Playoffs 2010: Western Conf Finals, Game 3 – Lakers At Suns Game Thread

Michael

The buzz is back!
Reaction score
The positives in this series are really Dudley, Dragic and Lopez. Having these guys makes me hopeful to see an exciting Suns team grow instead of becoming the next Sacramento Kings.

SpokaneCardfan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The positives in this series are really Dudley, Dragic and Lopez. Having these guys makes me hopeful to see an exciting Suns team grow instead of becoming the next Sacramento Kings.
They have a good young base to work with, The coaches are really high on Clark also from what I have heard.

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Amare would put in half the effort on the defensive end that Lopez does...

SpokaneCardfan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I hope I never see Fry play another minute in a Suns uniform. It is amazing how much better they are without him in.He has to be the softest player I have ever seen.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
God Frye you are the biggest choker in this series just every shot he takes looks like a brick no arch at all on his shot just ugly :(, but I like the way Amare, and Lopez are playing so far also dragic is playing pretty decently. Were actually lucky were not getting blown out since we haven't been able to hit 3's this half lets hope it changes in the 2nd. come on suns AND STAY ON BENCH FRYE!!!

Michael

The buzz is back!
Reaction score
Feel sorry for Frye? He's making a lot of money to shoot. And he yapped about how he could make more out there. And then he pulls this sh**.

It's not as if he's not shooting. He just can't hit. It's not as if he can make up for it by scoring in the low post - that's just not his role. With his shot not falling, he feels more and more pressure and just can't get out of this hole.
So yes, I feel sorry for him.

Michael

The buzz is back!
Reaction score
Whenever Fisher smirks after being called for a foul I wish for the appearance of Bruce Bowen to punch him in the face.

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We just limited the Lakers to a 15 point second quarter. Great job SUNS!!!!

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Way to end the first half guys, man Lopez has been big this game lets hope we continue it in the 2nd half. Notice how much better our defense without Frye lol. GO SUNS ONE MORE HALF COME ON

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
Much much better defensive effort in the second. Need some production from the bench.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
The problem now is that the Lakers will make an adjustment to our zone defense. I hope they don't but its going to happen.

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Suns up 54-47 after the 2nd quarter. :) Suns shooting 38% with 2/11 3 pointers. :rolleyes: Lakers shooting 48% with 3/13 3 pointers.

Suns have committed 3 turnovers, Lakers 9. :)

Suns with 8 offensive rebounds, Lakers 5. :)

Suns have hit 18/20 free throws, Lakers have hit 0/3 free throws. :)

Nice run by the Suns to close the 2nd quarter. :) The zone defense has been effective so far but we really do need to hit some shots again.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
I'm willing to sleep with Gentry if he doesn't let Frye back in this game... that's how much I hate that scrub... I'll take one for the team..

joshstmarie

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Not taking anything away from our defensive effort, because it has been better but the reason we are ahead is basically because the lakers arent hitting 80% of their shots like they had been the previous 2 games. Especially their bench.

Michael

The buzz is back!
Reaction score
The problem now is that the Lakers will make an adjustment to our zone defense. I hope they don't but its going to happen.

My worry, too. Jackson's staff is going to figure something out. I expect shooters in the corner and more uncontested layups for the cutting big men.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Playing Frye is not working for the Suns. I'm not sure of the solution until he gets his head straight. Maybe the Suns might at least try Collins off the bench. This might get Frye thinking contract.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Frye has been better so far today, because he hasn't been a disaster defensively. It would be nice if he could make a shot, but at least it's no longer a double whammy.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
Frye has been better so far today, because he hasn't been a disaster defensively. It would be nice if he could make a shot, but at least it's no longer a double whammy.
If you can't score at all on offense your forcing double teams and more pressure on your teammates. You should not be on the floor.