OT: Michael Vick wants to own a dog

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:bang:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5922161

Michael Vick wants to own a dog

Michael Vick, who was banned by the judge who sentenced him on dogfighting charges from ever owning another dog, says he misses being a dog owner and would like to have one as a pet someday.

Vick My daughters miss having one, and that's the hardest thing: Telling them that we can't have one because of my actions.
” -- Michael Vick

The Philadelphia Eagles quarterback, interviewed by NBC News and the website TheGrio.com, said he and his family miss having a dog. He said he wants to show people that he can be a responsible pet owner and that he would not take the opportunity for granted.

"I would love to get another dog in the future. I think it would be a big step for me in the rehabilitation process," Vick said, according to NBC News and TheGrio.com. The full interview was scheduled to be shown on TheGrio.com on Wednesday......

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5922161

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
and in unrelated news,..........reports from the California state penal system say that long term inmate Charles Manson really wants to start a new fan club....................

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What kind of rehab process is he referring to? Is he still working on what he did was wrong?

Is there still a chance he convinces himself it is okay to go back to dog-fighting?

:confused:

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What kind of rehab process is he referring to? Is he still working on what he did was wrong?
I'm sure it's a process of re-learning the value of an animal's life. Re-learning what it means to be compassionate and empathetic. I think dog-fighting is the symptom of a larger problem.

I know it'll be an unpopular opinion, but I'm not sure I'd have a problem with him owning a dog--especially if it was a cute, cuddly golden or something far removed from the pit bull breed (I think that'd help him to see dogs differently). He'd be under SUCH scrutiny that there's no way he could even get away with pulling on the leash too hard.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm sure it's a process of re-learning the value of an animal's life. Re-learning what it means to be compassionate and empathetic. I think dog-fighting is the symptom of a larger problem.

I know it'll be an unpopular opinion, but I'm not sure I'd have a problem with him owning a dog--especially if it was a cute, cuddly golden or something far removed from the pit bull breed (I think that'd help him to see dogs differently). He'd be under SUCH scrutiny that there's no way he could even get away with pulling on the leash too hard.
Re-learning? How long does that take? Seems kind of silly.

Judge: Don't do any of this again?

Vick (as played by Mulli): Okay. Done. Thanks, Your Honor.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score

Have the judge put a three pound weight limit on the dog........Mike would look so compassionate carrying his little yorkie to practice.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've seen psychiatry and counseling help a lot of people. I don't see why Vick's case ought to be any different.
Because it is dog-fighting/financing gambling on it and all that.

Not really comparable to substance abuse, But I suppose it might be kind of like people who get into fights and/or abuse women.

But still. :)

Ok, I see what you are saying now.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
I dont see what the big deal is. It was an honest answer to a direct question.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just because he fought dogs doesnt mean he hates dogs or hated his own, I see nothing wrong with him owning a dog. Make him get a yorkshire terrier or some other non violent dog.

OP
OP
Southpaw

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ummmm............

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/18048882/detail.html

print

Feds: Vick Personally Killed 7 Dogs By Hanging, Drowning

Posted: 10:11 am EST November 24, 2008Updated: 10:25 am EST November 24, 2008
ATLANTA -- On the eve of a critical court appearance, new information has surfaced about Michael Vick.

Federal investigators, responding to a Freedom of Information Act request by WSB-TV's Scott MacFarlane, have revealed Vick personally killed at least seven of his fighting dogs by hanging or drowning. They also revealed Vick failed police polygraph tests in which he denied killing animals. And the federal paperwork said Vick decided to start his dogfighting ring just days after being drafted by the Atlanta Falcons in 2001.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No freaking way he should be allowed to own a dog. That should have been a requirement written into his parole.

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
My dog just heard this and she said she'd hate to be that dog.

Attachments

• 01010104.jpg
    01010104.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 137
OP
OP
Southpaw

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
Southpaw

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why is this in the Cards' forum?

:)
dcr.gif

Why is Ketchup vs. Catsup in P & R? :D

Besides, if Michael Vick could not run, throw and score, very few people would care about his "unfair" sentence and sanctions. I labeled it OT, but if it is inappropriately posted the Mods should move it or take it down.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why is Ketchup vs. Catsup in P & R? :D

Besides, if Michael Vick could not run, throw and score, very few people would care about his "unfair" sentence and sanctions. I labeled it OT, but if it is inappropriately posted the Mods should move it or take it down.
Sorry, I missed OT:...

Judges accept your forum choice.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Vick is not the only dogfighter , probably in your AZ neighborhood. I never liked it but knew it was happening, just like chicken fighting. many breedss were developed just for fighting other dogs( the Chow Chow) and bulls.

But no they get caught the don't get to have a dog in America, but it is plenty legal in other countries. lil girl fighting on the other hand is becoming more popular in the US, Ali and such.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05