Phoenix Suns players Marcus and Markieff Morris charged with counts of felony assault

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
I guess they must have changed the rules on using quotes.
Theoretically, if Brian was quoting the story that made the headlines (though not necessarily what the twins said word for word), he was correctly using quotes.

Perhaps he was quoting a quoted perception. :)

Either way, the Morris' have worn out their welcome in Phoenix.

And the Suns Front Office is part of the problem for one of their ongoing gimmicks.

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Theoretically, if Brian was quoting the story that made the headlines (though not necessarily what the twins said word for word), he was correctly using quotes.

Perhaps he was quoting a quoted perception. :)

Either way, the Morris' have worn out their welcome in Phoenix.

And the Suns Front Office is part of the problem for one of their ongoing gimmicks.

Understood, I really don't mind seeing them go. What I am guarding against though is the false meme that is being perpetuated here that they said we have the worst fans in the NBA. They never said that, yet we have a whole other thread with that title in this forum perpetuating this misrepresentation.

iRobot

Veteran
Reaction score
An aggravated assault charge is a Class 3 Felony. Under Arizona law, a class 3 felony offense carries with it a penalty of 5-15 years in prison for a dangerous offense, for which an aggravated assault qualifies.

Second offense aggravated assault charges increase the severity to a possible prison sentence of 10-20 years.
-- law website

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
*********, but they won't get anywhere near 5-15 years. They'll plead down to something small like 30 days with probation and community service.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Nowhere in that article does it say they were arrested. They were charged with felony assault, which we pretty much already knew..

Ronin

Wut?
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Welp, I have had my fill of the Morris twins making headlines...
You must be registered for see images attach

iRobot

Veteran
Reaction score
Nowhere in that article does it say they were arrested. They were charged with felony assault, which we pretty much already knew..

Whatever...

The Morris brothers are scheduled to play in Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald's charity softball game at Salt River Fields this weekend.

They have been summoned to appear May 7 to answer the charges, according to the attorney's office.

They will be arrested, just a matter of time, but no, not yet.

redheat

A real American hero
Reaction score
Shame the only true rep of suns basketball was dragic and he is gone. I'm over these two and babby. Get rid of them.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another article from Paul Coro at azcentral.

A Maricopa County grand jury handed down indictments for Phoenix Suns players Marcus and Markieff Morris, each charged with two felony counts of aggravated assault this month in relation to a January incident while the twins were attending a youth basketball game in Phoenix.

Phoenix police investigated the case and turned over its findings for Maricopa Country Attorney's Office prosecutors to review. The case was submitted to the grand jury April 9, when an indictment was filed against the 25-year-old Suns players.

On Friday, a summons was issued for a May 7 appearance in Superior Court.

The incident took place on Jan. 24 during a Saturday night basketball tournament at the Nina Mason Pulliam Recreation and Sports Complex near 15th Avenue and Colter Street in central Phoenix.

A Phoenix police report indicated that the Morris twins and three other men assaulted Erik Hood, 36, over "inappropriate" text messages sent to the Morrises' mother, Angel. The twins denied knowing Hood, who told police he has known them since they were in high school and Philadelphia and mentored them while they played at University of Kansas.

http://www.azcentral.com/story/spor...arcus-morris-charged-felony-assault/26139693/

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
These two are probably the biggest mistake ever made by the franchise. Underachieving losers with no heart. They need to go, Lon Babby needs to go, and Sarver still needs to go.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score

You may not be adequately familiar with the U.S. legal system. A grand jury indictment transcends an arrest. It means that formal charges are being brought by the state and that an independent jury has already determined that the charges have some merit.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
These two are probably the biggest mistake ever made by the franchise. Underachieving losers with no heart. They need to go, Lon Babby needs to go, and Sarver still needs to go.

Sarver, unfortunatley, is not going anywhere. However, he needs to take a hard look at his organization and clean it up starting with getting rid of Babby.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You may not be adequately familiar with the U.S. legal system. A grand jury indictment transcends an arrest. It means that formal charges are being brought by the state and that an independent jury has already determined that the charges have some merit.

the guy thinks Magic wasn't a PG... give him a break.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is going to be a long, long offseason. Hopefully this case may end up in plea bargain but the Suns are still stuck with the players.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sarver needs to be indicted on charges of wrecking a basketball team. Or better yet possession of a once proud franchise with intent to sell.

However, we know this is not going to happen.

I just do not want this thing to drag out but I don't see it going away either unless the twins are convicted of a felony. I'm not sure about CBA rules on the subject.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If they were to serve significant jail time I'm sure the team could void their contracts but seeing as they're loaded I suspect they will make a plea, get off with simple assault, get a suspended sentence, serve no time.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If they were to serve significant jail time I'm sure the team could void their contracts but seeing as they're loaded I suspect they will make a plea, get off with simple assault, get a suspended sentence, serve no time.

Undoubtedly they will plea bargain and then, four more years.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

But no cap relief. The cba doesn't even allow cap relief when a player dies. It's the stupidest thing about the cba.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiev22