Possible Replacement for Amare?

Makeplays

Rookie
Reaction score
I'm not well versed on the business side of the NBA so with that being said, who's out there besides Bosh? Boozer is a dud in the playoffs.

OP
OP
M

Makeplays

Rookie
Reaction score
I was thinking of Aldridge maybe a trade for him? 7" arms as long as telephone poles. Good all around player.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Seriously, they should go for Nowitzki. He doesn't have a low-post game, but neither does Stoudemire, and at least Nowitzki rebounds. Trade Barbosa for cap space, let Stoudemire walk, and there's a good chunk of change to throw Nowitzki's way.

OP
OP
M

Makeplays

Rookie
Reaction score
Seriously, they should go for Nowitzki. He doesn't have a low-post game, but neither does Stoudemire, and at least Nowitzki rebounds. Trade Barbosa for cap space, let Stoudemire walk, and there's a good chunk of change to throw Nowitzki's way.

I would take Nowitzki anyday over Amare. Amare can be all world every game of the regular season but when its time to play playoff Basketball with D and with DESIRE, give me somebody who wants the ball in their hand who wont drive into a triple team, travel or charge into a wall of defenders with the game on the line.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
Nowitzki and Lopez would be an interesting duo. And I wouldn't be opposed to reuniting him with Nash for one last run.

Pretty good career playoff numbers, too. 26/11.

OP
OP
M

Makeplays

Rookie
Reaction score
Nowitzki and Lopez would be an interesting duo. And I wouldn't be opposed to reuniting him with Nash for one last run.

Pretty good career playoff numbers, too. 26/11.

Nowitzki went down swinging Vs. San Antonio...he's a master of the "and one" ..and he doesn't have to scream that @ the refs...

cly2tw

Reaction score
Reuniting Nash with Dirk is only good on paper. Nash no longer can hit those fall-away, more precisely put fall-down, jumpers in the paint. He can't do the scoring-50-pt thing anymore, which would be needed. Bosh is impossible. Boozer is the rebounder everybody here wants from their starting PF, but I doubt he'd make a difference.

Realistically, Amare is the best chance Suns got to maximize Nash's game and aiming for one more title run. Unless his knees acted up again, I predict Kerr would try to outbid others to keep Amare.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
Reuniting Nash with Dirk is only good on paper. Nash no longer can hit those fall-away, more precisely put fall-down, jumpers in the paint. He can't do the scoring-50-pt thing anymore, which would be needed. Bosh is impossible. Boozer is the rebounder everybody here wants from their starting PF, but I doubt he'd make a difference.

Realistically, Amare is the best chance Suns got to maximize Nash's game and aiming for one more title run. Unless his knees acted up again, I predict Kerr would try to outbid others to keep Amare.

Nash can't hit shots? I guess you missed a lot of games in this playoff run.

Hopefully Kerr is not on the same kool-aid that you and slinslin buy and drink from your local wholesale store. I rather have no PF than have soft Amare back in there worrying about his own stats.

OP
OP
M

Makeplays

Rookie
Reaction score

I don't think Kerr puts his job security in the hands of a sub cerebral player in Amare. No disrespect but just like Pop's mantra, the regular season doesn't mean squat its what you do in the playoffs.

What's nice about this team is that the second squad is the reason for the success of this run. They can and have done it without Amare.

I want an 18 and 12 guy. David Lee numbers.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
I don't think Kerr puts his job security in the hands of a sub cerebral player in Amare. No disrespect but just like Pop's mantra, the regular season doesn't mean squat its what you do in the playoffs.

What's nice about this team is that the second squad is the reason for the success of this run. They can and have done it without Amare.

I'm with ya, people say Lee can't play D. Who cares, Amare plays no D whatsoever. I watch a lot of Knick games and I can rarely say that Lee makes blatantly ******** defensive moves like Amare. I am damn sure Lee will get more rebounds than Amare and we can make up those points with more assists from Lee who is a terrific passer.

cly2tw

Reaction score
Nash can't hit shots? I guess you missed a lot of games in this playoff run.

Hopefully Kerr is not on the same kool-aid that you and slinslin buy and drink from your local wholesale store. I rather have no PF than have soft Amare back in there worrying about his own stats.

First, read my post again. Where did I say Nash can't hit shots in general? Second, it's you and some others who have being worrying about Amare's stats. Wait, maybe you meant just that.:D You want to get rid of him so that you don't want to be worrying about his stats any more, right?:bang:

cly2tw

Reaction score

It's not about numbers only. Lee wouldn't attract defensive attention the way Amare does. Nash and others would get more pressure with Lee replacing Amare, and the summary results would be worse. It's not fantasy league that your team wins with adding up stats numbers.

OP
OP
M

Makeplays

Rookie
Reaction score
I'm with ya, people say Lee can't play D. Who cares, Amare plays no D whatsoever. I watch a lot of Knick games and I can rarely say that Lee makes blatantly ******** defensive moves like Amare. I am damn sure Lee will get more rebounds than Amare and we can make up those points with more assists from Lee who is a terrific passer.

