question about JJ....

klatk

Reaction score
Hi y'all,

Just a question: Is it just me, or does it seem like JJ's become quite a ballhog?

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Originally posted by klatk
Hi y'all,

Just a question: Is it just me, or does it seem like JJ's become quite a ballhog?

define ballhog?

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
JJ is really the teams only consistant playmaker right now IMO. If anything he defers too much at certain times in the game. That said I think the ball movement since the trade has been pretty good and think everyone is getting their touches. He hasn't even lead the team in FGA since the trade which is somewhat suprising since he's been our best scorer over that stretch.

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by klatk
Hi y'all,

It is clear that JJ plays better with the ball than without it. This is why he has prospered since Marbury and Penny left since they are both better with the ball than without it.

Conversely, Marion is the opposite. Unlike JJ he really doesn't create his own shot, but he is good coming off screens.

This is why, in theory, they should be able to prosper on the court together.

George O'Brien

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
JJ is in an odd situation in that Barbosa is learning how to be a PG and Eisley does not know the offense, so JJ has to initiate the offense more than he might otherwise.

Overall I have been much more concerned by Eisley's ball hogging, in that it involves aimless dribbling on the perimeter. JJ seems to get into into the paint without so much dribbling around. Also, JJ's assists have been up during this period as well.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05