Phoenix Suns players Marcus and Markieff Morris charged with counts of felony assault

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
The facts? Some cherry picked quotes? Great that they handled the Nash trade in the 90s well so the door was open to come back.

Does not change the fact that it was Amare and Sarver who recruited him to sign.

Giving Colangelo the credit for the Nash era is hilarious.

Want to know some more Bryan Colangelo pearls?

Trading Kidd for Marbury.
Trading Googs and a bunch of picks for nothing so he could cash out better.
Trading #7 pick for a first round pick with no assurances of it being in the lottery too only so he could pay Quentin Richardson 2 more millions.

Oh and another Jerry Colangelo blunder? Putting his unqualified son in charge of the team. IF this happened in the internet day of age he'd get ripped to shreds.

So far during Sarver's reign the franchise reached its peak in the Nash era, since they had down years but call me back when Sarver is in charge as long as Colangelo was and then we can compare.
Also if the Western Conference was not so absurdly strong the Suns playoff track record would have contuniued. Luckily for example between 97-2002 even mediocre teams could sneak into the playoffs easily.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Adam Silver is consulting the Magic Man about the Morris boys. More to come later.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The facts? Some cherry picked quotes? Great that they handled the Nash trade in the 90s well so the door was open to come back.

Does not change the fact that it was Amare and Sarver who recruited him to sign.

Giving Colangelo the credit for the Nash era is hilarious.

Want to know some more Bryan Colangelo pearls?

Trading Kidd for Marbury.
Trading Googs and a bunch of picks for nothing so he could cash out better.
Trading #7 pick for a first round pick with no assurances of it being in the lottery too only so he could pay Quentin Richardson 2 more millions.

Oh and another Jerry Colangelo blunder? Putting his unqualified son in charge of the team. IF this happened in the internet day of age he'd get ripped to shreds.

So, quoting exactly what Jerry said and Nash said is cherry picking?!?! Wait....what?!?!

Who is twisting things now Slinslin? Yes, it proves you were 100% wrong. Sarver had very little to do with it other than saying....yeah...what those guys said.

ROFLMAO.

Now you are squirming and trying to weasel out of this is reaching epic proportions. Nash SPECIFICALLY called out both Jerry and Bryan. Now you are going after Bryan?

Dear Lord.

Last edited:

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
And yet it was SArver and Amare that recruited him, good for Nash that he called out Jerry and Bryan who he knew much longer.

How is that an accomplishment of Colagenlo, the Nash era was still not on his watch.

Also one can just as well bring up the re-signing of Dragic as if it proves anything.

Suns are 517W-369L under Sarver that is a .580 winning percentage.

Suns all-time winning percentage is just .552

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
And yet it was SArver and Amare that recruited him, good for Nash that he called out Jerry and Bryan who he knew much longer.

How is that an accomplishment of Colagenlo, the Nash era was still not on his watch.

Also one can just as well bring up the re-signing of Dragic as if it proves anything.

Suns are 517W-369L under Sarver that is a .580 winning percentage.

Suns all-time winning percentage is just .552

OMG. You can't admit you were 100% wrong. Nash said in the presser he interacted very little with Sarver. You are trying to spin it six ways from Sunday. Dude your wrong about it.

In terms of winning %, who is cherry picking now? Trying to take a 10 year sample compared to the overall record of Jerry? Call me in 40 and let me know how many division titles, major free agent acquisitions and how many Sarver put together teams make it to the finals.

See you then. I am young enough to still be around by then.

Last edited:

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
OMG. You can't admit you were 100% wrong. Nash said in the presser he interacted very little with Sarver. You are trying to spin it six ways from Sunday. Dude your wrong about it.

In terms of winning %, who is cherry picking now? Trying to take a 10 year sample compared to the overall record of Jerry? Call me in 40 and let me know how many division titles, major free agent acquisitions and how many Sarver put together teams make it to the finals.

See you then. I am young enough to still be around by then.

I like my chances seeing how Colangelo won nothing.

Suns record under Sarver? .580 517-369
Suns record in previous 37 years? .542 1582-1338

Suns MVPs under Sarver in 10 years? 2
Suns MVPs in previous 37 years? 3

Suns allstars under Sarver ? 1.5 per year
Suns allstars in previous 37 years? 1.27 per year

Suns NBA 1st Teamers under Sarver? 4
previous 37 years? 9

Last edited:

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Blah blah blah. Sarver doesn't get credit for Nash. To add insult to injury:

Here Slinsin....from the horses mouth:

Sarver on Jerry recruiting Nash -"It clarified to me the value of having Jerry involved for the next three years at least, When Jerry spoke, I could see how Steve and his agent paid particular attention. Part of it was the respect Steve had for him. Jerry is also a very skilled negotiator. I was the apprentice sitting there watching Jerry. That day (July 1) was a whirlwind."

So it appears the most influential person there was in fact Jerry according to Sarver. He helped shape the team for years even after the signing.

Also, you just repeated the same mistake. You are are sampling a smaller set of data for a much larger one. Nice try. Keep digging. Like is said...Sarver needs to win some division titles and recruit some Chambers, CB, Nash caliber players and put the Suns in the title conversation. Until then? You have no leg to stand on.

