Nash PG

Richardson G/F
Barbosa G
Cabarkapa PF
Voskuhl C
Vroman F/C
Jacobsen SG
Eisley PG

Lampe, Voskuhl, Stoudemire, Vroman, and Cabarkapa at 4/5 - everyone knows Marion will get minutes here as well (unless a trade) opening up a few minutes for JJ and Q

Richardson becomes 6th man - backing up Nash, JJ, Marion, or playing alongside in skillball

Amare's, Marion's, and JJ's minutes go down - injuries do happen as well

The only players I'd worry about are Jacobsen and Eisley - everyone should get plenty of minutes... injuries, skillball

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
elindholm said:
1 - JJ
2 - Q
3 - Zarko or Marion
4 - Amare
5 - Lampe

Didn't the Suns just agree to spend $66 million on a true point guard?

As slin said, this is for when Nash is on the bench, at the expense of barbosa. This wouldn't be for very long, but it would be interesting to see.

thegrahamcrackr

Reaction score
I got a call about this at work. First thing I thought was Marion is on his way out. I was thinking they could be involved in trades for Damp, but I don't know.

The lineup jsut doesn't make sense this way.

loudandobnoxious

7 yrds olld
Reaction score
thegrahamcrackr said:
I got a call about this at work. First thing I thought was Marion is on his way out. I was thinking they could be involved in trades for Damp, but I don't know.

I concur.

scotsman13

Reaction score
slinslin said:
Joe Johnson and Chicagos pick for Samuel Dalembert and John Salmons? Works under the cap.

If Philly gets Blount...

no way. i am not going to get robbed like that. slin i would think about maybe and i do mean maybe giving the pick for dalembert. but no way in heck would i ever think of giving up jj and a lottery pick of a guy that really hasnt done anything/ now i am not saying he may not turn out to be a good player in time but right now he isnt even worth jj let alone a lottery pick on top of that.

thegrahamcrackr

Reaction score
scotsman13 said:
no way. i am not going to get robbed like that. slin i would think about maybe and i do mean maybe giving the pick for dalembert. but no way in heck would i ever think of giving up jj and a lottery pick of a guy that really hasnt done anything/ now i am not saying he may not turn out to be a good player in time but right now he isnt even worth jj let alone a lottery pick on top of that.

JJ hasn't done any more than Dalembert. I bet you could go to any Philly board, and they would say the exact opposite of you.

Maximus

Reaction score
thegrahamcrackr said:

Yep. It makes perfect sense. If you think about it, they could pull the trigger on that trade any time. But, it wouldn't be beneficial unless we got Q first. So, we are waiting to see if the Clippers match. If not, somebody's gone. Suns ownership from the beginning has said they needed to get bigger, and get a PG, so this is not the end. And re-signing McDyess probably doesn't count as "getting bigger" since we already had him.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Zarko Cabarkapa 1.3M$
Casey Jacobsen 1.1M$
Milos Vujanic
Howard Eisley 6.4M$
Your own 2005 draftpick
2M$ capspace if we still have that

Tyson Chandler 4.8M$
Eddie Robinson 6.8M$

S&T Crawford for Kurt Thomas

Chicago uses the MLE money to get McDyess or so since Milos has 1 year left on his deal in italy.

Curry/Davis
Thomas/McDyess/JYD
Deng/Zarko
Gordon/Jacobsen/Jeffries
Hinrich/Eisley

Chandler/Lampe/Voshkul
Amare/Vroman
Marion/Robinson
Johnson/Q-Rich
Nash/Barbosa

+ a veteran minimum guy

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
SirChaz said:
Wow, I am still a little stunned.

I really like Q as a player but I am a little confused as to how he fits into the Suns plans. The Suns needed some scoring off the bench last season (Zarko and Casey did not get it done) but are we really paying this much for a bench player?

This makes the backcourt a little crowded. Minutes was something that were put heavly on JJ and Marion last season. Q will allow them to get a little more rest. Also there are questions as to how many minutes Nash will be expected to play.

Someone is getting moved.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
slinslin said:
Zarko Cabarkapa 1.3M$
Casey Jacobsen 1.1M$
Milos Vujanic
Howard Eisley 6.4M$
Your own 2005 draftpick
2M$ capspace if we still have that

Tyson Chandler 4.8M$
Eddie Robinson 6.8M$

S&T Crawford for Kurt Thomas

Chicago uses the MLE money to get McDyess or so since Milos has 1 year left on his deal in italy.

