OJ Mayo is now a unrestricted free agent

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No one in their right mind can seriously consider taking on Johnson's contract. Esp with the new CBA and the crazy new luxury tax. That deal is the new Rashard Lewis deal (even though he was somehow traded twice...), but worse.

The Nets just gave expirings for Johnson plus they gave a lotto protected first. I guess there are still some people out there who are not in their right mind.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
The Nets just gave expirings for Johnson plus they gave a lotto protected first. I guess there are still some people out there who are not in their right mind.

I think you nailed it. The Nets are so obsessed with rebuilding around Deron Williams that they've pretty much lost their senses.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No one in their right mind can seriously consider taking on Johnson's contract. Esp with the new CBA and the crazy new luxury tax. That deal is the new Rashard Lewis deal (even though he was somehow traded twice...), but worse.

And this.

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Looks like OJ Mayo turned down the Boston mid level offer.

Alex Kennedy: Boston was zeroing in on O.J. Mayo, but he wanted more than the mid-level exception. Celtics couldn't afford Mayo so Jason Terry was Plan B.

I am still thinking Mayo maybe a good option at 7-8million a year 3/4year. If we can move Childress by next year it would still give us room to go after Harden.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like OJ Mayo turned down the Boston mid level offer.

Alex Kennedy: Boston was zeroing in on O.J. Mayo, but he wanted more than the mid-level exception. Celtics couldn't afford Mayo so Jason Terry was Plan B.

I am still thinking Mayo maybe a good option at 7-8million a year 3/4year. If we can move Childress by next year it would still give us room to go after Harden.

uh... wha? so, between this year and next year, you want us to spend probably upwards of 23 million dollars (8 million for Mayo, prob MAX for Harden) combined for two players who play the same exact position? that makes no sense whatsoever.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05