Roethlisberger Injured in Motorcycle Accident

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From a long ago rumor mill about a certain Dolphins QB.

A few of my Cycle buddies shop owners told me a story about a certain QB who came in to test ride a Harley ( @ U S Steel in Ft Lauderdale, FL ) . Seems he was a novice rider, with basically no riding experience and crashed on the test ride. Messed up his achilles tendon big time and the whole incident was covered up.

Last edited:

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
wallyburger said:

A few of my Cycle buddies shop owners told me a story about a certain QB who came in to test ride a Harley ( @ U S Steel in Ft Lauderdale, FL ) . Seems he was a novice rider, with basically no riding experience and crashed on the test ride. Messed up his achilles tendon big time and the whole incident was covered up.
Wow.

Double wow.

Redheart

Stack 'em up!
Reaction score
wallyburger said:

...and NOW....you know the Rest of the story...

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ah i kinda figured, i know so little about marino i had no idea he was ever injured with a tendon

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
wallyburger said:
Buffalo Bills safety Troy Vincent, the president of the NFL Players Association, said Tuesday that the union does not oppose teams using such specific language but noted it should be done on a case-by-case basis.

Excellent.

So in Bryant Johnson's next contract the Cards should put in a clause making it a violation to drop touchdown passes.

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The latest ....

Roethlisberger to be cited for not having motorcycle license

By DANIEL LOVERING, Associated Press Writer
June 19, 2006

PITTSBURGH (AP) -- Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger will be cited for not wearing a helmet and not having a motorcycle license after an accident last week left him with a concussion, broken jaw and nose.

Roethlisberger and the driver of the car he crashed into on June 12 both had the green light, but the driver of the vehicle will be cited for failing to yield, police said Monday.

Only licensed cyclists can ride without a helmet in Pennsylvania.

Roethlisberger was traveling 35 mph in a posted 35 mph zone, said officer Dan Connolly. There were no mechanical problems with Roethlisberger's Suzuki Hayabusa or the Chrysler New Yorker, he said.

Police Chief Dominic Costa said the woman driving the car received some threatening phone calls, which police were investigating.

Roethlisberger had seven hours of surgery to repair his broken jaws and other facial bones. Doctors have said tests showed no brain injuries, although there was a mild concussion. He also lost two teeth and chipped several others.

He was discharged Wednesday night from Mercy Hospital and apologized to the team, his fans and family in a statement released Thursday. He also said that he would wear a helmet if he rode a motorcycle again.

Lesson learned!

Scott MS

Registered
Reaction score
Sad thing is that I just read that that 62 year old lady is receiving threatening phone calls and has filed a complaint with police. Very sad, then again any football fan in Pittsburgh is so delusional that they probably think Big Ben is superman.

Redheart

Stack 'em up!
Reaction score
Scott MS said:
Sad thing is that I just read that that 62 year old lady is receiving threatening phone calls and has filed a complaint with police. Very sad, then again any football fan in Pittsburgh is so delusional that they probably think Big Ben is superman.

I heard she had a Seahawk's jersey on at the time of the accident...

Reaction score
Scott MS said:
Agreed! Sad comment on the state of humanity...

daytripper

All Star
Reaction score
For what its worth if he had been wearing anything less than a full face helmet it probably wouldnt have mattered as he bounced of of his face and not his skull

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hence why where I came from [UK, that is] only full face helmets were considered worthwhile.

The other ones wern't much more then to satisfy the letter of the law.