Our uni's 2 years later. How ya feelin??

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Just thought I'd toss that question to you guys to see what you thought about em after having a chance to get used to them. I like them a lot more now than I did at first. Edge having us break out the black cleats has also been a pretty nice change that I was initially against. I still don't like our number font and I wouldn't mind seeing a few combo switch ups this year, but overall I'm pleased with the change and getting more and more accustomed to them and less nostalgic for the old ones. On another note, the Vikings uni's actually look better than I thought they would as well.

studiovx

Registered
Reaction score
Still great.

The only thing I'd change is to have red on red.

Jttsaz

#40 Never Forget
Reaction score
I love them...would still love to see a red facemask..or even black

Bobcat

Reaction score
How about black helments with read face masks, and black and red uniforms to reflect the style we have now. I know that some of you will say that that is to close to the Atlanta Falcons uniforms, but so what our uniforms qwould out calss theirs.

BOBCAT

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like them, except for when they wear the red pants with the red jerseys.

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
green machine said:
I don't know if that's ever happened.
I thought they had, but the only pictures I can find of it are either from practices or when they first unveiled them.

ishbin

Rookie
Reaction score
they haven't done it in a game yet. i like the look so i have been waiting for it to happen.

HooverDam

Reaction score
Meh, the old unis are better, very classic. Also the new logo just makes me laugh, mostly because it looks like the Bidwills hired a graphic designer, he importer the old logo into his computer and hit "italics" and "bold" and then said "Ok, pay me for a new logo!"

Codeofhammurabi

Cards Fan Since 1971
Reaction score
Love the new uni's. They will look great this year during a long playoff run.

ANDY440

Registered
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
My favorite is the white on white from the St Louis days.We wore them on the Sunday nite game against the Rams a few years ago.

TruColor

Trombonist in Roger Goodell's Wedding Rcpt.
Reaction score
It's hard for me to judge since I've been so obsessed with them changing since around 1972.

However, I'm still on board with them. Still not completely convinced about the logo on the back neck, but it is a new trend that the Vikings are also now doing this season. I understand that because of the current sleeve lengths, there really isn't much room for logos on the sleeves.

I'm still hoping for (the one change that I have wanted more than anything else for the past 36 years) a Red or Black facemask. Now, the old-school masks look even MORE out-of-place...with the modern uniform design and the modern stadium.

As far as the logo goes - perfect. It's enough of a modernization that it fits with the new direction, yet the Average Joe (who could care less about logos) wouldn't even notice the change. They're still the CARDINALS.

When you look at the two logos side-by-side though, there's a HUGE difference:

You must be registered for see images

Mark Verlander (of Verlander Design) did himself proud on this one. IMO.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like them but will look forward to the day they where the old uniform like most clubs do once a year.
I hate to say this , but the new bird makes the old bird look...well...kinda dorky.

gusmahler

Registered
Reaction score
PANTONE194C said:
As far as the logo goes - perfect. It's enough of a modernization that it fits with the new direction, yet the Average Joe (who could care less about logos) wouldn't even notice the change. They're still the CARDINALS.

I think they're more noticeable than that. I have two Cardinals baseball hats: a red one with the old logo and a white one with the new logo. I've been wearing the white one more often. But today, I wore the red one with the old logo. My 5 year old daughter immediately noticed the difference (and they weren't side to side). She asked me why the Cardinal has a shorter beak than the other hat. So I explained the logo change to her.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I really like the new uni's as long as they don't do the red on red. I was watching the Louisville Cardinals last week & they had the black jerseys with I believe red numbers. I definitely liked the black jersey & wouldn't mind if the Cardinals occasionally tried that look. I've been watching the Cardinals since the early 60's, so my favorite uni is still the red jersey with white pants.

artp

Registered
Reaction score
ANDY440 said:
My favorite is the white on white from the St Louis days.We wore them on the Sunday nite game against the Rams a few years ago.

I like the new Uni's, but love the old Jim Hart White on White.
I hate Red on Red.

nurnay

whatever
Reaction score
I like them for the most part, particularly the new logo. I don't like the stripes on the pants, though.

bratwurst

on double secret probation
Reaction score
I really miss the classic simplistic red jerseys of the old uniforms. So basic. I was watching the first half of the Penn State and ND game today, and was thinking of how great those uniforms are, so basic, no names on the back, etc. I really like the old classic stuff with regards to uniforms. I like our new stuff but they are quite busy for my taste.

Related in a way...

I have a feeling that the days of wearing white at home are gone now that we have AC. Kind of bums me out.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
bratwurst said:
I really miss the classic simplistic red jerseys of the old uniforms. So basic. I was watching the first half of the Penn State and ND game today, and was thinking of how great those uniforms are, so basic, no names on the back, etc. I really like the old classic stuff with regards to uniforms. I like our new stuff but they are quite busy for my taste.

Related in a way...

I have a feeling that the days of wearing white at home are gone now that we have AC. Kind of bums me out.
I never liked the white uni's at home. During their better seasons in the 60's, 70's & 80's, I always remember the red jerseys at home. Whether it was Charlie Johnson, Jim Hart or Neil Lomax, they always seemed more potent in red.

justAndy

Jolly Nihilist
Reaction score
The all white makes the O line look like they're wearing giant diapers.
Red on red makes me think Daredevil (blind Black superhero).
White pants red shirts is the best compromise.
I don't own ANY new logo gear - still waiting for the old stuff to wear out.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
as an outsider my opinion remains what it has - overall they look pretty good - i like what they did with the logo - i do not like the logo on top of the neck, with pads it often gets obscured and on fans looks a little dorky

however, I do agree about the lack of sleeve space - i have a seahawks new replica and the logo is smaller than the reebok insigna

i had mixed emotions when the hawk mixed it up, but now whenever I see the old bird on merchandise it just looks sad and worn down - i still love the old wrap helmet (which they kind of kept) and really miss the old wrap sleeve

other than that I've really grown to like the seahawks look, the numbering, etc - plus all their merchandise (hats, t-shirts, polos, etc) look 100x better with the new logo

You must be registered for see images attach

although looking at some of this stuff really has me jonesing for a seahawks throwback game this year - hasn't happened yet since the switch - thankfully I'm scheduled to get my largent jersey delivered this week