I'm with ya. It's all desire. Amare can have 32 points 7 rebounds in a game that we lose by 6 and he'd be comfortable with that. He doesn't have that "this is my sandbox" mentality.

If you saw Gas-hole (Gasol) in the 3rd Quarter when their team was up by 16 he got called for a foul pushing and climbing up the back of Amare trying to get an offensive board. That mentality is what fuels a run to the finals.

Amare jogs to get a lose ball and Farmar almost beats him to the ball with Amare having a 5 step head start.

And this was an elimination game!!! Desire I tell you!

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd reunite Nash with his good buddy Dirk. Of course, I'd do it by sending Barbs to Minnesota and Nash to Dallas in return for picks and Kevin Love. Please note, I am not proposing the entire trade, just focusing on the assets we would net in the deal.

I think it's time for major surgery rather than just a nip & tuck. Move Richardson for expirings and a pick at midseason. Toss in an Amare for Beasley/pick and we could be back in business in a year or two and with a much more manageable salary structure.

Steve

OP
OP
M

Makeplays

Rookie
Reaction score
It's not about numbers only. Lee wouldn't attract defensive attention the way Amare does. Nash and others would get more pressure with Lee replacing Amare, and the summary results would be worse. It's not fantasy league that your team wins with adding up stats numbers.

Lee wouldn't put the ball on the floor into 3 walled defenders in the paint and get denied. He would find an open man. It's about being smart out there. Stat doesn't have it. I'm sorry.

OP
OP
M

Makeplays

Rookie
Reaction score
I'd reunite Nash with his good buddy Dirk. Of course, I'd do it by sending Barbs to Minnesota and Nash to Dallas in return for picks and Kevin Love. Please note, I am not proposing the entire trade, just focusing on the assets we would net in the deal.

I think it's time for major surgery rather than just a nip & tuck. Move Richardson for expirings and a pick at midseason. Toss in an Amare for Beasley/pick and we could be back in business in a year or two and with a much more manageable salary structure.

Steve

We don't need surgery. We need a proven rebounder. The rest of the weapons are there.

I would love Aldridge....

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
Lee wouldn't put the ball on the floor into 3 walled defenders in the paint and get denied. He would find an open man. It's about being smart out there. Stat doesn't have it. I'm sorry.

David Lee and Rolo might be a formidable rebounding tandem down low.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
We don't need surgery. We need a proven rebounder. The rest of the weapons are there.

Aldridge is a jumpshooter who has no inside game. Pass.

OP
OP
M

Makeplays

Rookie
Reaction score
David Lee and Rolo might be a formidable rebounding tandem down low.

Seriously, you're gonna think I'm on crack but I'd take Camby over stat. Even Eddie Johnson says that Camby can grab 20 rebounds on any given night.

It comes down to possessions in the playoffs..the more chances you have the more success you have.

Remeber 2007 and the Oberto tap back? How man6 chances did he give the Spurs to score. Those second chance points killed us. Just like in 07.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Aldridge is a jumpshooter who has no inside game. Pass.

And he's not available anyway. If we're going to talk about every player in the league, might as well add Duncan, who probably has a few good years left.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

We have an aging point guard who doesn't have much left, IMO. I know I'll get a lot of arguments there but he needs to go someplace that only needs him for 20-25 minutes and can afford to have him take days off. We're still not there yet even with Dragic's improvement but this really needs to start being Goran's team.

I think we lose a lot regardless of who we get to replace Amare. I want him gone but I'm not blinded by his weaknesses; he's still a heck of a player. Aldridge is a huge drop-off IMO and he's one of the softest and most inconsistent big men out there. Aldridge would be a nice improvement over Frye but he's not the player Stat is.

Just trying to fill the hole that Amare leaves will mean we are destined for early playoff exits at best. Nash, Hill and JR are going to decline quicker than Goran, Clark and Lopez improve and we have no idea what's going on physically with Robin.

Steve

OP
OP
M

Makeplays

Rookie
Reaction score
We have an aging point guard who doesn't have much left, IMO. I know I'll get a lot of arguments there but he needs to go someplace that only needs him for 20-25 minutes and can afford to have him take days off. We're still not there yet even with Dragic's improvement but this really needs to start being Goran's team.

I think we lose a lot regardless of who we get to replace Amare. I want him gone but I'm not blinded by his weaknesses; he's still a heck of a player. Aldridge is a huge drop-off IMO and he's one of the softest and most inconsistent big men out there. Aldridge would be a nice improvement over Frye but he's not the player Stat is.

Just trying to fill the hole that Amare leaves will mean we are destined for early playoff exits at best. Nash, Hill and JR are going to decline quicker than Goran, Clark and Lopez improve and we have no idea what's going on physically with Robin.

Steve

I agree but then again should he be rewarded for half-assin it?

Who's out there? Just Bosh?