Phoenix, Seattle Closing in on Deal?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
sly fly said:
First of all, I didn't know they had camp for ballboys at Duke. Secondly, I have a strange feeling you're one of those slow, unathletic, and white "shooting" guards.

I just had to get that in.

ironically, you're exactly right! even more ironically, cheese is a pure shooter with range. his rec game epitomizes redick's. i am really not joking. maybe it's his familiarity w/ redick's game that causes the uninspired response to the possibility of drafting redick . . .

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sly fly said:
First of all, I didn't know they had camp for ballboys at Duke. Secondly, I have a strange feeling you're one of those slow, unathletic, and white "shooting" guards.

I just had to get that in.

1. Solid attempt at being funny. But yes, I did attend Duke basketball camp for two summers.

2. That strange feeling is EXACTLY right. You put a good defensive player on me and I suck ass. You leave me open and I'm gonna drill you between the eyes every time, doesn't matter where from. I'm the pickup version of Redick and just like him, you put someone who can stick with me, which ain't hard, and I'm useless.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
cheesebeef said:
1. Solid attempt at being funny. But yes, I did attend Duke basketball camp for two summers.

2. That strange feeling is EXACTLY right. You put a good defensive player on me and I suck ass. You leave me open and I'm gonna drill you between the eyes every time, doesn't matter where from. I'm the pickup version of Redick and just like him, you put someone who can stick with me, which ain't hard, and I'm useless.

scary. even look at the post times . . . really scary.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
and Ouchie and I share the same brain... as usual. I don't want the NBA version of ME on our team. I know how much of a liability I can be on the court and JJ's gonna have the same problem on the other level.

I can't wait for some idiot to now say that I'm saying I'm as good as JJ Redick.. you know it's coming.

sly fly

Devil Me This
Reaction score
cheesebeef said:

Hey, Cheese. Go grab me my Gatorade.

:D

F-Dog

lurker
Reaction score
Talking about J.J. Redick for five pages...what a waste of bandwith. :lol:

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
cheesebeef said:
and Ouchie and I share the same brain... as usual. I don't want the NBA version of ME on our team. I know how much of a liability I can be on the court and JJ's gonna have the same problem on the other level.

I can't wait for some idiot to now say that I'm saying I'm as good as JJ Redick.. you know it's coming.

It would be great for trash talking. I think Kobe would find someone to hate even more than Raja.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sly fly said:
Hey, Cheese. Go grab me my Gatorade.

okay - that one I don't get.

Sidenote - highlite of my "illustrious" career - Duke basketball camp, summer 1992, Coach K makes one of his few appearances while the games are going on and I'm having a pretty good game, but as it comes down to the last shot, with 1 second left, I hit a three from the corner to win it. Coach K walks by at that moment and with a smile says, "Nice shot." Yeah, I cherish that little nugget, nothing like having the greatest college coach of all time actually see you do ANYTHING good, much less, hit a game winner.

That being said, that camp freaking sucked. His asst. Coach did most of the work and was a total piece of crap - was his name Pete Guadet, or something like that? Stcoky guy, who took over that one year when Coach K went out halfway through the year. My friends and I who attended the camp all called each other KNEW Duke was finished for the season and they were. If he couldn't get 14-18 year olds to listen to him, there was no way he was gonna get college kids to. Coach K - for as little time as he spent there always COMMANDED respect, just by his very presence. I always hate Duke, but I respect the hell out of that program just because of him.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Assface said:
It would be great for trash talking. I think Kobe would find someone to hate even more than Raja.

That's true. I would probably consider myself more a combo of a Danny Ainge, with Redick's unathleticism because I can tend to be kind of dirty as well. As far as I'm concerned, Ainge's greatest two moments for the Suns had nothing to do with shooting, it was pegging Mario Elie in the face with the basketball after Game 3 in 1994 from 50 feet away and biting Chris Dudley's leg in a regualr season game in 1995.

Classic.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
I know what's more laughable - a Duke fan really try and claim Redick had no help or the playing of race card. Um, how about Shelden Williams, an NBA lottery pick and one of the best big men in the country? Or the aforementioned Luol Deng, Chris Duhon, or any one of the handful of McDonald's All Americans that K brings in every year?

