Playoffs - Clippers @ Suns Game 2 Thread 5/10/2006- Yahoo -ESPN previews

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I was just pissed cuz Marion can't make a damn layup......seems like everythings going against us right now

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
cheesebeef said:
Disagree with the first thought - people get wayyyy too high with wins and wayy too low with losses - we're gonna have games where we nail threes against this team and Marion will probably show up for at least one more game (I hope) - but to say this team has no heart/desire - come on dude - overreaction from what we've seen of them all year.

This game IS over - but ther series is far from it.

As to your second point - couldn't agree more.

If we can get it within 8 at the end of 3 we have a shot but with the way this team is playing, I'm not counting on it.

Lack of hustle for boards, too many mental mistakes, and missing way too many open shots are what are absolutely killing us right now.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
jbeecham said:
I was just pissed cuz Marion can't make a damn layup......seems like everythings going against us right now

Heck Nash has missed at least 2 FTs, which is beyond unusual for him

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
hsandhu said:
I never thought I would feel the hate for a suns player that I do for Marion right now.

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns/articles/0508marion0508.html

"If I'm averaging 20 and 10 and I'm 6-7 and 225, am I just supposed to do that?" Marion said late in the regular season as he lay on a hotel bed playing handheld electronic poker. "How the hell do I not get the same credit as Garnett and Tim Duncan and those guys? I'm 225, barely. Is this just what we've come to expect of Shawn?"

Marion sat up and put the game aside as he continued.

"It's frustrating because I've been doing this since I got here. I've been playing with Jason Kidd, Stephon Marbury and Steve Nash and been able to adjust my game to everyone."

Marion considers himself a Most Valuable Player candidate, but only one of 127 voters put him on the top-five ballot. Nash ran away with a repeat honor. It's often argued that the Suns are nothing without Nash and they survive Marion's rare misses (he played in 482 of 492 games in the past six seasons).

the guy is DELUSIONAL - period. Seriously, if we can package his soft-butt, along with Leo and this year's pick, hell, maybe even one mroe pick (as long as we keep the Hawks pick) for KG, this team MUST do it. Marion's too soft a bigtime player to ever hold up that championship trophy.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
jbeecham said:

I hear ya dude. But come on - he's like KG and Duncan for pete's sake! Cut him some slack!;)

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
cheesebeef said:
Disagree with the first thought - people get wayyyy too high with wins and wayy too low with losses - we're gonna have games where we nail threes against this team and Marion will probably show up for at least one more game (I hope) - but to say this team has no heart/desire - come on dude - overreaction from what we've seen of them all year.

This game IS over - but ther series is far from it.

As to your second point - couldn't agree more.
The way they are hustling, we are just sleep walking... sure right now I'm extremely pissed with the way this team has shown up for today's game knowing what happened in the first round. You don't everytime come out from 3-1 holes or last second miracle 3 pt shots.

I'm just pissed!!

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
cheesebeef said:
the guy is DELUSIONAL - period. Seriously, if we can package his soft-butt, along with Leo and this year's pick, hell, maybe even one mroe pick (as long as we keep the Hawks pick) for KG, this team MUST do it. Marion's too soft a bigtime player to ever hold up that championship trophy.

He's a 3rd option. Do you honestly think we are going to have him continue to play the same way with Amare and Kurt Thomas playing?

We're forcing him to play beyond his capabilities. He's a good 3rd option who should be guarding SFs, instead we're trying to force him to be a superstar and guard big men 6 inches taller than he is.

Beisdes that deal falls WAY short of getting KG

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
Evil Ash said:
He's a 3rd option. Do you honestly think we are going to have him continue to play the same way with Amare and Kurt Thomas playing?

We're forcing him to play beyond his capabilities. He's a good 3rd option who should be guarding SFs, instead we're trying to force him to be a superstar and guard big men 6 inches taller than he is.

If he keep his mouth shut, then I don't have a problem.

sly fly

Devil Me This
Reaction score
- Marion needed to sit awhile after his embarrasingly slow start. If he hits a couple of those early gimmes, the 1st quarter may have turned out differently. You could just see the confidence disappear from everyone on the floor. When is he going to learn to come out strong?

- Nice box out on Cassell, Eddie! Seriously, I think I could have contributed more than he did. It's a mouse in the house when Eddie's man has the ball. Disappointed, but not surprised in his postseason play.

- PHX needs to mix up the double-teaming on Brand. Throw some delayed doubles. Or, just let him go single-teamed if TT has him outside. Just don't be predictable. And, don't leave Cutino, for chrissakes.

- PHX has a couple big runs left. It's not over by any means. In fact, the Clippers should be up by more than 14 right now.

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Fedex has a new Chris Caveman commercial and then it was followed up by the caveman (so easy a caveman could do it) commercial. Hilarious!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Evil Ash said:

okay - make it the lotto pick for the Hawks - you're not gonna get a better deal for Garnett than a perenial all-star/Olympian, a young guard just beginning to light up the league AND a high lotto pick.

Nash
Bell
Garnett
Amare
Kurt Thomas

Diaw
James Jones
TT (hopefully resigned)

That team KILLS everyone in the league next year and for the next 3 years.

And honestly - if Shawn just kept his mouth shut, I probably wouldn't make such a stink about it, but jeez, his mouth and corresponding playoff performances just totally rub me the wrong way. Avergaing 4 points less and 2 boards less - that's a pretty steep fall.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
come on guys - gotta start the 2nd out STRONG! Hopefully Marion does his magical reappearing act in the 2nd half!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
we can't win a game against a bigger team if they have a 20 point lead - too big of a rebounding discrepency.

Gotta comne strong on FRIDAY!

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Brand just had 10 seconds in the lane on defense with no call and no offensive player around him

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
We done for tonight. See ya guys Friday. May be these guys will show up for the game on Friday.

jlove

AZ Born and Bred!!!
Reaction score
What the hell are the Suns doing for rebounds? I checked CBS Sportsline on my phone and it has Clips 42 - 16 edge in rebounds. Is that correct? No wonder we are losing by 20. I can't watch the game and all the sports pages on the internet are red screened for me here at work.

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
42-16 sounds right. I'm pretty sure they have more offensive rebounds than we have defensive rebs.

edit: they have 18 off rebs, we have 17 total rebs

Nash 2x MVP

Reaction score
Well were down 19pts.. We need to start playing
better or this will be finish soon..

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
another Tim Duncan like performance by Soft Marion - nice layups. You know Shawn, when you sound as dumb as you do in your interviews, regardless of what you're saying, you just make it worse when you make delusional statements - then, you not only sound like an idiot - YOU ARE PROVING YOU REALLY ARE ONE as well.

At this point, I sit Nash down, we've had no time off between games and we're gonna need every ounce of energy he's got this weekend.

Still say Suns in 7, but that's dependent on Marion showing up AT LEAST once more (thus, it's an iffy 7).

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Tired legs tonight fellas. Clippers are playing very well. We can't hit shots or rebound to save our lives. I can't remember the last time I saw Diaw fall down this many times.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
HOLY GOOD LORD! 46-18 rebounding difference? Wow. Good night guys.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Good God, the Suns D has given up 98 pts in 3 qtrs. I think its pretty obvious what our real problem is in this game.

I don't care how badly Marion did offensively, the entire team has not shown up defensively PERIOD

jlove

AZ Born and Bred!!!
Reaction score
Sounds as if it's a good thing that I'm at work and can't watch the game. I know I'm a very emotional fan when it comes to actually watching the Suns play.