Based on what I have seen so far...guess what? I like my chances too.

Last edited:

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Also, you just repeated the same mistake. Your are sampling a smaller set of data for a much larger one. Nice try. Keep digging. Like is said...Sarver needs to win some division titles and recruit some CB, Nash calibur players and put the Suns in the title conversation. Until then? You have no leg to stand on.

Based on what I have seen so far...guess what? I like my chances too.

buahahahhaha

Sarver already won 3 division titles in 10 years, Suns have won 6 in 47 years.

Nice try dude, seems you have no leg to stand on.

Colagenlo is lucky that he is a good salesman and did not manage this team in a day and age where everything he does or says is put under the microscope and analyzed by thousand of message board heroes.

Last edited:

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
buahahahhaha

Sarver already won 3 division titles in 10 years, Suns have won 6 in 47 years.

Nice try dude, seems you have no leg to stand on.

With whose blue print and with whose drafted recruited players at the helm? See Sarver's comment above.

Ooops.

You are better off going back to telling us how awesome Lopez and Beasley are. Did I just say that?!?! Sorry guys. :barf:

Last edited:

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
With whose blue print and with whose drafted recruited players at the helm? See Sarver's comment above.

Ooops.

You are better off going back to telling us how awesome Lopez and Beasley are.

Yeah what about Loepz?

Seems like the Suns wished they never let him go since Lopez joined the Blazers and also outplayed Gortat since.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah what about Loepz?

Seems like the Suns wished they never let him go since Lopez joined the Blazers and also outplayed Gortat since.

Show me where fans and brass are pining for Lopez please. Your track record for facts are so good today...I am curious. By fans I mean those not with the nickname slinslin.

Last edited:

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
uh yeah I was, claiming that any other era other than the Nash era was the "best" Suns era is delusional non-sense.

uh... how was 1988-1993 NOT better then 2005-2010? We went to 3 WCF and actually WON one of them, making the Finals, where as 2005-2010 we went to 3 WCF and lost every one of them? Pretty sure making the same amount of WCF finals and actually WINNING one is better then making 3 WCF and never getting over the hump.

Now, I'm sure you'll start saying that we had 2 MVPs and won more regular season games, but call me crazy if I think SUCCESS means actually getting close to winning a title... which the Sarver Suns never did.

and you also neglected to mention that the WORST Suns Era has been on Sarver's watch... 5 straight years. No playoffs. Never happened in the history of the team. That can't be debated.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
and you also neglected to mention that the WORST Suns Era has been on Sarver's watch... 5 straight years. No playoffs. Never happened in the history of the team. That can't be debated.

1983/1984 41-41
1984/1985 36-46
1985/1986 32-50
1986/1987 36-46
1987/1988 28-54

1973 38-44
1974 30-52
1975 32-50
1976 42-40
1977 34-48

The last 5 years were not even close to the "worst" Suns years

If the West was not at an all-time high the Suns would have been good enough for the playoffs even. Unlike in the 80s where you could get into the playoffs with losing records.

Last edited:

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
http://www.oregonlive.com/blazers/index.ssf/2014/11/robin_lopez_trail_blazers.html

Everything I said about Lopez turned out to be true (that he is no worse than Gortat) that is a fact.

It's hilarious you want to bring this up against me, I can't stop laughing, honestly.

Funny slinslin because I know you ignore this but people laugh at you all the time for your ridiculosness.

Robin Lopez as of now:

Points - 9.6, Rebounds - 6.7, Block 1.5

Gortat as of now

Points 12.2, Rebounds 8.7, Blocks 1.3

MASSIVE difference (not). Whoa...quick slinslin...pull out PER now. You still completely ignored my question. Show me where there is any regret letting Lopez go. Meaning not you.

P.S. I never claimed Gortat to be the world beater only that Lopez never was and never would be the answer for the Suns.

Last edited:

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Funny slinslin because I know you ignore this but people laugh at you all the time for your ridiculosness.

That is no problem, there are lots of people like you or sf88., I understand that and feel sorry for you.

Funny how you cherry picked this season when Robin Lopez was injured for a quarter of the season and played limited minutes and not last year when he averaged 11/8.5/2 in under 32mpg. And obviously totally neglect advanced stats (PER, RPM, WS) where Lopez blew Gortat out of the water in 2 of the last 3 years.

Not to mention starting every game for 50+ win team in the West since he got to Portland.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is no problem, there are lots of people like you or sf88., I understand that and feel sorry for you.

Funny how you cherry picked this season when Robin Lopez was injured for a quarter of the season and played limited minutes and not last year when he averaged 11/8.5/2 in under 32mpg. And obviously totally neglect advanced stats (PER, RPM, WS) where Lopez blew Gortat out of the water in 2 of the last 3 years.

Not to mention starting every game for 50+ win team in the West since he got to Portland.

Slinslin you complete me. If it wasn't for your PER, unabashed love for players like Lopez, Beasley...your twist on Sarver's contributions...the board would be a less funny place.

Thank you.