And JJ being white has actually helped him get all these accolades. Because on paper he's no better of a player than Casey Jacobsen, Salim Stoudamire, or any other one-dimensional player that gets drafted in the late 1st round. The Kerr comparison would be fair but Steve got drafted in the late second round and shot a ridiculous 57% from long range during his senior year.

sunsfn

Reaction score
At one time this thread about a trade with Seattle was a great thread, with all sorts of good ideas for changing the trade, what would happen if the trade was made, was it a good trade etc.
Then someone said something about J.J. Redick and then it went into the toilet..........too bad! :(

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
As far as the Marion issue goes, I'm surprised more people did not see the writing on the wall. Marion was gone at some point because the front office knows Diaw is more important to the success of the organization long-term and there is not enough room for both of them. I like the deal as Lewis would be an ideal fit in the system and would definitely help in halfcourt offense that the Suns are forced to play much of the postseason. It is quite ballsy though.

BuddyFranklin

Registered
Reaction score
Cheese, you have lost the plot with all your Marion bashing. How can you say Shawn can't cover Lewis when in every game against the Sonics this year Marion dominated Lewis.

I understand that we will surely have to let Marion go, simply for financial reasons but to just take away everything this guy has done for this team is an utter joker. Overall he had a career year and some massive games... you couldn't have asked for much more considering all the circumstances that surrounded us this season.

If indeed Shawn goes, it will a shame because Stat and Marion were lethal together, but even I understand he is overpaid and that to keep him with our current line-up is going to be almost impossible.

Marion has been a GREAT player for the suns. Show a little respect rather than acting like such a fare whether bandwagon fan.

sunsfn

Reaction score
BuddyFranklin said:
Cheese, you have lost the plot with all your Marion bashing. How can you say Shawn can't cover Lewis when in every game against the Sonics this year Marion dominated Lewis.

I understand that we will surely have to let Marion go, simply for financial reasons but to just take away everything this guy has done for this team is an utter joker. Overall he had a career year and some massive games... you couldn't have asked for much more considering all the circumstances that surrounded us this season.

If indeed Shawn goes, it will a shame because Stat and Marion were lethal together, but even I understand he is overpaid and that to keep him with our current line-up is going to be almost impossible.

Marion has been a GREAT player for the suns. Show a little respect rather than acting like such a fare whether bandwagon fan.

WELCOME ABOARD BuddyFranklin!!!!!!!!!!!

BuddyFranklin

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks Sunsfn. Long time Lurker. Great site by the way. I'm always on here reading the posts. A great fan site.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
BuddyFranklin said:

Career wise Shawn Marion certainly didn't dominate Lewis every game.

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Brad Cesmat on Channel 3 news just said that all of the Shawn Marion trade rumors are completely false, but that there's a good chance Barbosa could be traded before or during the draft.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
jbeecham said:
Brad Cesmat on Channel 3 news just said that all of the Shawn Marion trade rumors are completely false, but that there's a good chance Barbosa could be traded before or during the draft.

This guy is close to the organization but then again the Suns will probably deny anything.

Everybody with eyes can see the Suns are gonna be in cap trouble. My guess would be that a lot of teams have called the Suns and made offers which is where these rumors are coming from.

And D'Antoni always says, "if they call, we listen."

jandaman

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The trade scenarios are interesting no doubt..

but I think Marion will end up as a Sun, since the team that the GM and coach has envisioned has not really competed together for a proper run.

Marion, Amare, Nash, Diaw, Bell... with Thomas and co coming off the bench.

Barbosa is pretty much the only likely trade bait, since the Suns will choose Diaw over him for the future.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
devilalum said:
And D'Antoni always says, "if they call, we listen."

I don't remember the exact quote but wasn't the one he had regarding Marion to the effect of "when they call we'll listen because you have to listen, but we aren't trading Marion". I'm not saying because he said that Marion won't be traded.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
SunsTzu said:
I don't remember the exact quote but wasn't the one he had regarding Marion to the effect of "when they call we'll listen because you have to listen, but we aren't trading Marion". I'm not saying because he said that Marion won't be traded.

But there is an offer that D'Antoni would take and these teams want to know if they have what it takes.

When I first read the Bulls rumor I said, "How about Deng and Hinrich for Marion?" You think D'Antoni would say no to that?

No matter what you think message boards light up like Christmas trees this time of year.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
After all is said & done I would rather see the Suns stand-pat. Trade both picks to move up and get a shotblocker or backup PG.

Worrie about cap numbers after next years big run with Amare.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
devilalum said:
When I first read the Bulls rumor I said, "How about Deng and Hinrich for Marion?" You think D'Antoni would say no to that?

No matter what you think message boards light up like Christmas trees this time of year.

1. I said that just because he said that doesn't mean I believe it. I just thought you were not representing the qoute in the context he used it. He used it to say he has no plans to move Marion, where if someone read just the part you wrote it would seem like D'Antoni is planning on trading him.

2. Where did I ever imply what I thought had any impact on message boards outside what I post? I don't have any idea what you're getting at.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05