Pistons at Suns 12-12-14

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The twins, Green and Thomas all seem to lack energy out there. I miss IT's smile. He just seems to be going through the motions.

Steve

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why does Steve Albert tell the Isaiah Thomas naming story every single game Thomas plays in? Does he really think he has a completely different audience every night?

Steve

Another question, does Albert care?

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
This team is my least favorite team to watch since the Kidd/ Robinson team with Delk and Rogers off the bench. I can manage to watch Bledsoe, I can manage to watch IT, but those two together are just too painful to watch.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This team is my least favorite team to watch since the Kidd/ Robinson team with Delk and Rogers off the bench. I can manage to watch Bledsoe, I can manage to watch IT, but those two together are just too painful to watch.

I can't argue the point because the whole team is painful to watch. Something is wrong with the Suns. The effort is just not there.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

We had a 6 point lead when Bledsoe went to the bench and it evaporated with a one point guard lineup (Goran). Then, we turned it on again and the two guard lineup of Bledsoe and Thomas gave up a huge Detroit run. I'm not saying this is your point but whatever our problem is, it's more than just the two players you dislike. AFAIC, it's been the lack of emotion, specifically from the twins, IT and Green that's killed us in this game. And together I doubt they're even shooting 30% which is a killer since they're not doing much else either (Markieff has some boards but that's it).

Steve

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lon Babby was saying in an article something to the effect, that more fans need to attend the game and give the Suns more of a home court advantage. Maybe the problem is not with the fans. The Suns are not producing an exciting product right now.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know a lot of people want to see us getting our centers involved but I can't help but think that sets the tone for us, in a bad way. Plumlee should have made at least 2 more baskets and picked up a few free throws during that early stretch where we fed him for easy baskets. I'd rather give it the guys who can actually score, not try to turn Plumlee into something he isn't. Feed Markieff early or let Goran do his thing. Plumlee just isn't a viable pick and roll option.

Steve

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't stand it... no defense... no energy.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
We had a 6 point lead when Bledsoe went to the bench and it evaporated with a one point guard lineup (Goran). Then, we turned it on again and the two guard lineup of Bledsoe and Thomas gave up a huge Detroit run. I'm not saying this is your point but whatever our problem is, it's more than just the two players you dislike. AFAIC, it's been the lack of emotion, specifically from the twins, IT and Green that's killed us in this game. And together I doubt they're even shooting 30% which is a killer since they're not doing much else either (Markieff has some boards but that's it).

Steve

Definitely not limited to just Bledsoe and IT- they are just the worst offenders. Morris twins are just as bad, except that they pass to each other. Green is a gunner, so I get that not passing is a part of his role, but it still gets annoying.

Honestly, the only player I like on this roster are Tucker, Dragic, and Len, along with the youngsters (but I haven't seen enough of them.)

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
I know a lot of people want to see us getting our centers involved but I can't help but think that sets the tone for us, in a bad way. Plumlee should have made at least 2 more baskets and picked up a few free throws during that early stretch where we fed him for easy baskets. I'd rather give it the guys who can actually score, not try to turn Plumlee into something he isn't. Feed Markieff early or let Goran do his thing. Plumlee just isn't a viable pick and roll option.

Steve
So the Suns front office made bad choices in Centers. Which is why they are nowhere to be seen with the game on the line. Tonight vs. the Pistons, that was the case before halftime, too.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So the Suns front office made bad choices in Centers. Which is why they are nowhere to be seen with the game on the line. Tonight vs. the Pistons, that was the case before halftime, too.

It's not like the Suns were standing in line with their choice of centers.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Lon Babby was saying in an article something to the effect, that more fans need to attend the game and give the Suns more of a home court advantage. Maybe the problem is not with the fans. The Suns are not producing an exciting product right now.

I agree with you. I usually watch each game with no distractions, but this year, I've been watching less and less. Usually, once Dragic goes to the bench, things get really impossible to watch. Once Tucker and Len are out, I just can't watch. Even when Dragic goes back in, he never gets the ball, so he is just sitting in the corner waiting for a pass that never comes.

If not for my girlfriend insisting on watching, I wouldn't even have the game on the telly.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The point I was trying to make is that we are trying to turn Plumlee into something he isn't at the expense of Markieff. I think it's far more important to get our best inside scorer engaged from the onset of the game than it is to waste those opportunities on an offensively limited Plumlee.

Steve

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Plumlee is giving out some good effort.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree with you. I usually watch each game with no distractions, but this year, I've been watching less and less. Usually, once Dragic goes to the bench, things get really impossible to watch. Once Tucker and Len are out, I just can't watch. Even when Dragic goes back in, he never gets the ball, so he is just sitting in the corner waiting for a pass that never comes.

If not for my girlfriend insisting on watching, I wouldn't even have the game on the telly.

Something is definitely missing from the Suns and it is not Frye other than perhaps chemistry.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
It's not like the Suns were standing in line with their choice of centers.

The bottom line is when Drummond is killing you on the boards, you keep your Center in the game. I realize Plumlee and Len are not great Centers but they are better Centers (not player) than Morris.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No over the back when Len loses it out of bounds?

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The bottom line is when Drummond is killing you on the boards, you keep your Center in the game. I realize Plumlee and Len are not great Centers but they are better Centers (not player) than Morris.

I think this is the path the Suns need to take... playing their centers if they want to move forward long term. I have no problem with Plumlee's effort. Len seems to play weak but he needs the minutes.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Its a very shallow thing to say, but they need to fix some aesthetic things in the arena and look of the team. I know they tried to do so over the last 2 years but the make over was a real failure. I've been to a few games the last few years and let me tell you, that court is even uglier in person, its oppressively ugly. The arena is lit up very bright, the lower bowl crowd is especially illuminated, the floor looks very dark in comparison and the two toned wood combined with the orange is just a hideous scheme.

It seems absurd to stay but that stuff matters. It wouldn't make it a packed house night in and night out but IMO it would help if they were easier on the eye.

These orange pajama outfits don't help either. That is an embarrassing look.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Something is definitely missing from the Suns and it is not Frye other than perhaps chemistry.

When I played in High School, our coach used to have us play five on five, and nobody was allowed to shoot until every player touched the ball twice. I can't help but think the Suns (Morris Twins, Bledsoe, Green, and IT in particular) could use some of that.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I played in High School, our coach used to have us play five on five, and nobody was allowed to shoot until every player touched the ball twice. I can't help but think the Suns (Morris Twins, Bledsoe, Green, and IT in particular) could use some of that.

I agree, the Suns need more basics. There is no way the Suns should be turning the ball over like this. I don't want to get on the coaching but the Suns should be able to play better defense and minimize the turnovers.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score

That wouldn't help. Early offense is the Suns' best chance. By the time they've made several passes, the defense is set and the Suns are back to their problem of not having an interior presence. Sure, with superb ball movement you might be able to engineer a slightly more open 18-footer than you would otherwise, but that doesn't cut it in the NBA.

I turned this game off at halftime and (as of this moment) haven't even checked a second-half score yet.