Rockets @ Suns 2-4-19

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is a Booker update. Tight hamstring.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
D'Antoni is in the building and both the Rockets and Suns each play 8 players.

I hope they fumigate the arena of whatever is in the air before our next home game Friday. :)

The Phoenix Rockets.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kinda wondering what Booker could get for us on the trade market. I am just wondering if he is ever going to be consistently healthy. He is not good enough to be the #1 option on a winning team. I think we are seeing that now. He could be a really good #2 option but I am not sure if he can adjust to that role.

SunnyBaller

All Star
Reaction score
Kinda wondering what Booker could get for us on the trade market. I am just wondering if he is ever going to be consistently healthy. He is not good enough to be the #1 option on a winning team. I think we are seeing that now. He could be a really good #2 option but I am not sure if he can adjust to that role.
I was saying this at the beginning of the season, I like Booker and would prefer him to be a Sun but if someone offers something that would be more valuable to the team in the long run I think you have to at least listen. He's not a number #1 guy the best I ever see him being is a Klay Thompson type player minus the lockdown defense

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I was saying this at the beginning of the season, I like Booker and would prefer him to be a Sun but if someone offers something that would be more valuable to the team in the long run I think you have to at least listen. He's not a number #1 guy the best I ever see him being is a Klay Thompson type player minus the lockdown defense
I have been concerned about his health issues for roughly a year and a half now. They were dismissed early on because it’s not anything chronic and seems to be random but even that doesn’t change him from being one of the most injury prone players in the entire league especially at the salary which he will be making next season.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I think that's poor logic on your part. If you want to break away from him due to injury risks, I can see that - but this is not the year to do it. He's making 3.3 million a year so you're not going to get much in return. But this idea that he's not good enough to be a number 1 because he struggles playing a different position really floors me. And even playing out of position and frequently hobbled, he's still putting up incredible numbers. Granted, he is 11 months and 28 days older than Lonzo so we can't expect him to turn his game around like we hope Ball will (if we trade for him).

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ayton should eventually be the #1 option on the Suns.

Just about every team needs three stars to do it right. Booker is one of them. Maybe Jackson or Bridges becomes the third star or the Suns add one in free agency or trade.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I watched that game last night. Harden should have had 3 maybe even 4 fouls early in that game. Love watching the Beard but the BAD BAD BAD blocking call wasn't even close. Harden should have picked up that 3rd foul early.

This team is just weird. I see some really promising play but then they just fall apart when it counts. I think much of it is this team has no idea how to win games.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Ayton should eventually be the #1 option on the Suns.

Just about every team needs three stars to do it right. Booker is one of them. Maybe Jackson or Bridges becomes the third star or the Suns add one in free agency or trade.
Unless this team eventually morphs into either of the two Detroit teams (Isaiah’s and chauncy’s). While those teams had very good players (Isaiah, Sumatra, Rodman - Chauncey, Wallaces, rip) none of them were necessarily what we see today as “big three” or “big four” types. They were just clubs that were solid all the way through their rosters. I know it’s too early to count chickens that are so young, but if we acquired a legit PG and everyone else (including Melton and okobo) continues to develop this would be an incredibly deep team that wins based on team rather than superstars. Mind you, I believe we might closer to the big three (Ayton, booker and to-be-acquired-PG/JJ/Bridges) than why I’ve written up, but I don’t discount the possibility of the latter.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unless this team eventually morphs into either of the two Detroit teams (Isaiah’s and chauncy’s). While those teams had very good players (Isaiah, Sumatra, Rodman - Chauncey, Wallaces, rip) none of them were necessarily what we see today as “big three” or “big four” types. They were just clubs that were solid all the way through their rosters. I know it’s too early to count chickens that are so young, but if we acquired a legit PG and everyone else (including Melton and okobo) continues to develop this would be an incredibly deep team that wins based on team rather than superstars. Mind you, I believe we might closer to the big three (Ayton, booker and to-be-acquired-PG/JJ/Bridges) than why I’ve written up, but I don’t discount the possibility of the latter.

I believe the Suns are closer than many fans think. If they add a point guard that can penetrate, distribute and shoot well enough to keep defenses honest, they are in business. Then add a player like Faried or Harrell to the front court who can play beside Ayton and they are ready to compete.

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I believe the Suns are closer than many fans think. If they add a point guard that can penetrate, distribute and shoot well enough to keep defenses honest, they are in business. Then add a player like Faried or Harrell to the front court who can play beside Ayton and they are ready to compete.
Can you imagine what [an energized, interested] Faried would have done to the win column, everything else being equal? At least 5 more wins and probably more. It's too bad that we couldn't get Randle over the summer. A true power forward to show the youngsters what rebounding really means.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can you imagine what [an energized, interested] Faried would have done to the win column, everything else being equal? At least 5 more wins and probably more. It's too bad that we couldn't get Randle over the summer. A true power forward to show the youngsters what rebounding really means.

Randle has a player option next season and Faried will be a free agent so either may be possible.

Faried probably wanted to go to a contender this season after he was bought out and the Suns lacked a starting point guard. However, you are right, it would have been exciting to see Faried in a Suns uniform.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
we're staring at a minimum 15 game losing streak. yay.