Offseason Wish List

WuRaider

Registered
Reaction score
1. Resign Amare to reasonable deal. If he demands the max, Kerr should tell him "Foo are you crazy, have you looked at any of the stat columns besides points?"

2. Convince Lou to sign for 1m. If he doesn't, oh well, more time to develop Earl.

3. Sign Dirk to the FULL MLE! Forget Frye.

Amare-Dirk-Dudley-Jrich-Nash

Hell Yeah!

AfroSuns

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1. Resign Amare to reasonable deal. If he demands the max, Kerr should tell him "Foo are you crazy, have you looked at any of the stat columns besides points?"

2. Convince Lou to sign for 1m. If he doesn't, oh well, more time to develop Earl.

Hell Yeah!

:mulli:You need to wake up :)

OP
OP
WuRaider

WuRaider

Registered
Reaction score
I apologize, I will now take my Jerry West GM cap off.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My wish list:

1. Continue to add better defensive pieces.
2. No more retooling that isn't enough get you over the hump
3. No more signing of aging Vets (see #2)
4. No more selling/trading/fire sale of draft picks

Manu4five

Veteran
Reaction score

Hell Yeah!

Yeah why not sign Dirk, LeBron and Bosh and forget about Fry or whats his name and then wake up :bang:

jandaman

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
SG/SF
- Prince
- Battier
To help with the perimeter defense

PF/C
- Lee
- Scola
- Haslem
To help with the interior defense or rebounding

Get 1 of each position players, in addition to keeping Stoudemire, signed to a reasonable contract, around 12-16 Million a year. If not Stoudemire, another key forward to help with inside scoring.

- Clark and Lopez to put on 20 pounds of muscles
- Dragic to improve his confidence and shooting further
- Barbosa to go back to his 6th man of the year shape... or get a servicable player for him via trade

- Nash and Hill to be healthy and come into the season same shape and well rested.

taz02

All Star
Reaction score
Keep this core together. We just went to the WCF,
that has to mean something is working.

1. Give Nash another year to mentor Dragic
2. Develop Clark
3. Use our assets to find a tough,long, aggressive rebounder as our sixth man instead of fry.

Let Fry walk (seems likely anyway) and use
the mle on someone. What about trading barbosa for a couple picks and a trade exemption then using that to pick someone up.

taz02

All Star
Reaction score
whats the deal on haslem? FA made 7 mil last year.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kelenna Azubuike is a guy I hope we target to replace Barbs if he is traded. He averaged 13.9 points and 4.6 rebounds and 1 block in 25.7 minutes. He also shot 37% from three. He's listed as a forward, but I imagine at 6'5" he's better suited as a 2 guard. He most likely played forward because Nellie likes to go small with a backcourt of Ellis and Curry.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Morrow from Golden State would be ideal for us, he is FA too. Probably the best pure shooter at shooting guard in the league.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Morrow from Golden State would be ideal for us, he is FA too. Probably the best pure shooter at shooting guard in the league.

This is getting realistic now. I like Morrow's shooting skills. As a person I don't know much about him. I keep mentioning Viktor Khrypa as well to play some PF. He should come reasonable.

PoolBoy

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
Trade LB
Hit Frye with something hard on his way out
Resign Amare
Sign Wade

CaptainInsano

Reaction score
Give amare the max
sign dirk, lebron, wade, bosh, and the entire trans-siberian orchestra.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think PHX really has no choice but to re-sign Amare. If I'm correct, we cannot sign anyone if Amare leaves unless it is the MLE or we go into LT range. Amare can be re-signed to a max due to the Bird Rights rule without putting us into luxury tax mode.

It looks like if Amare signs, that is the end of our offseason unless we deal Barbosa or J-Rich which I do not see happening until at least the trade deadline. If Frye leaves, we would need to find a replacement, I would think Travis Outlaw would be a low risk / high reward type of signing. He has the length, has range on his jump shot and given Frye type minutes could replace Frye without any drop off in production. Also a back up C to Lopez would be nice as I do not see Collins being brought back, maybe a guy like Amir Johnson.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I think PHX really has no choice but to re-sign Amare. If I'm correct, we cannot sign anyone if Amare leaves unless it is the MLE or we go into LT range. Amare can be re-signed to a max due to the Bird Rights rule without putting us into luxury tax mode.

It looks like if Amare signs, that is the end of our offseason unless we deal Barbosa or J-Rich which I do not see happening until at least the trade deadline. If Frye leaves, we would need to find a replacement, I would think Travis Outlaw would be a low risk / high reward type of signing. He has the length, has range on his jump shot and given Frye type minutes could replace Frye without any drop off in production. Also a back up C to Lopez would be nice as I do not see Collins being brought back, maybe a guy like Amir Johnson.

As much as it may be a risk, I think you'll see the team pick up Duane Jones' option for a chance to be a backup C.

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'd like to get Corey Brewer into a SUNS uniform somehow. He's been very good defensively since his rookie year but the light came on (somewhat)offensively last season where he shot a career best 43%FG and 35%3pt FG (82-237)
His numbers were better the second half of last season also.

We've got a similiar guy in Dudley but Brewer has developed into more of a 2 guard with great size(6'9" 190lbs) who has the quickness to guard other 2's.
IMO he'll continue to improve offensively.

Last edited:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Talking about backup centers I would like the Suns to draft former ASU center Eric Boateng in the second round of the NBA draft. He is extremely athletic and well worth the risk.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd like to get Corey Brewer into a SUNS uniform somehow. He's been very good defensively since his rookie year but the light came on (somewhat)offensively last season where he shot a career best 43%FG and 35%3pt FG (82-237)
His numbers were better the second half of last season also.

We've got a similiar guy in Dudley but Brewer has developed into more of a 2 guard with great size(6'9" 190lbs) who has the quickness to guard other 2's.
IMO he'll continue to improve offensively.

That guy has one of the funkiest releases I have seen but it's effective. I just don't know how the Suns are going to get any more pieces without making some trades.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I've posted this more than once but I think we try to target Sacramento, specifically Jason Thompson or Carl Landry. There is some indication they are looking to looking at Cousins in the draft and that would make one of these expendable.

Thompson is the anti-Amare. A not so gifted big who always plays hard and likes to rebound.

Landry is a mini-Amare. A scoring big man who shoots a high percentage from the field and line but doesn't rebound much.

Maybe we dangle Barbosa and ideally a thrown-in like Griffin for one of these two and Garcia ( a good shooter who can replace Barbs). Worst case scenario thrown in Clark.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've posted this more than once but I think we try to target Sacramento, specifically Jason Thompson or Carl Landry. There is some indication they are looking to looking at Cousins in the draft and that would make one of these expendable.

Thompson is the anti-Amare. A not so gifted big who always plays hard and likes to rebound.

Landry is a mini-Amare. A scoring big man who shoots a high percentage from the field and line but doesn't rebound much.

Maybe we dangle Barbosa and ideally a thrown-in like Griffin for one of these two and Garcia ( a good shooter who can replace Barbs). Worst case scenario thrown in Clark.

Not sure what we have in Clark. I would rather see what he can do before shipping him off in an offseason trade.

cly2tw

Reaction score

I like the idea of Garcia replacing LB a lot. Kings might have strong incentive to dump the long contract for a short one with comparable if not even more fitting skill sets. I don't believe they'd move either of Landry or Thompson even they draft Cousins. Thompson has a career bench big all over him. Every team could use this type of players. Landry is a much better rebounder than Amare, is just too small. But he could develop into a better version of David West if Kings feed him often enough, which is unlikely to happen with so many weapons already on their roster.