Once a VikesFan now an Outkast..

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by 100%CardsFan

BTW this is a Cardinals message board. :wave: :thumbup: :stupid:

With Dennis Green worshipping distractions, that have very little to do with reality.
:bang:

vikesfan

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Re: Re: Once a VikesFan now an Outkast..

Originally posted by wallyburger
With Dennis Green worshipping distractions, that have very little to do with reality.
:bang:
REALITY:

Two Coach of the Years in the NFL.
NCAA Coach of the Year.
SB winner.

Best record of his era.
9th best record in the HISTORY of the NFL.

No losing seasons for 9 straight years.

Made playoffs 8 out of those 9 years. Won 4 divisions.
Went to 2 NFC Finals and Divisional Final 3 straight years.

Had #1 and #6 defenses. #1 offense of ALL TIME. 15 win season.

That is reality and yes Wally he also happens to be black.

OP
OP
100%CardsFan

100%CardsFan

100% embarrassed
Reaction score
Re: wrong attitude!!!

Originally posted by Arvos
Please don't try to push people out because they don't agree with you or what your team is doing.

At games I always tell opposing fans to go home or get the hell out of AZ they are not welcome here (Especially after a few). Never has another teams fan got up out of their seat and said "Ok" and left. Same thing here I am just busting his balls a little bit cause he is not a Cards fan on a Cards Message board.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Once a VikesFan now an Outkast..

Originally posted by vikesfan

Had #1 and #6 defenses. #1 offense of ALL TIME. 15 win season.

Can I ask why is it you use yardage as a measure of a defense when it suits your purpose(like New England's defensive rank when they won the superbowl), but you use points as an offensive measure when it suits your purpose(like Minnesota's all time best offense)? That's just plain disingenuous VF.

Minnesota scored 556 points in '98, most in NFL history. But the Rams outgained them in yards in 99, 2000(over 7000) and 2001.

When you were discussing New England you tossed out as fact their defensive ranking using yards, which implies when you rank a team offensively or defensively you use yards. Now suddenly you want to use points again. Can you please let us know which stat is the true measure, yards or points?

FYI I completely disagree with this thread, VF has a perfect right to be here.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Once a VikesFan now an Outkast..

Another Racial commentary by O C B P B that will be denied by selective memory syndrome affliction.

Rams4evah

Veteran
Reaction score
The Cardinals are a fun team to follow because they are a lot like the Clippers, either they play great or they suck, week to week you never know. The comments on this board are funny and many people, but not 100%Cardsfan, actaully know about football. I'm glad Vikesfan is here, and just as I'll never be a Cardinals fan, I'm curios if Green will actually pull a Dusty and turn this pathetic franchise around. It amazes me that you all bag on people who actually might start liking the Cardinals. Aren't you the same people who bitch about only 10.4 people showing up for each home game? Geesh...

vikesfan

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Re: Once a VikesFan now an Outkast..

Originally posted by wallyburger
Another Racial commentary by O C B P B that will be denied by selective memory syndrome affliction.
Sounds like you live in denial.
DG is black he has helped the development of black coaches in the NFL. He is a historical figure in the game. Wasn't he the first modern black coach? How is that racial Wally. Why do you label that racial? Ask Dungy and Willingham what they think. And Dungy begat Edwards. Reality Wally reality.

Russ both measures are used in football one measure is not better then the other. Both are legitimate indicators of team performance.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This tread is bogus!

Fortunately vikingsfan has a good sense of humor or I would have already locked it out.

jf-08

chohan
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Rams4evah
The Cardinals are a fun team to follow because they are a lot like the Clippers, either they play great or they suck, week to week you never know. The comments on this board are funny and many people, but not 100%Cardsfan, actaully know about football. I'm glad Vikesfan is here, and just as I'll never be a Cardinals fan, I'm curios if Green will actually pull a Dusty and turn this pathetic franchise around. It amazes me that you all bag on people who actually might start liking the Cardinals. Aren't you the same people who bitch about only 10.4 people showing up for each home game? Geesh...

You are not giving the Clippers enough credit.

We are more like the Washington Generals.

Lex

troublemaker
Reaction score
I was "once a Vikes fan" now a Cardinal fan, growing up watching Eller, Page, and Marshall With Bud Grant at the helm.

Then I moved to Arizona, and when we got the Cardinals, I got season tickets, and they've been the Viqueens to me ever since.

I find opinions valuable whether I agree with them or not. Vikefan has brought insight into Denny Green from experience.

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
I have issue with Vikesfan b/c he admitted hahasnt seen the Cards play except 1 game yet makes comments about the players as if he were the position coach.

Maybe it is just me, but I cant really give a lot of creditbility to posts like that. Anyone can look up stats on ESPN.com.

Having said that though, I am not sure why its abig deal he posts here. We have gone at it a few times, but its all good 'back-and-forth' and he seems fairly knowledgeable outside of Cardinals football :D

jstadvl

R U gonna B My Girl
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
this one

has taken some strange turns.
Vikesfan doesn't cheapen the board with his posts. He has admitted his Cards, D.G., Vikes triad and handles most things with a good sense of humor.
Some of us need to lighten up a bit.
100% is a good guy, from what I know of him.
Easy Tigers.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Once a VikesFan now an Outkast..

Russ both measures are used in football one measure is not better then the other. Both are legitimate indicators of team performance.

Oh I agree I just find it odd that you chose to say NE only had the xth rated defense (using yards) and now are using points to define an offense. IMHO points are far and away more telling and I completely agree the 98 Vikings had the best scoring offense in NFL history. I won't say best ever because I don't believe in comparing across eras.

I just think you have to be really clear when you make a statement about a team offense or defense, you have to say X based on yards or based on points, to explain what you're really saying. And if you just say #1 offense or defense, you should be consistent and only use points or only use yards. When you flip flop which you're using, it becomes deceptive IMHO.

PErsonally I think you should be allowed here, I took far more heat on the Broncos board last year for my take on Jake Plummer than you have here, but very few people there ever suggested I wasn't welcome, and I don't recall anybody ever starting a thread saying I shouldn't be there.

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Once a VikesFan now an Outkast..

Wasn't he the first modern black coach?

I think the first Black head coach in the NFL was Art Shell with the Raiders.

I am not sure what a "modern black coach" is. :confused:

BTW vikesfan I enjoy your posts from time to time. Even if you are a troll!

j/k :D

vikesfan

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Originally posted by LVCARDFREAK
I have issue with Vikesfan b/c he admitted hahasnt seen the Cards play except 1 game yet makes comments about the players as if he were the position coach.

Maybe it is just me, but I cant really give a lot of creditbility to posts like that. Anyone can look up stats on ESPN.com.

Having said that though, I am not sure why its abig deal he posts here. We have gone at it a few times, but its all good 'back-and-forth' and he seems fairly knowledgeable outside of Cardinals football :D

I do with the Cards the same things we all do with the draft picks. We haven't seen them play but we have a feel for them. Ditto FAs we haven't seen all of them play. So how do we judge we look at stats and breakdowns by professionals and what fans say about them.

I do that with the Cards. Like I said the first thing I have based things on is what people here say about players (but opinions here are varied so it's hard to judge). So people swear by Shipp/Josh/McKinnon/Pace etc others don't. I am trusting you guys on Shelton that was pretty unanimous. Otherwise I go by as much info as I can get and "feel"

OP
OP
100%CardsFan

100%CardsFan

100% embarrassed
Reaction score

Rams suck.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Lex
I was "once a Vikes fan" now a Cardinal fan, growing up watching Eller, Page, and Marshall With Bud Grant at the helm.

Then I moved to Arizona, and when we got the Cardinals, I got season tickets, and they've been the Viqueens to me ever since.

Amen to that. Support the Cards 100%. :thumbup:

For vikesfan and other split loyalty fans, what percentage of a Cards' fan are you? 10%...25%...49%? :rolleyes:

Go Cardinals. Period. :cool:

OP
OP
100%CardsFan

100%CardsFan

100% embarrassed
Reaction score
Re: this one

Originally posted by jstadvl
has taken some strange turns.
Vikesfan doesn't cheapen the board with his posts. He has admitted his Cards, D.G., Vikes triad and handles most things with a good sense of humor.
Some of us need to lighten up a bit.
100% is a good guy, from what I know of him.
Easy Tigers.

Thanks Jst, Its the offseason everyone is cranky.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Aren't you the same people who bitch about only 10.4 people showing up for each home game? Geesh...

These last two seasons have likely brought down the home attendance average, but before that...for all the years the Cards have been here - average home game attendance was just shy of 48,000 (which is the figure used to determine how many to guarantee at the new stadium in Glendale). Slightly more than 10.4 people. :rolleyes:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
look, i take point w/ most of what vikesfan says, and i honestly believe he is deranged. however, that said, he's never gone postal, never threatened anyone w/ bodily harm, and offers a wacky alternative viewpoint. i say, vive le vikesfan.

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
I do with the Cards the same things we all do with the draft picks. We haven't seen them play but we have a feel for them. Ditto FAs we haven't seen all of them play. So how do we judge we look at stats and breakdowns by professionals and what fans say about them.

I do that with the Cards. Like I said the first thing I have based things on is what people here say about players (but opinions here are varied so it's hard to judge). So people swear by Shipp/Josh/McKinnon/Pace etc others don't. I am trusting you guys on Shelton that was pretty unanimous. Otherwise I go by as much info as I can get and "feel"

See thats the difference though.

If I havent seen a potential draft pick play I dont comment on him (see any Mike Williams thread. I havent seen him play much so I neither hype him nor rail against him)

You on the other hand never have a problem saying Pace and Johnson are busts, yet you have never seen them play or no very little about them.

Had you said the jury is still out, or maybe they can pick it up a notch this year, or they need to play better-sure fine, I can live with that as I would agree as well.But to walk in having never seen them play and say "They are busts" is down right ridiculous.

You have this notion just b/c DG didnt like the trade down last year (which I as well didint like) that somehow if these 2 guys succeed it will be thrown up like DG didint know what he was talking about. Funny, you seem to be defending a future possibility instead of the facts...hahahaha

All I am saying is quit talking like you have any idea how these 2 guys performed last year and if wait until they at least get through their 2nd year before saying they are busts....oh and yeah, try and actually watch them play!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05