Curry/Davis
Thomas/McDyess/JYD
Deng/Zarko
Gordon/Jacobsen/Jeffries
Hinrich/Eisley

Chandler/Lampe/Voshkul
Amare/Vroman
Marion/Robinson
Johnson/Q-Rich
Nash/Barbosa

+ a veteran minimum guy

I have to ask ... what is with the obsession with Tyson Chandler? He hasn't done anything, yet you continually put up trades for us getting him.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
Evil Ash said:
I have to ask ... what is with the obsession with Tyson Chandler? He hasn't done anything, yet you continually put up trades for us getting him.

i've got one word for you..........'potential'

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
offset said:
i've got one word for you..........'potential'

The most over-utilized word in sports. I'll only give that players have potential when they have at least shown me something. So far Chandler has shown me squat. Hell Okur has shown me more than Chandler and I wasn't for the Suns getting him either! Chandler is a bust, plain and simple.

Doesn't he also have a thing against Amare? Its not exactly a smart move to piss off your superstar.

thegrahamcrackr

Reaction score
It isn't like he is offering the farm in that trade either. BTW, before Chandler started missing games with his back, he was throwing up some HUGE board numbers. (Slin had him on his fantasy team, so he followed his games pretty closely).

On a side note:

I love how people on this board ask what the obsession is with players like Dalembert, Chandler and to a lesser extent Blount are about. Then they balk when JJ is including in a trade idea.

Earth to you guys, everyone being mentioned also had a few good months. Near equally good as JJ. All of them have big questions, just like JJ. However, these guys are PFs and Centers, NOT like JJ.

Try to take a step back, and realize the truth about JJ. He played well for a couple months. He has tons of potential. He isn't an allstar yet, and is in the same tier of players as Chandler and Dalembert.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
thegrahamcrackr said:
It isn't like he is offering the farm in that trade either. BTW, before Chandler started missing games with his back, he was throwing up some HUGE board numbers. (Slin had him on his fantasy team, so he followed his games pretty closely).

Its true we aren't really trading anyone really important (which makes it less believable that the Bulls would take it). However Chandler scares the Hell outta me. He's a player that hasn't produced well and has injury issues ... excuse me if I don't do back flips over it.

That and he also has that thing against Amare.

On a side note:

I love how people on this board ask what the obsession is with players like Dalembert, Chandler and to a lesser extent Blount are about. Then they balk when JJ is including in a trade idea.

Earth to you guys, everyone being mentioned also had a few good months. Near equally good as JJ. All of them have big questions, just like JJ. However, these guys are PFs and Centers, NOT like JJ.

Try to take a step back, and realize the truth about JJ. He played well for a couple months. He has tons of potential. He isn't an allstar yet, and is in the same tier of players as Chandler and Dalembert.

If we get Q, I have absolutely no problem with the trading of JJ. JJ hasn't shown me enough consistency to warrant the big contract he will want next summer.

If we can get a big man for him, I'd do it in a heartbeat

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Well how about Zarko and Milos in a S&T for Q-Rich and Ely?

Zarko doesn't have much of a shot to get PT next year behind Marion, JJ, Q, Amare and even Lampe.

Especially since Lampe is there working his butt off while Zarko is in Serbia hoping to ride the bench on the serbian NT.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
slinslin said:
Well how about Zarko and Milos in a S&T for Q-Rich and Ely?

Zarko doesn't have much of a shot to get PT next year behind Marion, JJ, Q, Amare and even Lampe.

Especially since Lampe is there working his butt off while Zarko is in Serbia hoping to ride the bench on the serbian NT.

I'd be all for it but I don't see the Clippers doing it

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
What are the Clips losing? They might not want to match Q anyway. At least not until they are out of the Bryant hunt. Even then they might go the cheap way.

Ely isn't even on their summer league roster this year and never played much of a role for them.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really hope the Clips don't match the offer - Q myabe be a bit of a lose canon - but the guy plays with attitude and brings it hard and punishes people on the offensive end - it also makes me happy to think that he will replacing one of our two softies at the swing position - hopefully one of which - JJ or Marion - along with the Bulls pick can be moved for a center - then this team will abolsutely rock and I will gladly take away all the bitching I was doing earlier. Too many nice guys on thi9s team - we all know where nice guys finish . . .

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
thegrahamcrackr said:

On a side note:

Wow that was a very reasonable objective post. No homerism at all.

WTH are you thinking? :mad:

GO SUNS! JJ is the man! until he is traded.

Last edited:

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I think everybody is losing their mind. Player-a-day trades, multiple threads about the same thing, multiple lessons about the CBA... When will it all end??!!

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
Chaplin said:
I think everybody is losing their mind. Player-a-day trades, multiple threads about the same thing, multiple lessons about the CBA... When will it all end??!!

Dog and Cats living together!!! ;)

George O'Brien

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Am I the only person who thinks that a guard who shoots only 39.8% on a team that already has a bunch of guys who need to go to basket is a strange move?

I just hope and pray that the Clips match. :p

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
George O'Brien said:
Am I the only person who thinks that a guard who shoots only 39.8% on a team that already has a bunch of guys who need to go to basket is a strange move?

I just hope and pray that the Clips match. :p

I am thinking the same thing and am glad someone else brought it up. Q doesnt shoot the best percentage in the world and I want to know why others arnt bringing this up!