OT - What High School Did you go to?

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
For the most part I was in the Scottsdale Unified School District. Aside for a couple months at Gilbert high school in fall of 1992 (3rd week of school until november) and the last two months of my junior year at North Canyon HS, I was entirely schooled at Tonto (was across the street from Coronado High school until it closed), 5th and 6th grade at Pima, the 7th and 8th at Supai, and other than what I said above the rest of the time at Coronado.

So Coronado High School class of '96

I see there are bunch of others that went there. Thats cool, so BIM you were one of the HS punks across the street when I was at Tonto :)

Brian in Mesa said:
Coronado High, Scottsdale, AZ - Class of '89

Same school as the Bob Chebat!

:thumbup:

jefftheshark said:
Coronado High manly frightin' Dons a decade before BIM.

The Shark

CatBoxBackFan said:
CHS Grad of 77, State Football Champs of 76

DieHardCardFan said:
Coronado High - Scottsdale - Class of 1992

Although I got kicked out in 89 and went to jail and got my GED. I still went to the ten year reunion and was appointed to plan a 15 year instead of waiting for the 20 year.

That reunion was a friggin blast! Never thought I would go but man I will never miss one! All the nerdy chics got hot as hell!

nurnay said:
Freshman year - Scottsdale High (it closed after that year)
Coronado High, class of 1986

Background on Coronado. Was the highschool used in Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure. (I live right nearby so I saw them shooting scenes)

Also, a Disney movie called 'Not Quite Human'

There were also some more...It seemed like every year or two I see movie vans and such filiming. I just can't remember the names of the other movies.

I hear they want to rebuild it, I hope at least they keep that mural on the auditorium.

It was a GREAT sports school. Always top notch when I was a kid up through when I graduated. But for some reason a year or two later it started sucking, and hasn't regained it's status. The baseball team is still pretty good, but Coronado used to be awesome at most sports. Tons of banners in the gym.

I never would have guessed so many people here (just who have responded) went there. :thumbup:

This may sound like a stupid question but who is Bob Chebat? I googled it, and got azprosports (did he operate the old forum from a few years back?)
Also it seems he does a sports column? Clarification?

Last edited:

CatBoxBackFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
CardsFan88 said:
Background on Coronado. Was the high school used in Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure. (I live right nearby so I saw them shooting scenes)

Also, a Disney movie called 'Not Quite Human'

There were also some more...It seemed like every year or two I see movie vans and such filming. I just can't remember the names of the other movies.

Also the cult classic Just One of the Guys

Yes,they're tearing it all down except the gym and the football stadium one building at a time and building new ones at the same time on the other side of the campus

Go Dons

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
CatBoxBackFan said:
Also the cult classic Just One of the Guys

Yes,they're tearing it all down except the gym and the football stadium one building at a time and building new ones at the same time on the other side of the campus

Go Dons

Ha Ha...sweet, the fight song...that's downloaded :)

I hadn't heard or read when it was taking place. But since I still live nearby I always drive past it. They've recently cordoned off the tennis courts, and baseball field areas with a fence and green tarp. I thought they might be doing something, but it didn't hit me that the construction will probably begin soon.

So where are they building the new stuff....right there at the tennis and baseball fields? That's what I'm thinking. Unless they do something with the student parking lot or softball field.

Any word if the auditorium will be saved, or the famous mural?

I guess if they build the new building on the miller road side, they will place the baseball fields more on the other side. where the 100, 200 building, etc are now?

It's kinda sad that almost every scottsdale school I've been to has now either been torn down, or going to be rebuilt (tonto, supai, and now coronado). Only pima remains. That stuff ain't supposed to happen until your like 50, not 26 361/365 years old (4 days from 27!!!!!!!!!!!)

Thanx for the info

edit: Just drove by it, and yes there is a crane chopping up the tennis courts right now....so groundbreaking has begun I guess.

Last edited:

sLanidRaC

Rookie
Reaction score
Not slanidrac16 ;O)/

Kofa H.S. Yuma, Az '87 - '88
Catalina H.S. Tucson, Az '89 - '90

:shrug:

studiovx

Registered
Reaction score
Here you go...

Bagdad (Az.) High School (very small)
Class of '84
The Mighty Sultans

Funny note - We used to be called the "Thieves" and one of our rivals back in the 1950's was Yuma High School, who are the "Criminals". :cool:

That's a riot.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05