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I know you're just baiting now, but seriously Sarver didn't do squat besides provide the plane and go a long to understand the business of sports. This was at the transition period betwix Colangelo and Sarver. Remember the sale was contingent on Jerry staying on board for a few years to transition everything over to Sarver. Sarver was the new owner, but knew squat about being a sports owner. He was involved, but it was the Colangelo's running the show the first 2-3yrs of Sarvers ownership.

Were you in Germany when this was happening?

He won a WCF championship and the hearts of the entire state of AZ, which Sarver hasn't even come close to since taking full control of the franchise.

Suns NBA 1st Teamers under Sarver? 4
previous 37 years? 9
Again, take the first 5yrs out of Sarvers record and the last 5yrs from Colangelo. What's left for Sarver? Steve Kerr, Lance Banks and now Lon Babby. Oh yeah and D'Antoni. Remind us again how many GM's Sarver has gone through since the Colangelo's have left??? And the turnover this team has had in the last 5yrs??

Once Sarver started taking over the business side who was the first player to bolt??

Look at the end of the day sports is still a business and if you don't like the company or manager you work for, you're free to leave.
Players wanted to come here under Colangelo and would take less just to play for him. Colangelo got the arena built. Colangelo brought the Rattlers, Coyotes, Mercury and Dbacks and turned Phx into a sports mecha. There's a reason Colangelo is the Godfather of Phoenix sports. Was he perfect? No. But he did more for this sports market than anyone has or ever will. Colangelo did more for the sports scene in Phoenix than maybe any other single owner has ever done for any market.

In the last 5yrs Sarver has made one questionable call after another related to the state of this franchise. He's divided and alienated the fan base. Players have left because they didn't like him or how he ran the Suns. Sarver's first 3yrs of control were a train wreck in the FO. The last few he's stayed out of the light and is letting 'basketball' people make basketball decisions.

In the era of FA - oh yeah, who was the first ever FA to sign and where did he sign? - teams can turn their fortunes around fast. Even if a team might overpay for a top tier FA. The only way a team can't succeed in FA is if players don't want to play there.

And don't bother comparing Sarvers tenure to Colangelo's. It doesn't happen anymore. Rarely will one person in Colangelo's postion serve with one franchise for 35+ years ever again. Sarver won't own the Suns in another 25yrs. I guarantee you that.

Last edited:
OP
OP
sunsfan88

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
roflmao

Nash situation was nothing like Harden.

Nash was an allstar, Nash was a starter, Nash was an established veteran, Nash was a free agent

Harden was not an allstar, Harden was not a starter, Harden was on his rookie contract, Harden was under contract

And to say that Colangelo was the reason that Nash chose to come back when he did not even go to recuirt him is absurd. Amare Stoudemire might have been super young but he was the ROY and an absolute sensation back then and known budding superstar around the league.
Are you incapable of reading? DarrenG has literally posted every single person involved confirming that Colangelo went to recruit Nash.

Are you saying this is some type of conspiracy? Nash, Sarver, Nash's agent are all lying and saying Colangelo was there when he really wasn't? Are you serious?

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think Sarver has improved considerably as an owner, but there is no comparing him to JC. Jerry's only priority as an owner was winning, he didn't care about luxury tax ect. I can say with 100% confidence that the Suns disregard of the draft from 2005-2012 would never ever have happened under Jerry.

And the gripe about Jerry (that our small ball ways are his fault) is a joke. The idea that the Suns didn't care about landing a big requires either willful or complete ignorance. Several of their worst roster moves came as a result of their desperate search for a big man. Luc Longly, John "Hot Rod" Williams, Jake Tsakalidis. Unfortunately franchise big men are a lot hard to find than BC would have you believe.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I cannot believe anyone is even conceiving of trying to make the case that Sarver is a better owner than JC. Yikes. There is just no where to go with that conversation. Funny about cherry picking data.

First, how about counting the years Jerry was and owner vs the years that Sarver is the owner. Jerry bought the Suns in late 1988. His hands were then free to run the franchise as he saw fit.

Second, Sarvers best years were with Jerry's players. Marion, Amare, Joe Johnson, Barbosa, Q, and even Steve Nash (yes Jerry recruited him, although Sarver went along), were all JC's players.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Steve Nash was acquired to run the SSOL offense created by Mike D'Antoni so he deserves some credit for turning Nash into a two time MVP.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The thread has broken down into a Sarver vs JC pissing contest which IMO has nothing to do with the issue at hand. Does anybody really feel good abut the Suns being stuck with the Morris twins??? They are a problem on the court and off the court. (and will be spending time in court). They have insulted the fans and Marcus actually "intimidated" Hornacek during a game.
The team will be better without them. But they are untradable.

Last edited:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The thread has broken down into a Sarver vs JC pissing contest which IMO has nothing to do with the issue at hand. Does anybody really feel good abut the Suns being stuck with the Morris twins??? They are a problem on the court and off the court. (and will be spending time in court). They have insulted the fans and Morris actually "intimidated" the Hornacek during a game.
The team will be better without them. But they are untradable.

I guess that's why the thread has moved on. Concise assessment.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiev22