you win or lose it how you play the game, will ring true for both players and coaches.
We will finally see the offense that we should have been running all along. Slants and hitches, to set up the run. THe Az version of the West coast O.
Our D may surprise with favorable line matchups. Discipline will be key.
To Hell with the Kool Aid, Three Capn's on the rocks says:

Matts Crew 23
Squaws 17

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05