Offseason Wish List

krazyasiankid

Registered
Reaction score
1.Re-sign Amare

2. Use Barbs as trade bait to somehow move up into the first round of the draft.

3. Draft Dominique Jones.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Talking about backup centers I would like the Suns to draft former ASU center Eric Boateng in the second round of the NBA draft. He is extremely athletic and well worth the risk.

i'm sorry, and i hope this isn't offensive, but that dude just plain sucks crap.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
That guy has one of the funkiest releases I have seen but it's effective. I just don't know how the Suns are going to get any more pieces without making some trades.

agreed. love brewer coming outta college, but i don't see how we could possibly land him.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i'm sorry, and i hope this isn't offensive, but that dude just plain sucks crap.

Most later second round picks are long shots especially at #46 and #60. Maybe the Suns could even get Boateng at #60 or as a FA. Tall athletic centers do not grow on trees. His job for the Suns would be to play some defense, rebound, block some shots and run the floor. Of course I see potential where you see... well... he sucks. ;)

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Most later second round picks are long shots especially at #46 and #60. Maybe the Suns could even get Boateng at #60 or as a FA. Tall athletic centers do not grow on trees. His job for the Suns would be to play some defense, rebound, block some shots and run the floor. Of course I see potential where you see... well... he sucks. ;)
You have a strange definition of athletic. Boateng has awful hands and horrendous footwork, both of which are big part of being athletic. I don't care how tall you are, if you're 24 years old and can't catch the ball or make a post move you have no chance in the NBA.

If they want to bring him in for goodwill training camp slots that they usually give to a couple local players I'm all for it but if Boateng's on our roster we're screwed. Might as well bring in Glasser and Nic Wise if we're giving out charity cases to local kids.

Last edited:

hafey

Registered
Reaction score
As a native Phoenician without preference for ASU or U of A I can say, unequivocally, Boateng sucks. He was barely a Pac-10 player.

Irish

Registered
Reaction score
I don't know how bad LB's wrist injury was last season, but if he returns to his skill as a shooter, I kind of like having him around. If ths Suns get a killer offer, then fine; but he's a lot better than he showed last season.

I'm not sure what Fry will get in the free agent market. I was impressed with his growth as a defender late and wish he was a lot stronger. But his shooting in the Spurs series was crucial.

IMHO he could get a lot better, but I'm not prepared to overpay for privilage. I'm expecting he will get about $3 million a year, but the Suns won't get into a bidding war.

If Morrow is available, I really hope they go after him. (HoopsHype has him under contract for 2010-2011 but Patricia's doesn't)

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
My wishlist would be to replace Amare with Chandler and Tyrus Thomas if he leaves.

If he doesn't sign one of them for the full MLE although that is unlikely.

In the draft trade up or buy picks to get someone like Henry, Bledsoe, Whiteside, Alabi etc.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any thoughts about Drew Gooden. He was in draft with Amare and will be a FA. He has sort of been off my radar but I think he could be had for a reasonable salary. I think he would be cheaper version of Boozer and at least partially fill the void if Amare signs as a FA. The Suns could do worse at PF.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=1711

Irish

Registered
Reaction score
Any thoughts about Drew Gooden. He was in draft with Amare and will be a FA. He has sort of been off my radar but I think he could be had for a reasonable salary. I think he would be cheaper version of Boozer and at least partially fill the void if Amare signs as a FA. The Suns could do worse at PF.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=1711

Drew has never lived up to expectations, but he's been pretty good. If Amare goes, he might be worth having since he can score.

Manu4five

Veteran
Reaction score
You guys should sign Ian Mahinmi. He is a tall, active, athletic c who is still learning and should improve. Pop gave him very limited playing time and most Spurs fans wanted to see more of him. He is raw, commits mistakes and fouls too much so he would test everyones patience but he could be productive as a backup c. Most importantly he would be happy to sign with a good team for little money. In other words he is a low risk/potentially high reward center. I hope Spurs will re sign him but I don't see it happening.

Last edited:

Errntknght

Reaction score
One good thing about Mahinmi... at 6'11 & 230 lbs it doesn't appear he's too much like our last French frontcourt player. Playing in short stints his stats are pretty good but at that size he's probably never going to hold up for long minutes over a long season. I'd go along with the low risk part but not really big potential. Of course, if Lou leaves, as seems likely, we will be desperate for bigs and Mahinmi could probably fill Lou's shoes adequately. Statistically, equivalent rebounding, more scoring, less shotblocking... and probably less hustle.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
My wishlist would be to replace Amare with Chandler and Tyrus Thomas if he leaves.

In the draft trade up or buy picks to get someone like Henry, Bledsoe, Whiteside, Alabi etc.

Tyrus Thomas, LOL. That guy is awful. I like Tyson Chandler, but not as an Amare replacement--maybe more like a Lou replacement.

cly2tw

Reaction score

Still hanging on Tyrus after so long? :D

Irish

Registered
Reaction score
I think Tolliver would be a nice pick up. Hes not the answer on the boards, but he can score (13.4 ppg in Mar and 15.5 ppg in Apr)

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I would like to see the mavs sign amare for the MLE if he opts out. :D

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would like to see the mavs sign amare for the MLE if he opts out. :D

That's a good plan. I assume your reasoning is similar to the Nash/Dirk reunion but with the Mavs reuniting Amare with his good friend Marion?

Steve

Lorenzo

Reaction score
That's a good plan. I assume your reasoning is similar to the Nash/Dirk reunion but with the Mavs reuniting Amare with his good friend Marion?

Steve
well that is a point that I actually didn't think of...and was not my intent lol. but good on you for bringing that to my attention.

Eventhough I know the MLE thing is a joke in the first place....I was just being sarcastic in the fact that a player opting out of a 20 million dollar deal is not going to play for the MLE just because his friend plays on the team. If anything amare and dirk should both stay put...no matter what the figure is...because they probably aren't going to enjoy better success anywhere else without taking a sidekick role. I mean unless amare goes to N.O. I don't see him getting so many easy baskets because of his PG.

I guess both dirk and amare could walk on to a team with another star like d-wade or lebron...i think that would be more likely than phoenix or dallas landing one of the big projected free agents.. you never know....anything could happen. there's also a chance that we could see some unexpected trades as well with players that we never saw coming....

Last edited:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Tolliver would be a nice pick up. Hes not the answer on the boards, but he can score (13.4 ppg in Mar and 15.5 ppg in Apr)

Again I like Toliver but ESPN is showing him as a RFA.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Underrated by who? If a guy sucks, he sucks. And Tyrus Thomas sucks.

I wouldn't say he sucks. He'll have a career comparable to Stromile Smith; disapointing because of how high they were taken in the draft.