Question for Cards fans

OP
OP
R

Rooster7

Rookie
Reaction score
And the Cards didn't play their starters last week for the vast majority of the game against Green Bay, so your "How'd that work out for you last week" comment is mute.

We can talk past games forever, ie when the Cards knocked the Vikes outta the playoffs a few years back, though all that really matters is right now. So, why not post something about how you think the teams will match up SHOULD they play against each other? Trolling and insults are not allowed on this board as you know since you have been here before, though debating real football issues is encouraged by all.

I have been here before and those that remember me know that I'm not a troll and I am not even close to being as insulting as some of your regular members on this board. I find it funny that you say insults are not allowed on this board when you should phrase it like this: "Insults are not allowed on this board UNLESS you're a cards fan. Then its ok to insult people who are fans of other teams who come in to ask a question about playing said team"

I like to come in here once in awhile to talk football since the cards are my second favorite team (see above) but if you and the others want the board all to yourself so you can put on your Cards glasses and drink your red coolaid, I will leave and not return and hope your team gets killed by the packers again tomorrow.

I'm just teasin about that last part. I hate the packers to bad to hope for that.

:D

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Legit point Jersey Girl. The Vikes laid down for that game. But any given Sunday. I seem to recall the Vikes coming in to AZ last year and putting the spank on the Cards with Tarvaris frickin Jackson at the helm and the Cards went on to respectivelly represent the NFC in the Super Bowl.

You don't want to play the Vikes at home. Trust me.

What a clown coming here talking smack after what we did to your team this year. That is right this year is what matters. Vikes didn't lay down they got their ass kicked. Now go away troll.

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's cool. I was just throwing it out there. I haven't really read a lot of opposing fans stuff this season (was finishing an MA that led to a change in career) so it's kinda hard to know who is serious and who's just screwing around.

Blasphemous statements about the Packers winning anything, however, will not be tolerated and are punishable by having a cheesehead surgically implanted to your head. :D

OP
OP
R

Rooster7

Rookie
Reaction score
My question to you is do you hope to face Dallas,GB or the Cardinals next week?

You know, I'm not sure. Dallas is the hot team right now. We match up best with the packers and the cards can kill you depending on which team shows up.

If Warner goes down, the cards are screwed. Same with Favre. If he goes down, the Vikes are screwed. Gawd I still can't get used to using Favre and Vikings in the same sentence!

I like the Vikings chances against anybody at home. That is why no matter what happens, I want to see the Saints get beat next week.

OP
OP
R

Rooster7

Rookie
Reaction score
It's cool. I was just throwing it out there. I haven't really read a lot of opposing fans stuff this season (was finishing an MA that led to a change in career) so it's kinda hard to know who is serious and who's just screwing around.

Blasphemous statements about the Packers winning anything, however, will not be tolerated and are punishable by having a cheesehead surgically implanted to your head. :D

Congrats on the career change!

A cheesehead implanted on my head may just lead to decapitation...by ME

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I have been here before and those that remember me know that I'm not a troll and I am not even close to being as insulting as some of your regular members on this board. I find it funny that you say insults are not allowed on this board when you should phrase it like this: "Insults are not allowed on this board UNLESS you're a cards fan. Then its ok to insult people who are fans of other teams who come in to ask a question about playing said team"

I like to come in here once in awhile to talk football since the cards are my second favorite team (see above) but if you and the others want the board all to yourself so you can put on your Cards glasses and drink your red coolaid, I will leave and not return and hope your team gets killed by the packers again tomorrow.

I'm just teasin about that last part. I hate the packers to bad to hope for that.

The Cardinals have been my team since the early 60's, but I enjoyed watching the Purple People Eaters, especially when Joe Kapp was their QB. I always hated Tarkenton, so I lost interest in the Vikings when he came back to Minnesota. I could never understand why the Vikings play in that ridiculous dome. They went to 4 SB's because NOBODY (especially the wimpy LA Rams) could come to Minnesota & play in those frigid conditions. I still remember so many NFC Championship games in Minny & you could see it in the eyes of those Rams players that they did not want to be there. I know the Twins will be playing outside in their new stadium. What about the Vikings? If they dumped that dome, they would start going back to SB's on a regular basis. BTW, Cowpukes vs Vikings will be an incredible game next week. I hope you guys beat them.

OP
OP
R

Rooster7

Rookie
Reaction score
What a clown coming here talking smack after what we did to your team this year. That is right this year is what matters. Vikes didn't lay down they got their ass kicked. Now go away troll.

I rest my case your honor

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have been here before and those that remember me know that I'm not a troll and I am not even close to being as insulting as some of your regular members on this board. I find it funny that you say insults are not allowed on this board when you should phrase it like this: "Insults are not allowed on this board UNLESS you're a cards fan.

Not true but what is true Card's fan and long time members do get more leeway, is there anything wrong with that ?

OP
OP
R

Rooster7

Rookie
Reaction score
The Cardinals have been my team since the early 60's, but I enjoyed watching the Purple People Eaters, especially when Joe Kapp was their QB. I always hated Tarkenton, so I lost interest in the Vikings when he came back to Minnesota. I could never understand why the Vikings play in that ridiculous dome. They went to 4 SB's because NOBODY (especially the wimpy LA Rams) could come to Minnesota & play in those frigid conditions. I still remember so many NFC Championship games in Minny & you could see it in the eyes of those Rams players that they did not want to be there. I know the Twins will be playing outside in their new stadium. What about the Vikings? If they dumped that dome, they would start going back to SB's on a regular basis. BTW, Cowpukes vs Vikings will be an incredible game next week. I hope you guys beat them.

