Pacers @ Suns 1-19-16

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Pacers play at the Suns tonight with a 7 p.m. Arizona start time.

Here are the projected starting lineups:

C: Tyson Chandler … Ian Mahinmi

PF: Markieff Morris … Lavoy Allen

SF: P.J. Tucker … Paul George

SG: Devin Booker … Monta Ellis

PG: Brandon Knight … George Hill or Glenn Robnson III

Key Pacers reserves: C.J. Miles, Jordan Hill, Glenn Robinson III, Solomon Hill, Chase Budinger.

Key Pacers injuries: Rodney Stuckey (right foot sprain) is out; George Hill (personal reasons) and Ian Mahinmi (sore left heel) are questionable.

The Suns reportedly had a two-and-a-half hour practice to address their defensive woes.

http://www.azcentral.com/story/spor...acers-trying-bowl-over-phoenix-suns/79017494/

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Tucker and Morris starting again. SMH.

Oh well, Go SUNS! or wait, we want to tank,,, ummm go Booker? Go young player development! lol :)

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tucker and Morris starting again. SMH.

Oh well, Go SUNS! or wait, we want to tank,,, ummm go Booker? Go young player development! lol :)

I think McDonough is working on trades involving these players and more before the trade deadline. Hopefully the Suns will choose their path after these moves are made. For Hornacek's sake, I hope he is involved in this juggling match with the endorsement of the Suns front office. Maybe the Suns reward him by picking up his option for next season. It's hard for me to believe Hornacek is really trying to win with these rotations.

FArting

Lopes Up!
Reaction score
Play hard for the full 48 minutes whether we are losing or winning
Effort and execution for the full 48 minutes

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Devin Booker has been the only player worth watching in the 1st half with 14 points (5-6) and 2 assists. Warren played only played 3 minutes in the half and was scoreless.

Catlover

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Devin Booker has been the only player worth watching in the 1st half with 14 points (5-6) and 2 assists. Warren played only played 3 minutes in the half and was scoreless.

If Booker adds some strength, some experience and develops that killer instinct he's going to be one of the game's best. But even if all he adds is strength and experience, he'll still be one of the better scoring guards in the league. I love his team first attitude but he defers to other players more than he should. Late in that half he had a great look at a 3 and gave it up to Tele instead (who also had a good look) but that's the kind of shot he needs to take IMO.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
You know you're bad when other teams don't even take any joy from kicking your ...

sent from a fone

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Booker adds some strength, some experience and develops that killer instinct he's going to be one of the game's best. But even if all he adds is strength and experience, he'll still be one of the better scoring guards in the league. I love his team first attitude but he defers to other players more than he should. Late in that half he had a great look at a 3 and gave it up to Tele instead (who also had a good look) but that's the kind of shot he needs to take IMO.

I agree that Booker can be one of the game's best. A lot of Suns players are putting up outside shots (mostly missing) while Booker is open. If Booker could play PG... watch out. I think it is a possibility down the road.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Knight is just awful. Ship him and Kieff out asap.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What happened to Warren?

Markieff is out with a strained shoulder.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Pacers with a hand off in-bounds which could have given the Suns a chance to tie the game being down by 3. The referee missed it.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Warren only getting 3 minutes with Leuer out plus Markieff and Teletovic both going down, doesn't make sense.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I found a couple of interesting tweets by Paul Coro:

Paul Coro ‏@paulcoro 31m31 minutes ago

Suns managing partner Robert Sarver came to midcourt to have a replay shown on the arena video board of the final sequence.

Paul Coro ‏@paulcoro 1h1 hour ago

Mirza Teletovic (left ankle sprain) will not return. T.J. Warren (right doghouse) might not return.

The above tweets may help explain why Warren did not play more.

It appears Robert Sarver is not the only one concerned by the hand off pass in the final sequence but I don't see how any good can come from it (exposing the referees).

https://twitter.com/paulcoro

Sci Fi

All Star
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
So how are you'all liking this team?

Bledsoe's great isn't he?

Oops. Sorry! He's can't play. Will he ever play a full season?

Missed out on Pau, huh? I thought he was done. All NBA after all the know it all's said he was done. (And that's basically everyone).

I could go on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and, on but why?

Phraz (the lover of discourse, ha!), Cheese, Chaz. What a joke.

You all deserve this team!

Suns fans deserve what they have.

Sarver is smarter than his fans! Hard to believe cause he's a fool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Know nothings that know-it-all.

HAhahahahahhahhhah! (BCS excepted, he's pretty smart, but likes big guy too much).

Last edited: