Panthers at Cards 9/11/2001

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It was a shoulder and delivered why he was throwing. Then you have Chad Pennigton saying it is hitting a defenseless player. WTF? Have they all lost their minds?

ROFL...I agree 1000% i am totally dumbfounded. That was a play that happens 1000 times a sunday from 5th grade to NFL. HORRIFIC Call that cost us 7 points and the NFL will defend it with some ass reversed logic like they always do.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
he didnt even launch...i dont know what play u r watching but im rewinding it now...he ran straigt through him...

plus the refs are suppose to explain the call if it is a new rule so the fans understand. They just said UNeccessary roughness....so it was a bad call period!

left his feet

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No sports center tonight. Even if the Cards manage to win, all the highlights will be of Newton.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
he didnt even launch...i dont know what play u r watching but im rewinding it now...he ran straigt through him...

plus the refs are suppose to explain the call if it is a new rule so the fans understand. They just said UNeccessary roughness....so it was a bad call period!

Agreed and the you are correct the refs never mentioned launching or blow to the head. Just said roughing the passer.

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Bad call IMO, but still, PP is getting worked by Smith hard. And Cam Newton is playing smart. It'll be an interesting 2nd half.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
The called offense has been good, Beanies fumbling, Roberts penalty, Feeley missing a chip shot in my opinion...this is on the players and not the coach here. On defense, it is on the coach because Carolina beats us everytime during the season with Steve Smith. I have a simple halftime adjustment- DOUBLE SMITH

NYCARDS

Registered
Reaction score
Doing my best to watch this on game center and didnt see the "bad call" but never mind that. Shouldnt this team be able to put up more than 7 pts in a half? We know the D is going to get scored on but 7 pts a half isnt going to cut it against any team.

Buckybird

Reaction score
The called offense has been good, Beanies fumbling, Roberts penalty, Feeley missing a chip shot in my opinion...this is on the players and not the coach here. On defense, it is on the coach because Carolina beats us everytime during the season with Steve Smith. I have a simple halftime adjustment- DOUBLE SMITH

We dont have the horses on D IMO. 3 DC's same results. It's the guys playing & they suck!!!

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
one half of football down, and the panic is setting in already????? I love this site.

The first half of football this season and the Cards have already managed to cram in all the crazy things they do every year. I love this football team.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I must admit that the OL is playing much better than I thought that they would. It actually looks like a pretty good performance by them.

Not Levi, he's been beaten twice for sacks and on that one 20 yard catch by Fitz he didn't even block Johnson who nearly got Kolb.

Buckybird

Reaction score
Doing my best to watch this on game center and didnt see the "bad call" but never mind that. Shouldnt this team be able to put up more than 7 pts in a half? We know the D is going to get scored on but 7 pts a half isnt going to cut it against any team.

Cards have to win 31-27...anything changed? Nope

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
left his feet

Again it's not against the rules to leave your feet, you can jump to try and bat the pass and I'm not convinced Marshall didn't get a piece of that throw.

Launching is supposed to mean launching to hit the QB, that's not waht Marshall did.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
We need a win, I say this because I'm a Cardinal fan. And I would not care who the Panthers were playing today, I would want them to lose after seeing Newton looking around chewing gum during the National Anthem where everyone else is showing respect...and we are letting this punk beat us with leaving Smith one on one with a rookie

Buckybird

Reaction score
The first half of football this season and the Cards have already managed to cram in all the crazy things they do every year. I love this football team.

I dont even get ypset anymore...I just accept the fact our D will always suck & we'll have to win scoring 30+ & that might not be good enough :bang:

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
3 man rush and 2 of them pressure our QB, my conclusion Russ Grimm is an awesome coach.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05