The new stadium needs to get approved SOON. The dome is an embarassing dump. The lease runs out in 2011 so something needs to get done. Zygi wants a retractable roof which I believe is the only way to go if you want to generate revenue aside from football. Also, you would never be able to host a SB with an open air stadium in Minnesota.

I hope we beat the cowgirls next week too and I also hope you guys embarass the pukers tomorrow. I'll be watching.

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Trolls to the left of me, haters to the right.
Here we go!
Back in the playoffs again.

OP
OP
R

Rooster7

Rookie
Reaction score
You really have no case. You should be worrying about the Cowboys. I have a feeling they will be putting a hurting on that attention ***** QB of yours.

Dammit quit saying he's my QB. :) I'm a Vikings fan. Not a Favre fan. But I do have to admit, the old attention ***** has played lights out this year.

Who woulda thunk?

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Dammit quit saying he's my QB. :) I'm a Vikings fan. Not a Favre fan. But I do have to admit, the old attention ***** has played lights out this year.

Who woulda thunk?

Like others here I have always liked the Vikings. One of the fun teams to watch over the years and certainly successful. Favre has put an end to that. He is good but I can't stand him.

Although I still will root for you guys against the Cowboys.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm thinkin the only fair thing to do right now is combine anAll start team of the Saints, Vikings and Cowboys to play the Cards for the NFC Championship. This way we will be assured a competitive game.:)

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I'm thinkin the only fair thing to do right now is combine anAll start team of the Saints, Vikings and Cowboys to play the Cards for the NFC Championship. This way we will be assured a competitive game.:)

NICE!

:thumbup:

OP
OP
R

Rooster7

Rookie
Reaction score
Like others here I have always liked the Vikings. One of the fun teams to watch over the years and certainly successful. Favre has put an end to that. He is good but I can't stand him.

Although I still will root for you guys against the Cowboys.

OH believe me PJ when I say I DID NOT want that pre-madonna SOB playing for MN. I said before he signed that if the Vikings do well, it won't be about the Vikings as a team. It won't be about the Vikings finally got a decent owner. It won't be about the Vikings drafting well and putting together a butt load of talent. It will be all about Favre and every damn Sunday I get proved right. Its not the Vikings against team X. Its Bret Favre against team X. It drives me nuts! But I bleed purple at heart so I have to root for my team to do well no matter who the cheese eating bastard is that is running the show. :bang: :D

I will be rooting for you guys against the packers tomorrow. Good luck!

OP
OP
R

Rooster7

Rookie
Reaction score

Ya have a good start with the Vikings nine pro bowlers.

Although, it should be 8. How Bryant McKinnie made the pro bowl is beyond me???

By the way, how is Levi Brown doing? This is a serious question because I don't follow him much. But how is he doing? I know its a touchy issue considering you could have taken AP but I'm curious.

DevilDon

Reaction score
A little known fact was that Jim McMahon was a backup to Brent after the 96 Super Bowl win. The team goes to be photographed with the President. Jim McMahon put on a Bears hat just before the photo was taken. I have since loved that guy even though he was a Bear all those years.
You think Brent would do that if he won a SB with Minny? That guy makes me sick, a complete and total glory hound. And if he'd not have thrown that ridiculous INT against the Giants, GB might have another Super Bowl win. You win and lose with the guy. I feel sorry for you Minny fans even though I hate your team. You wanna know why some are so hateful of him? He could have played with 28 different teams, he's trying to show he's larger than the most storied franchise in NFL history.
And now he's bigger than the Vikings franchise?
Hey, FU Brent!!!!!!
I will buy a team hat of which ever team beats them down in the playoffs and it WILL happen. NO SB for Brent.

100%CardsFan

100% embarrassed
Reaction score
A little known fact was that Jim McMahon was a backup to Brent after the 96 Super Bowl win. The team goes to be photographed with the President. Jim McMahon put on a Bears hat just before the photo was taken. I have since loved that guy even though he was a Bear all those years.
You think Brent would do that if he won a SB with Minny? That guy makes me sick, a complete and total glory hound. And if he'd not have thrown that ridiculous INT against the Giants, GB might have another Super Bowl win. You win and lose with the guy. I feel sorry for you Minny fans even though I hate your team. You wanna know why some are so hateful of him? He could have played with 28 different teams, he's trying to show he's larger than the most storied franchise in NFL history.
Hey, FU Brent!!!!!!
I will buy a team hat of which ever team beats them down in the playoffs and it WILL happen. NO SB for Brent.

Who is Brent!

OP
OP
R

Rooster7

Rookie
Reaction score
Vikesfan was permabanned and this is what 4th screen name? Cant we just ban this one again instead of having to read his pathetic posts?

Um........speaking of pathetic posts....

I have always been Rooster7. You don't HAVE to read $hit. If you don't like it don't read it. Simple as that. There happens to be some members of this board that I like to talk to. You are just one of the 3% that comes off as a complete jerk. So please, don't read anything I post and let me talk to the 97% that have a clue.

OP
OP
R

Rooster7

Rookie
Reaction score
Hey, FU Brent!!!!!!

HA! Keep channeling your anger and pretend that it doesn't eat you raw inside that your HERO is leading your arch rival! You cheeseheads crack me up. I'm actually impressed that there is someone in WI that can still type after "Brent" and the Vikings beat you down twice this year. Everyone else is either in detox or the loony bin. Good for you!

BUT I digress. This is a cards forum and we shouldn't be doing this here...