Playoffs 2010: Western Conf Finals, Game 5 – Suns At Lakers Game Thread

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
For some reason I'm not discouraged at all by this loss.

Hard to be discouraged when your team plays with that much heart Ronin.

My heart is broken but this series isn't over, we could have quit at 2 points in the game but we fought and fought.

We also played PERFECT defense on Kobe at the end and we still lost.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Gentry had the appropriate players in the game at the end. The ONLY way the Lakers have a chance off a miss is an air ball... in the perfect spot... at the perfect moment... with a guy right there to grab it... pure luck.

It wasn't luck Artest made a genius play, go figure. :bang:

AZ Sports Native

It's a dry heat.
Reaction score
It wasn't luck Artest made a genius play, go figure. :bang:
It's pure luck when the only way for the Lakers to score there, once Kobe throws up a poor shot, is to have it be an air ball... with a guy being in the exact right spot at the exact right time. Luck.

GorrilaLips

Registered
Reaction score
Exactly. All these people who keep blaming Frye are clueless. Frye was one of the reasons they got back in this game. Channing got the rebound and assist at the end that tied the game. No one is expecting Kobe to shoot an airball and Artest beat Richardson to the ball. Frye was boxing out Gasol and doing his job on that play.

X2. Ball rolls off the rim, it's in our hands.....plain and simple. I'm so pissed because of the freak $%^& the lakers ALWAYS have, it's ridiculous and nothing to do with skill....just right into their player's hands for a quick put back. If he would have held on longer and hadn't taken the stupid 3 and missed.....probably would have given it to Kobe to shoot and make and we would have been down by 5. No matter what, it was Artest that made up for them

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Amare is no superstar. This game proved it. Consistently absolute dogshit.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
the 2nd qtr was horrible, a lot of bad reffing going on.
suns were up like 19-11 or so, then the refs came on.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Exactly. All these people who keep blaming Frye are clueless. Frye was one of the reasons they got back in this game. Channing got the rebound and assist at the end that tied the game. No one is expecting Kobe to shoot an airball and Artest beat Richardson to the ball. Frye was boxing out Gasol and doing his job on that play.

+1. Two things you can count on here. We're gonna blame Frye and/or the refs every time we lose.

Steve

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
i love it when the lakers lose, the media and whoever blame the knees of bynum and kobaby's injuries.

now that they won, you dont hear any of that stuff...

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't blame the refs. It was home town and you knew the calls would be 60-40.

Blame ****ing Amare for not playing hard.

Blame ****ing Amare for not playing defense.

Blame ****ing Amare for not showing ANY effort on rebounds,

In short, you can pin this loss on Amare. He isn't a Superstar.

LuckySuns

Reaction score
It's pure luck when the only way for the Lakers to score there, once Kobe throws up a poor shot, is to have it be an air ball... with a guy being in the exact right spot at the exact right time. Luck.
Yep, just like its pure luck whenever the Suns make a 3. Just ask Richardson with his lucky 3 there at the end.

GorrilaLips

Registered
Reaction score
i love it when the lakers lose, the media and whoever blame the knees of bynum and kobaby's injuries.

now that they won, you dont hear any of that stuff...

yep. all you're going to hear now is how the legend lives on and strikes back! The zen master defeats the zone!!!!!! How awesome roleplayers for kobe helped beat the suns. I just can't wait for Saturday evening to roll around....I want the suns to pound their faces in and see how zenlike moves PJ has for the suns

GorrilaLips

Registered
Reaction score
Yep, just like its pure luck whenever the Suns make a 3. Just ask Richardson with his lucky 3 there at the end.

or the daggers he put in your team in game 3? I'd say, at this point...Odom is pretty lucky still...just waiting for his lucky streak to start again....he's a little MIA

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Amare is no superstar. This game proved it.

This game didn't prove it to me, these playoffs did. He's had one good game and 2 or 3 average games throughout these playoffs and the rest have all been substandard.

Steve